Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:27:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Bitcoin T-Shirts For A Good Cause  (Read 1541 times)
MasterOwel (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Life is my dream, what is yours?

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:40:07 PM

I've decided to design and sell T-Shirts on booster.com in order to raise funds for a project in my school. This thread has been posted in both the Marketplace and the Project Development sections.

{The reason}
More people should learn about bitcoin, and so this is my plan to help teach people about bitocin. I will be giving economics classes at my school an incentive to both learn about bitcoin and do better in their classes, I see this as good for every person involved.

{The action}
I am selling T-Shirts that promote bitcoin, but not this project specifically. This is so that you can wear the T-Shirt anywhere and everywhere without having to be tied in with my school. The shirt has a bitcoin logo on the front left side, and on the back a QR code linking to bitcoin.org. Above the QR code reads a short statement - "Bitcoin - An idea worth spending". The point of the shirt is to direct anybody who is interested to the main website, and begin their own adventures with bitcoin.

I plan to divide 0.002 BTC equally to each student and give the teachers control over the bitcoin. I will instruct them to give each student a piece of paper similar to a paper wallet, but without the private key. I will give the teachers some knowledge on bitcoin that they should respectively teach their students in possibly one days class. The students will keep track of their bitcoins worth from USD > BTC, this will teach them about investing.

At the end of the trimester, every class has a final. The students will receive a percentage of bitcoin according to the percentage they received on their economics final. This will give inventive to do well in class. All the remaining bitcoin will be transferred back into a single address that I hold, and will be distributed the same way to the next trimesters classes, so on and so forth. My hope is that after at least two trimesters, the school will fund this on their own accord. And I truthfully believe that they will.

Not only will this project help educate students about economics, but it will also introduce bitcoin to upwards of a thousand people in my school along (directly, and indirectly). As well as my school, you can help educate people by purchasing one of these shirts and wearing it around your community. I would hope to see more people taking action like this, and trying their best to introduce bitcoin to people, especially if it helps them understand even more than bitcoin alone.

Follow This Link To Make Your Purchase

{T-Shirt}

As stated in the booster, if you would like to make a purely bitcoin donation (though without receiving the shirt) you may donate your bitcoins to: 1EDUgp1xwvY9uQ6x2shhJQU7ADsdVWEyor

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
H999Power

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:10:31 AM

Nice shirt design and cool idea. Good luck with your project!  Smiley
MasterOwel (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Life is my dream, what is yours?

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:15:16 AM