Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:29:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Become Muslims by noon today... or we kill all of you'  (Read 2614 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:32:35 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2720876/Crucified-Caliphate-monsters-Iraq-descends-apocalypse-Islamic-State-fanatics-seize-towns-tell-terrified-Yazidi-Become-Muslims-noon-today-kill-you.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope ISIS gave them the choice of the time zone at least... Not even?  Roll Eyes

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:37:01 PM

I believe the title is not precise enough, ISIS will kill anyone that doesn't follow them muslim or not, You'll find dozens of videos of Muslims getting beheaded or shot to death just because they don't want to follow ISIS and doesn't recognize their so called Qalifat (which is a middle age thing), this is getting beyond being psycho, I don't know what references are they even following to justify their crimes ....
JimClone

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:37:26 PM

I just had a bacon sandwich  Embarrassed
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:50:09 PM

I believe the title is not precise enough, ISIS will kill anyone that doesn't follow them muslim or not, You'll find dozens of videos of Muslims getting beheaded or shot to death just because they don't want to follow ISIS and doesn't recognize their so called Qalifat (which is a middle age thing), this is getting beyond being psycho, I don't know what references are they even following to justify their crimes ....

Yes we all know ISIS is a cancer, even for muslims. This situation is no less true for those people though.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:02:00 PM

Just what we needed, an Iraqi Taliban. Saddam was a horrible person that did horrific things but he was better than this group.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:05:54 PM

Just what we needed, an Iraqi Taliban. Saddam was a horrible person that did horrific things but he was better than this group.

... The poster called "saddampbuh" will send you a box of chocolates and roses if you keep writing this...  Smiley

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:17:37 PM

... The poster called "saddampbuh" will send you a box of chocolates and roses if you keep writing this...  Smiley

I have and had zero sympathy for Saddam. We wasted a lot of money and lives to end a bad regime only to see it replaced with even more chaos and an even more dangerous ideology vying for political power there. Saddam at least was a "known devil". 

newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:19:17 PM

Indeed, looking at the before and after it looks like Iraq would have been better off keeping Saddam in power. One of many disasters caused by the Bush regime.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:28:44 PM

Indeed, looking at the before and after it looks like Iraq would have been better off keeping Saddam in power. One of many disasters caused by the Bush regime.

What about the obama regime?

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:34:57 PM

These people live by the sword and die by the sword. Therefore they only understand the sword! So all you soft hearted liberals who cannot stand war and espouse an ideology of none violence, well these people will kill you and yours while you run your mouth!! Time to eliminate these people where they lay.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:37:04 PM

I am not sure many would complain about a regime change here.  Maybe we can convince Canada that we are hiding WMDs. Cheesy

newflesh

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:39:31 PM

The Obama regime hasn't got a decent track record either, in fact I see some of Obama's foreign policies as more rightwing than Bush especially with regards to drone strikes, assassinations etc
kuroman

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:46:40 PM

Yes we all know ISIS is a cancer, even for muslims. This situation is no less true for those people though.

Indeed, but my is that almost no one was paying attention to ISIS when they were slaughtering Muslims in the thousands (and other minorities), but once Christians came in the line it became a head line article, and I believe human lifes should be threated equally and this just show how our western media and politics are biased....

This is worst than Taliban as this group are way more brutal, When Al Qaeda them selfs says these guys are crazy then you know something is wrong.
For me the question would is how to fix things, and air strikes definitely not the solution in the long terms and can possibly have the opposite effect.

Air strikes are necessary as a short term solution to stop the massacre made by ISIS, but a long term plan should involve Iraqis authorities (and neighboring countries) that should be strengthened and current authorities are bad as they prosecute a part of the population which one reason reason why ISIS is expanding.

Education and promoting tolerant Islam in Mosques for example, and doing the same for other religions and minorities as tolerance is the key here, but this one will be hard, as Iranians and Saudi Arabia among others Geopolitical reasons collides

Helping Iraq rebuilding it institutions once their political system is balanced.

valvalis

Activity: 784

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:48:26 PM

For this time I really hope US to immediately eradicate ISIS.
Although I think ISIS will be destroyed by itself, but I fear there will be many casualties as long as ISIS is still there.

█▌▐█
▄██████▄▄
  ▀████████▄
     ▀███████
       ▀██████
         ▀█████
           ████
         ▄█████
       ▄█████
     ▄███████
  ▄████████▀
▀██████▀▀
  █▌▐█
..DeFiXy.......████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███   ██████████████   ███████   █████████   ██   █████   ██████████████████   ████
.$0.50.
███████   ██   █████████   ██   ███████████   ███████████   ███████████   █████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.......JOIN NOW..
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:52:32 PM

This is worst than Taliban as this group are way more brutal, When Al Qaeda them selfs says these guys are crazy then you know something is wrong.
For me the question would is how to fix things, and air strikes definitely not the solution in the long terms and can possibly have the opposite effect.

Air strikes are necessary as a short term solution to stop the massacre made by ISIS, but a long term plan should involve Iraqis authorities (and neighboring countries) that should be strengthened and current authorities are bad as they prosecute a part of the population which one reason reason why ISIS is expanding.

Education and promoting tolerant Islam in Mosques for example, and doing the same for other religions and minorities as tolerance is the key here, but this one will be hard, as Iranians and Saudi Arabia among others Geopolitical reasons collides

Helping Iraq rebuilding it institutions once their political system is balanced.

When we went into Iraq we had no understanding of the tribal and sect situation and the aftermath showed in in a very glaring way. Perhaps a republic type of system with representation from all areas would have worked better than the current system of one sect or another being the ruling party.

For the current situation there is no real clear solution. We can drop bombs or send in drones etc. but American power being brought to bear in that country tends to send ordinary people in the other direction. 

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:55:43 PM

The Yazidi religion is a strange one. No one can convert and become an Yazidi and no one can be adopted into the Yazidi faith. So, if the villagers convert to Islam, then they will not be able to return to their native faith once the ISIS is defeated.
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:07:02 PM

Sadam, Taliban and ISIS are all directly or indirectly products of US foreign policy and its attempt to create a mono polar world. Evolution is fractal so is society. only when this is recognised, will any empathy and peace be achived

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:24:00 PM

Sadam, Taliban and ISIS are all directly or indirectly products of US foreign policy and its attempt to create a mono polar world. Evolution is fractal so is society. only when this is recognised, will any empathy and peace be achived

That is the law of unintended consequences. We saw the same thing with post cold war Afghanistan. The enemy of my enemy works in the short term but it ends up creating another enemy more often than not. 

DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:25:56 PM

It isn't about the president it's about the persons that stay hidden but give him commands and he acts as sockpuppet.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:54:23 PM

It isn't about the president it's about the persons that stay hidden but give him commands and he acts as sockpuppet.

That may have been true with Bush, but with Obama you have rows of sockpuppet after sockpuppet after sockpuppet...
DubFX

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:07:47 PM

That may have been true with Bush, but with Obama you have rows of sockpuppet after sockpuppet after sockpuppet...
How do you mean that? Like there are even more sockpuppets getting commands that obama is under or that obama has alot of sockpuppets?
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:29:32 PM

Its a sock puppet show

Here is a great mind that puts some perspective on why we are living in the "Clusterfuck" (a wonderful adjective from beetcoin)

Interviewer gets fucked by Noam Chomsky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CKpCGjD8wg

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
kuroman

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:29:32 PM

When we went into Iraq we had no understanding of the tribal and sect situation and the aftermath showed in in a very glaring way. Perhaps a republic type of system with representation from all areas would have worked better than the current system of one sect or another being the ruling party.

For the current situation there is no real clear solution. We can drop bombs or send in drones etc. but American power being brought to bear in that country tends to send ordinary people in the other direction. 

Exactly, and what makes this situation even worst, is that Libya might become the second ISIS land, and from there spread conflict areas like they did here to Sudan/south Sudan, Mali...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:56:57 PM

Exactly, and what makes this situation even worst, is that Libya might become the second ISIS land, and from there spread conflict areas like they did here to Sudan/south Sudan, Mali...

Again, incompetence of Obama should be blamed. He failed in Benghazi, and now the militants are seizing town after town in Libya. Deploying a peacekeeper force sanctioned by the UN is the only choice left now.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:57:20 PM

Yes, this is real danger right now.
Unfortunately, this ''Arab's spring'' didn't bring freedom and stability in this region but chaos and instability.
I'm afraid that other countries in this region can fail in politic chaos as well.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
DodoB

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:25:14 PM

I would have converted yesterday.
kuroman

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:58:03 PM

Some footage from Iraq air force doing some air strikes on ISIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeFVilDATNM
dKingston

Activity: 482

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 01:52:03 AM

I would predict that there will be some kind of civil war in Iraq for a long time. The US and the rest of the world may intervene if things get too out of hand but I don't think there will be peace there for at least a decade. I do think it is very sad that individual sects of Islam are not more willing to be accepting of other's religion.

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
GangkisKhan

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:03:47 AM

A rational prisoner should just convert rather than choose death or face torture.
beetcoin

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:33:24 AM

what's funnier is that they were also taunting the U.S. .. i'm not sure how smart they are strategically by taunting the U.S. while in the midst of conquering an area that the U.S. has a military history with.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:28:10 AM

ISIS are worse than the Nazi's. As evil as the Nazi's were, they tried to cover-up their brutality but this lot seem to gloat in it. The world cannot stand back and let this group commit unspeakable crimes and grow in numbers. How they can do this in the name of Islam i don't know, they are savages, nothing more.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:42:51 AM

Where are Bush & Blair now? They should be hauled into the court at The Hague & made answerable for their actions. It's thanks to them that this barbarism has been unleashed in Iraq & Syria.
kuroman

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:45:49 AM

what's funnier is that they were also taunting the U.S. .. i'm not sure how smart they are strategically by taunting the U.S. while in the midst of conquering an area that the U.S. has a military history with.
It's not stupid, it's a political stunt, used everywhere, you call out someone stronger than you to show your followers that you fear nothing, not to mention that a lot of ISIS recruites were victims to US intervention directly or indirectly.

ISIS are worse than the Nazi's. As evil as the Nazi's were, they tried to cover-up their brutality but this lot seem to gloat in it. The world cannot stand back and let this group commit unspeakable crimes and grow in numbers. How they can do this in the name of Islam i don't know, they are savages, nothing more.

Nazis were on a class on their own, they used their advanced science and scientist to find new way to murder people, ISIS might get there if no intervention is made, but for now they brutal uneducated criminals in the vast majority, and what they are doing is against Islam and I can give examples, such as it's forbidden in Islam to kill or torture someone that surrendered, to kill unarmed women and children, slavery is also forbidden in Islam....ect ect.
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 09:48:59 AM

Where are Bush & Blair now? They should be hauled into the court at The Hague & made answerable for their actions. It's thanks to them that this barbarism has been unleashed in Iraq & Syria.

Exactly, both these warmongers should be locked up in chains.

Blair alone costs the UK taxpayers £millions every year for his security, I'd be happy if he (and Bush) were getting water-boarded in Gitmo Bay.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:07:31 AM

The united nations was formed to prevent and defend the weak. If the world does not intervene. Then the whole world is in peril. Forget the trading and profitable world relationships we have now. The liberal hand wringers have had theirs and got their way with iraq and afghanistan. Tell the world how talks and sanctions are to prevent mass slaughter by this evil

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:58:18 AM

Indeed, but my is that almost no one was paying attention to ISIS when they were slaughtering Muslims in the thousands (and other minorities), but once Christians came in the line it became a head line article, and I believe human lifes should be threated equally and this just show how our western media and politics are biased....

This is quite natural. Do you think the muslims are care about what's happening in Ukraine? No, they don't. That would change if someone would start killing muslims. Same thing applies here.

Vietnam is the best example, for displaying the limited usefulness of air strikes. If you want to win a war against something like ISIS eventually you have to go there, look into their eyes and kill them all. That's the only remedy.
kuroman

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:28:32 PM

The united nations was formed to prevent and defend the weak. If the world does not intervene. Then the whole world is in peril. Forget the trading and profitable world relationships we have now. The liberal hand wringers have had theirs and got their way with iraq and afghanistan. Tell the world how talks and sanctions are to prevent mass slaughter by this evil
Sadly the UN is built to hold the interest of the strong ones, hence only a couple of countries has the power to veto and control anything that is decided in the UN entities that has the power of action like the security council, as for the general assembly other countries can suggest or vote all they want not much things are usually done.

This is quite natural. Do you think the muslims are care about what's happening in Ukraine? No, they don't. That would change if someone would start killing muslims. Same thing applies here.
The situation wouldn't change really (example Chechen war) , they are following the situation, but they cannot take positions and even if they take position it wouldn't change anything, not to mention that Arab countries right now are surrounded with Issues like in Mali, Libya, Syria, Iraq....

Vietnam is the best example, for displaying the limited usefulness of air strikes. If you want to win a war against something like ISIS eventually you have to go there, look into their eyes and kill them all. That's the only remedy.

Ah don't remind me of Vietnam, I've read some books recently and some articles about the US war crimes there....and I'm still shocked of how humans can do such things to other fellow humans .... but if you go back to your point here, Vietnam has proven that ground intervention fails also,trying to kill everyone will just makes matters even worse and will only bring more chaos to the chaos that is already in place, ISIS should be pushed for the time being with military actions to save people from death, but at the same time and as I pointed before, they should have a long term plan that would solve the political/religious/tribal issues of the country, strengthens the country institutions, and military power
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:58:19 PM

Hmm... no. They are not. The Nazis butchered some 25 -30 million innocent civilians, just because they thought that these ethnic groups were inferior. (6 million Jews, 4 million Poles, 1 million Roma, 10-15 million Russians / Ukrainians / Belarussians, and many more). How many people have been killed by the ISIS so far? The maximum number might be in 5 figures?

That said, the ISIS is pure evil. They are a bunch of barbarians.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:01:50 PM

I would predict that there will be some kind of civil war in Iraq for a long time. The US and the rest of the world may intervene if things get too out of hand but I don't think there will be peace there for at least a decade. I do think it is very sad that individual sects of Islam are not more willing to be accepting of other's religion.

Unfortunately I think you are exactly right. Sometimes when the opposing sides are so dead set on destroying the other it only ends when one side wins. Maybe the territorial integrity of Iraq isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. 3 or 4 smaller countries might be a better solution to all of this.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:07:50 PM

Hmm... no. They are not. The Nazis butchered some 25 -30 million innocent civilians, just because they thought that these ethnic groups were inferior. (6 million Jews, 4 million Poles, 1 million Roma, 10-15 million Russians / Ukrainians / Belarussians, and many more). How many people have been killed by the ISIS so far? The maximum number might be in 5 figures?

That said, the ISIS is pure evil. They are a bunch of barbarians.

Important part is bolded.

247crypto

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:26:44 PM

The world cannot stand back and let this group commit unspeakable crimes and grow in numbers.

Catholic bombs and air strikes to Lugansk and Donetsk are OK for You?

247crypto

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:34:54 PM

The Nazis butchered some 25 -30 million innocent civilians

You have forgotten chinese people.

REDoctober

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:53:51 PM

The Nazis butchered some 25 -30 million innocent civilians

DOn't leave the Soviets out of the fun. They ALMOST killed more people than religion.

They definitely went for "MAXIMUM KILL POINTS" and set the record.

Its part of the reason why their system imploded into a frenzy of violence and hate.

GREAT JOB!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:57:38 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2720876/Crucified-Caliphate-monsters-Iraq-descends-apocalypse-Islamic-State-fanatics-seize-towns-tell-terrified-Yazidi-Become-Muslims-noon-today-kill-you.html

I hope ISIS gave them the choice of the time zone at least... Not even?  Roll Eyes

Well this is the daily mail we are talking about the same people who said Dorian was Satoshi so they are a tad sensationalist
Still this does creep me out there is extreme then their is ultra extreme.

The deadline the people of Kosho have to meet is midday today. Since the residents refuse to betray their faith, it is feared an entire village of about 2,500 innocent people might be slaughtered in cold blood.

‘If we did not have families, we would try to escape,’ the stoical Falah told me yesterday. ‘But we have lots of women here and many children, along with all the old men and women of the village. How could we leave them?’

This is thought to be the first time these blood-drenched fanatics – who delight in boasting of their barbarism and posting sickening murder videos on social media – have threatened to wipe out an entire village.

Call to arms

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:57:09 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 01:12:52 AM by Spendulus

I hope ISIS gave them the choice of the time zone at least... Not even?  Roll Eyes

Well this is the daily mail we are talking about the same people who said Dorian was Satoshi so they are a tad sensationalist

The deadline the people of Kosho have to meet is midday today. Since the residents refuse to betray their faith, it is feared an entire village of about 2,500 innocent people might be slaughtered in cold blood.

‘If we did not have families, we would try to escape,’ the stoical Falah told me yesterday. ‘But we have lots of women here and many children, along with all the old men and women of the village. How could we leave them?’

This is thought to be the first time these blood-drenched fanatics – who delight in boasting of their barbarism and posting sickening murder videos on social media – have threatened to wipe out an entire village.

Call to arms

I have a feeling that this really is not "Become Muslim by noon or we will kill you."

Rather it's "Become our particular type of Muslim and support us and everything we say or do or we will kill you."

A reasonable way to deal with this is to recognize an attempt to establish a medevil style Islamic Caliphate.

Then mock it and ridicule it.  Watch it fail.  Help it fail.  Make news of the barbaric nature of this stupid vision.

Let  people of the world - primarily Muslims - learn from a bad example.  A very, very bad example.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:27:22 AM

I hope ISIS gave them the choice of the time zone at least... Not even?  Roll Eyes

Call to arms

I have a feeling that this really is not "Become Muslim by noon or we will kill you."

Rather it's "Become our particular type of Muslim and support us and everything we say or do or we will kill you."

A reasonable way to deal with this is to recognize an attempt to establish a medevil style Islamic Caliphate.

Then mock it and ridicule it.  Watch it fail.  Help it fail.  Make news of the barbaric nature of this stupid vision.

Let  people of the world - primarily Muslims - learn from a bad example.  A very, very bad example.

Perhaps a puppet government and a kangaroo state might prove to be an interesting combination, watch it fail and what not.

Also build a few castles for the heck of it.

I think that the Yazidi need to make their own country like the Kurds or join them enough of these divergent groups can make a new power.
Since the whole place is a governmental mess a few minor territories and countries in the region is possible..
Pretty much in Iraq your on your own outside the main capital and nearby areas so having a mountain base like the Communist Chinese and a Yenan to build a country from is possible ^_^.

Anyways the US is thinking about it hope they don't take too long has a time limit.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-s-weighs-international-rescue-mission-for-yazidi-refugees-1407881639

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/08/140809-iraq-yazidis-minority-isil-religion-history/

The Yazidis have inhabited the mountains of northwestern Iraq for centuries, and the region is home to their holy places, shrines, and ancestral villages.  Outside of Sinjar, the Yazidis are concentrated in areas north of Mosul, and in the Kurdish-controlled province of Dohuk. For Yazidis, the land holds deep religious significance; adherents from all over the world—remnant communities exist in Turkey, Germany, and elsewhere—make pilgrimages to the holy Iraqi city of Lalesh. The city is now less than 40 miles from the Islamic State front lines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yan%27an#Red_Capital

From 1937, Yan'an became the seat of the communist government of what became known as the Shaanxi-Gansu-Ningxia Border Region. It became the center for intensive training of party members and army troops. In 1941, Mao Zedong put special influence on a series of training programs to "correct unorthodox tendencies" and essentially mold the peasantry to the communist model. One of the first CPC programs launched was the Yan'an Rectification Movement.

Area Map

Markos

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:17:28 AM

These people live by the sword and die by the sword. Therefore they only understand the sword! So all you soft hearted liberals who cannot stand war and espouse an ideology of none violence, well these people will kill you and yours while you run your mouth!! Time to eliminate these people where they lay.

I agree with this completely. Liberals with flowers in their hair don't understand that technology is not everything. Without a strong society convinced to their views/beliefs and able to defend it, the barbarians can win.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:14:33 AM

The world cannot stand back and let this group commit unspeakable crimes and grow in numbers.

Catholic bombs and air strikes to Lugansk and Donetsk are OK for You?

Catholic bombs? When did the Vatican get a military? I better get back to mass this week.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:17:00 AM

I agree with this completely. Liberals with flowers in their hair don't understand that technology is not everything. Without a strong society convinced to their views/beliefs and able to defend it, the barbarians can win.

I don't, we should all abhor violence and war. They are necessary things in rare circumstances, but non violence and peace should be our default position on just about every thing.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:25:55 AM

The Chinese civilian deaths during the WW2 were caused by ethnic cleansing attempted by the imperial Japanese army. The German Nazi troops were not involved in these atrocities.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:58:21 PM

The Chinese civilian deaths during the WW2 were caused by ethnic cleansing attempted by the imperial Japanese army. The German Nazi troops were not involved in these atrocities.

They also had their own civil was before and after WW II.
This war ended in 1949 when communist won.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:01:57 PM

Two separate wars, sort of conveniently held at the same time.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:05:08 PM

I don't, we should all abhor violence and war. They are necessary things in rare circumstances, but non violence and peace should be our default position on just about every thing.

Oh common. Pacifism is a failed ideology. It is true that some isolated segments survive to this day (such as the Amish and Mennonites), but they are able to survive only due to protection from outside. War should be fought when it is absolutely necessary.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:20:53 PM

Oh common. Pacifism is a failed ideology. It is true that some isolated segments survive to this day (such as the Amish and Mennonites), but they are able to survive only due to protection from outside. War should be fought when it is absolutely necessary.

I am no pacifist. I simply think that war should be an incredibly rare event and only fought as an absolute necessity.

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:27:37 PM

So what was the result anyways
Did they get assassinated regarding the original article
What I see is that they are being armed
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/13/france-arms-kurds-isis-iraq-military

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:28:29 AM

So what was the result anyways
Did they get assassinated regarding the original article
What I see is that they are being armed
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/13/france-arms-kurds-isis-iraq-military

France is the only country which is offering support for the minorities in Iraq. Earlier they granted refugee status for all the Christians there (well... those who could manage to escape). Now they are offering arms for the Kurdish Peshmerga. Commendable steps, especially when the US and other NATO nations are completely ignoring the conflict. 
Fray

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:41:01 AM

I am no pacifist. I simply think that war should be an incredibly rare event and only fought as an absolute necessity.
Sometimes war and military agression is a necessary evil to prevent even more violence in the future. Imagine how big of a war WW2 would have been if most of the world had intervened in the early days of the war instead of waiting for years. WW2 would have been nothing more then a minor conflict but instead turned into a years long war that affected almost every continent.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:43:18 AM

Around 80 Yazidis were killed in Iraq yesterday by the ISIS. Reports indicate that dozens of Yazidi women were kidnapped by the terrorists, to be sold as slaves in Mosul and Tikrit.  Angry

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/08/16/isis-massacres-dozens-yazidi-in-northern-iraq-town-say-iraqi-officials/

http://rt.com/news/180712-isis-massacre-village-iraq/
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: