Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:49:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375239 times)
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:08:29 AM

Hello everybody.
This is my first post here.
What do you think about the future of this coin?

Good. Smiley

p.s., let others tell you.  Cheesy

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prfagun1

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:05:26 AM

Hello everybody.

Good. Smiley

Cheesy

I hope so.

I have a hash rate of 720.68 in http://magi.nonce-pool.com Grin

Zywiec

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:16:47 AM

It depends on how we (I mean enthusiasts of MAGI) will support DevTeam and work together.

Two major issues:

1. stay tuned and keep calm. Be active and don't even think about giving up.

2. DevTeam should lead us to better future as well. I mean they will invest thier own time and abilities in improving MAGI. Thay can do that. Personally I am focusing on DevTeam's strategy for future. It should be most value factor, if they show proper way on development matter, all folks will be very happy. That's the clue.
Why? I know some guys who are waiting for any positive sign to join here.  They haven't joined yet,because couldn't see it.
jawitech

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:21:22 AM

Hello everybody.

As our "spokesman" isn't online, I guess it's my part  Tongue

Welcome to the Magi community.
How did you learn about Magi? Are you interested in mining, buying/investing or providing services?

To answer your question:
Well, there are a lot of coins out there. Many claim to be/become the "best" coin or will replace Bitcoin. That's unserious marketing babble.
Bitcoin is the most popular coin to the masses and still needs adoption. But as Bitcoin has some weak points, that's the chance for other coins to take advantage.

Magi is not only a coin, it's a vision, a dream. Started by Joe Lao, supported by many great people...and me  Grin
Like every other coin, Magi needs mainstream acceptance. Places where people can pay with it. Our intention is not to create a coin just for trading on exchanges or to make profit from mining. We want to create a coin that
1.) needs way less ressources than any other coin to mine
2.) doesn't take ages to confirm transactions (important for merchants)
3.) doesn't give a huge advantage to early-birds and big hashrate miners and a disadvantage to people new to Magi / people with less money to invest / slower hardware to mine
4.) is interesting for everyone. No matter if miner, investor, supporter, merchant or whatelse. Magi is the coin for everyone.

There are many goals we want and need to reach. Some have already been, some not yet. But we're working hard to reach them. Magi has an active development, a honest developer and great community support.

BUT: You all have to understand that our small team can not reach all the goals ourselves. We don't have huge investors so that we only need to spend some funds in order to get things done. Magi is a community project, it's a fair distribution, no coins were sold via IPO/ICO.

So what does that mean? We need YOU, the community, fans, supporters. We appreciate any kind of support. Spread the word, tell your friends and family about Magi. If you know someone who owns a crypto-related website or blog, tell them. You can provide a service? You own a webshop or know someone who does? Ask them to accept Magi as payment option. Have some funds available? Consider a donation. Vote on sites like Cryptsy, Bter or other places where Magi isn't accepted yet (exchanges, web services,...).

Together with your help, this project will be way more than just another altcoin and be successful. It isn't, but we still are relatively unknown in the crypto world. We are doing our best to change that. What can you do?

Thanks for reading   Wink
jawitech

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:22:49 AM

Why? I know some guys who are waiting for any positive sign to join here.  They haven't joined yet,because couldn't see it.[/center]

Could you please provide me some details about this statement? If you prefer, via PM.
jawitech

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:24:36 AM

Cheesy
I hope so.
I have a hash rate of 720.68 in http://magi.nonce-pool.com Grin

If you want to make me happy and do a favor, would it be possible to switch your miner to maxminer's pool? There's an inbalance in the pool's hashrate and we need much more hashpower at maxminers. Would be awesome if you could do.
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:01:21 AM

How did you learn about Magi? Are you interested in mining, buying/investing or providing services?

To answer your question:
Well, there are a lot of coins out there. Many claim to be/become the "best" coin or will replace Bitcoin. That's unserious marketing babble.
Bitcoin is the most popular coin to the masses and still needs adoption. But as Bitcoin has some weak points, that's the chance for other coins to take advantage.

Thanks for the input, mate; that's superb.  Smiley

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:01:32 AM

It depends on how we (I mean enthusiasts of MAGI) will support DevTeam and work together.

Two major issues:

1. stay tuned and keep calm. Be active and don't even think about giving up.

2. DevTeam should lead us to better future as well. I mean they will invest thier own time and abilities in improving MAGI. Thay can do that. Personally I am focusing on DevTeam's strategy for future. It should be most value factor, if they show proper way on development matter, all folks will be very happy. That's the clue.
Why? I know some guys who are waiting for any positive sign to join here.  They haven't joined yet,because couldn't see it.

It's my pleasure to do so. Smiley However, I must state that I'm not the type superb or hype on pushing dev forward as many as other coins did. That's beyond my capacity and also my real job doesn't allow me to do that way. Instead, I'd like to throw myself on this coin in a pace I'm comfortable with, though I already did the way much more than the "comfortable" level. This way could avoid myself being burnt, and keep me going steadily, after all I do this in a long run I'd like to live with. Crypto cannot be like the way of "life" yet, but can be the way of life too, depends.

Don't put trust on something completely, but be objective.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:08:56 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 03:51:05 PM by joelao95

Optimized miner [V2]:

https://github.com/magi-project/wolf-m7m-cpuminer-V2

Credits should go to Wolf0. This optimization is done based on his optimized miner https://github.com/wolf9466/wolf-m7m-cpuminer, by further abstraction of the gmp computation according to his prior work, as well as a few other improvements have been carried out. Anyone who can achieve further optimization and boost the speed, please release the code accordingly.  

The above miner is slightly different from that on which prior windows compilation is based; so the speed might be different (not much expected). I will get another set of compilation for Windows.

The following is the miner with "-e" option in order to adjust CPU usage.

https://github.com/magi-project/m-cpuminer-legacy-v2

Code:
minerdlegacy -o stratum+tcp://pool_url:pool_port -u pool_user.worker -p password -t thread_numbers -e cpu_efficiency

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Enzyme

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:13:55 AM

Optimized miner [V2]:

Credits should go to Wolf0. This optimization is done based on his optimized miner https://github.com/wolf9466/wolf-m7m-cpuminer, by further abstraction of the gmp computation according to his prior work, as well as a few other improvements have been carried out. Anyone who can achieve further optimization and boost the speed, please release the code accordingly.  

The above miner is slightly different from that on which prior windows compilation is based; so the speed might be different (not much expected). I will get another set of compilation for Windows.

Code:
minerdlegacy -o stratum+tcp://pool_url:pool_port -u pool_user.worker -p password -t thread_numbers -e cpu_efficiency

My miner used to state around 2Kh/s a second, now it's at 40.

Well Done Wolf0 Smiley
jpx3m

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:09:33 AM

Optimized miner [V2]:

Code:

cool! can we expect a windows executable version of this miner soon? Smiley
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 07:13:36 AM

Hello everybody.

To answer your question:

Magi is not only a coin, it's a vision, a dream. Started by Joe Lao, supported by many great people...and me  Grin
Like every other coin, Magi needs mainstream acceptance. Places where people can pay with it. Our intention is not to create a coin just for trading on exchanges or to make profit from mining. We want to create a coin that
1.) needs way less ressources than any other coin to mine
2.) doesn't take ages to confirm transactions (important for merchants)
3.) doesn't give a huge advantage to early-birds and big hashrate miners and a disadvantage to people new to Magi / people with less money to invest / slower hardware to mine
4.) is interesting for everyone. No matter if miner, investor, supporter, merchant or whatelse. Magi is the coin for everyone.

There are many goals we want and need to reach. Some have already been, some not yet. But we're working hard to reach them. Magi has an active development, a honest developer and great community support.

BUT: You all have to understand that our small team can not reach all the goals ourselves. We don't have huge investors so that we only need to spend some funds in order to get things done. Magi is a community project, it's a fair distribution, no coins were sold via IPO/ICO.

So what does that mean? We need YOU, the community, fans, supporters. We appreciate any kind of support. Spread the word, tell your friends and family about Magi. If you know someone who owns a crypto-related website or blog, tell them. You can provide a service? You own a webshop or know someone who does? Ask them to accept Magi as payment option. Have some funds available? Consider a donation. Vote on sites like Cryptsy, Bter or other places where Magi isn't accepted yet (exchanges, web services,...).

Together with your help, this project will be way more than just another altcoin and be successful. It isn't, but we still are relatively unknown in the crypto world. We are doing our best to change that. What can you do?

Thanks for reading   Wink
Really nice said, Jaw.
i could not do better!
The benifit for the community will also will raise if we all (team and community)work together.
We really love the input and ideas from the community.
Keep it up and let show the world some Magi!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Spexx

Activity: 350

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:01:48 AM

cool! can we expect a windows executable version of this miner soon? Smiley

Oh yes. I'm on it.

velkyprachy

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:48:55 AM

Optimized miner [V2]:

Code:

+20% hashrate for my i5

Great work
nixon1974

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:02:34 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 11:50:54 AM by nixon1974

I am getting following error while compiling (make)

-ljansson -lpthread  m7/libm7m.a -lgmp -lcurl -lm -lgmp
/usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '-plugin'
/usr/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [minerd] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/magi/wolf-m7m-cpuminer-V2'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/magi/wolf-m7m-cpuminer-V2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm using Centos 6.5
SlowQuicks

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:09:45 AM

amazing work for Optimized miner [V2]:
hashrate up 15% in my side
thanks
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:21:49 AM

Windows 32 bit miner

Compiled using vanilla Cygwin32 with my custom tweaks. Its ... er ... fast. Did my head in Cheesy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgridplxdegxf1h/Spexx-Wolf0-V2-Win32-XMGminerd.zip

Singman33

Activity: 147

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:36:22 AM

Won't compile on Linux Ubuntu (and never got a problem before) :
Code:
gcc -std=gnu99  -march=native -O3 -pthread -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -Ofast  -o minerd minerd-cpu-miner.o minerd-util.o minerd-sha2.o minerd-scrypt.o minerd-m7mhash.o  minerd-sha2-x64.o minerd-scrypt-x64.o  -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lcurl -ljansson -lpthread  m7/libm7m.a -lgmp -lcurl -lm -lgmp
/tmp/ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.ltrans.o: dans la fonction « scanhash_m7m_hash »:
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0xd2): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha256_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0xde): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha256_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0xf6): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha224 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x102): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha512_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x11a): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha384 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x126): référence indéfinie vers « sph_keccak512_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x13e): référence indéfinie vers « sph_keccak512 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x14a): référence indéfinie vers « sph_whirlpool_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x162): référence indéfinie vers « sph_whirlpool »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x16e): référence indéfinie vers « sph_haval256_5_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x186): référence indéfinie vers « sph_haval256_5 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x192): référence indéfinie vers « sph_tiger_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x1aa): référence indéfinie vers « sph_tiger »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x1b6): référence indéfinie vers « sph_ripemd160_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x1ce): référence indéfinie vers « sph_ripemd160 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x3e1): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha224 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x3f4): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha256_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x420): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha384 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x43a): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha512_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x466): référence indéfinie vers « sph_keccak512 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x480): référence indéfinie vers « sph_keccak512_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x4ac): référence indéfinie vers « sph_whirlpool »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x4c6): référence indéfinie vers « sph_whirlpool_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x4f2): référence indéfinie vers « sph_haval256_5 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x50c): référence indéfinie vers « sph_haval256_5_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x5c8): référence indéfinie vers « sph_tiger »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x5e2): référence indéfinie vers « sph_tiger_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x69e): référence indéfinie vers « sph_ripemd160 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x6b8): référence indéfinie vers « sph_ripemd160_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x821): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha224 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x830): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha256_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0xe1a): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha224 »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0xe29): référence indéfinie vers « sph_sha256_close »
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:44:30 AM

Code:
gcc -std=gnu99  -march=native -O3 -pthread -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -Ofast  -o minerd minerd-cpu-miner.o minerd-util.o minerd-sha2.o minerd-scrypt.o minerd-m7mhash.o  minerd-sha2-x64.o minerd-scrypt-x64.o  -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lcurl -ljansson -lpthread  m7/libm7m.a -lgmp -lcurl -lm -lgmp
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x126): référence indéfinie vers « sph_keccak512_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x14a): référence indéfinie vers « sph_whirlpool_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x16e): référence indéfinie vers « sph_haval256_5_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x1b6): référence indéfinie vers « sph_ripemd160_init »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x480): référence indéfinie vers « sph_keccak512_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x4c6): référence indéfinie vers « sph_whirlpool_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x50c): référence indéfinie vers « sph_haval256_5_close »
ccAUbsYX.ltrans9.o:(.text+0x6b8): référence indéfinie vers « sph_ripemd160_close »

I am getting a similar problem with Msys/Mingw64 in Windows. I also get problems with libcurl. It compiles ok with Cygwin64. I think it has something to do with library paths.

Enzyme

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:07:30 PM

Code:

I am getting a similar problem with Msys/Mingw64 in Windows. I also get problems with libcurl. It compiles ok with Cygwin64. I think it has something to do with library paths.

No, it's the LTO optimizations. Jansson is archived without them.
Hey Wolf0,

A bit off topic, although I was wondering if this is you on the NXT forum: https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system-153/nxtmint-java-minter/msg156136/#msg156136
Anyway, is there any chance we'll be seeing a modified NXT minter soon? Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: