Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:46:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375238 times)
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:23:09 AM

Proof of Interest will launch 01-04-2015.
The more coins in your wallet the more interest you will receive!
More info will follow soon!

What proof..??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
light85bit

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:32:14 AM

So I've tried Wolf miner and I'm getting 38kHs@3threads
using bdver2

Point of order here Cheesy

So you are using Windows miner, yes?

The fastest minerd.exe is this one:-

This self-extracting Zip file contains Windows binaries for 64 and 32 bit. The "generic", "avx" and avx2" binaries are all the same file (there is some history there - do not worry about it) and will give a hashrate just a little bit faster than any architecture-specific miner.

You can have a lot more fun getting to grips with the full software package:-

Download and run. This is a self-extracting Zip file which unzips to folder C:\XMGminer by default. Once unzipped, run C:\XMGminer\Setup.bat and enter the required details.

This gives you options for fail-over in the event of a mining pool going offline, plus it gives you the option of spreading your hashpower across multiple mining pools. The current version is a bit clunky and needs more built-in instructions, but don't worry - version 4 is on its way Cheesy

Happy hashing Smiley

Im Waiting for version 4  Grin Grin
And i have some opinions too:
- Please add cpu efficiency fuction into it, Spexx. When im at work, i cant let it run at 100% (too much) or 50% (to low), lol.
- Please add the function of cpu target to block value like sweetpot if possible
- Please add the function let the mining window hide in system tray instead of taskbar
Thank you  Cool Cool Cool
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:45:27 AM

What proof..??
The idea is to encourage storing coins in local wallet through rewarding. 111magic will be posting more details.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:52:10 AM

Remember community to vote here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1000833.0
Also make sure you add your walletaddress in your signature so Magi can give random rewards for activity.

I voted  Roll Eyes

And can i ask a noob question: why the block amounts decreased to 1-5 those days, not 20-40 anymore?  Huh

Also some info here, let us know anything else:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg10716046#msg10716046

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:13:57 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 07:53:58 AM by Spexx

- Please add cpu efficiency fuction into it, Spexx. When im at work, i cant let it run at 100% (too much) or 50% (to low), lol.
- Please add the function of cpu target to block value like sweetpot if possible
- Please add the function let the mining window hide in system tray instead of taskbar

Point one there - that is what the speed controller is for - so that is already covered. The "cpu efficiency function" is simply a speed controller. Bit of a misnomer really. Version 4 will include the miner speed controller as part of the package, but the controller will also be available as a separate utility.

Point two - yep that is coming. Actually it is already done but I have not released it yet. It is an extension of the speed controller, currently under test and working like a charm. My thanks go to NeedIfFindIt http://xmg.makejar.com/ for assistance with this. The software uses the same data feed as Sweet Spot, but (probably) a different operating algorithm. You can target a minimum block value and a minimum network hashrate together at the same time, setting a maximum and minimum CPU usage as required. The operating logic works this way:-

1) If current block reward value is less than threshold value setting, run at minimum CPU usage setting
2) If network hashrate is less than threshold setting, run at maximum CPU usage setting

... or in other words, it will only control the miner at the minimum CPU usage setting when the block reward value is below the threshold and the network hashrate is above the threshold. All other times it will control the miner at the maximum CPU usage setting. The default settings are 20% minimum CPU usage, 100% maximum CPU usage, 22 Mh/s target hashrate and 3 XMG target block reward value. These can be altered at will in real time - no need to restart anything. Best of all is that this controller is a bolt-on standalone utility, so it doesn't matter if you are using your own custom miner startup scripts or a GUI utility to start your miners - this software will control any minerd.exe process running on the system (subject only to user access rights).

Point three - not sure if I can manage that, but there will be an option to run the miner in a hidden window i.e. no taskbar or system tray icon whatsoever and you cannot make the window visible either - all you can do is start/stop the miners.

So ... some good stuff on the way. I wanted a software module for the speed controller which could adjust the miner speed according to CPU core temperature, but just getting the CPU temperature is proving to be an enormous challenge. All I want is a simple utility that just returns a number (or an error) when I run it, but I can't find anything that works consistently across multiple versions of Windows. If anybody knows of such a beast, please let me know about it. Thanks. Please don't suggest any well-known software - I know already Cheesy

Edit: I just looked into the issue of minimizing stuff to the system tray - Google is your friend Smiley There are utilities available that can do this for any window, such as Autohotkey, so I am not going to reinvent the wheel on that one.

ex33s

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:18:32 AM

Point one there - that is what the speed controller is for - so that is already covered. The "cpu efficiency function" is simply a speed controller. Bit of a misnomer really. Version 4 will include the miner speed controller as part of the package, but the controller will also be available as a separate utility.

Point two - yep that is coming. Actually it is already done but I have not released it yet. It is an extension of the speed controller, currently under test and working like a charm. My thanks go to NeedIfFindIt http://xmg.makejar.com/ for assistance with this. The software uses the same data feed as Sweet Spot, but (probably) a different operating algorithm. You can target a minimum block value and a minimum network hashrate together at the same time, setting a maximum and minimum CPU usage as required. The operating logic works this way:-

1) If current block reward value is less than threshold value setting, run at minimum CPU usage setting
2) If network hashrate is less than threshold setting, run at maximum CPU usage setting

... or in other words, it will only control the miner at the minimum CPU usage setting when the block reward value is below the threshold and the network hashrate is above the threshold. All other times it will control the miner at the maximum CPU usage setting. The default settings are 20% minimum CPU usage, 100% maximum CPU usage, 22 Mh/s target hashrate and 3 XMG target block reward value. These can be altered at will in real time - no need to restart anything. Best of all is that this controller is a bolt-on standalone utility, so it doesn't matter if you are using your own custom miner startup scripts or a GUI utility to start your miners - this software will control any minerd.exe process running on the system (subject only to user access rights).

Point three - not sure if I can manage that, but there will be an option to run the miner in a hidden window i.e. no taskbar or system tray icon whatsoever and you cannot make the window visible either - all you can do is start/stop the miners.

So ... some good stuff on the way. I wanted a software module for the speed controller which could adjust the miner speed according to CPU core temperature, but just getting the CPU temperature is proving to be an enormous challenge. All I want is a simple utility that just returns a number (or an error) when I run it, but I can't find anything that works consistently across multiple versions of Windows. If anybody knows of such a beast, please let me know about it. Thanks. Please don't suggest any well-known software - I know already Cheesy

Don't know what language you have written the code in but maybe this will help with point 3

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7625421/minimize-app-to-system-tray

z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:04:17 AM

So I've tried Wolf miner and I'm getting 38kHs@3threads
using bdver2

Point of order here Cheesy

So you are using Windows miner, yes?

The fastest minerd.exe is this one:-

This self-extracting Zip file contains Windows binaries for 64 and 32 bit. The "generic", "avx" and avx2" binaries are all the same file (there is some history there - do not worry about it) and will give a hashrate just a little bit faster than any architecture-specific miner.

You can have a lot more fun getting to grips with the full software package:-

Download and run. This is a self-extracting Zip file which unzips to folder C:\XMGminer by default. Once unzipped, run C:\XMGminer\Setup.bat and enter the required details.

This gives you options for fail-over in the event of a mining pool going offline, plus it gives you the option of spreading your hashpower across multiple mining pools. The current version is a bit clunky and needs more built-in instructions, but don't worry - version 4 is on its way Cheesy

Happy hashing Smiley

- Please add the function let the mining window hide in system tray instead of taskbar, we don't want our colleagues/bosses to notice the miner Smiley
FTFY
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:06:12 AM

- Please add the function let the mining window hide in system tray instead of taskbar, we don't want our colleagues/bosses to notice the miner Smiley
FTFY

LOL. For those people who want to be totally sneaky, there is a way to get the miner(s) running at boot time, whether you are logged on or not, in a hidden window, using Task Scheduler and a bit of know-how.

So how many XMG is it worth for me to divulge this information? Let the bidding commence. Cheesy Cheesy

z0n0
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:53:11 AM

FTFY

LOL. For those people who want to be totally sneaky, there is a way to get the miner(s) running at boot time, whether you are logged on or not, in a hidden window, using Task Scheduler and a bit of know-how.

So how many XMG is it worth for me to divulge this information? Let the bidding commence. Cheesy Cheesy

Provide that package for us Wink
I'm sure so many of us want this (although some of us won't admit) Tongue

I had something like it months ago for XPM (primecoin), but had lot of problems with antivirus programs  Undecided
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:32:09 AM

I had something like it months ago for XPM (primecoin), but had lot of problems with antivirus programs  Undecided

There's the rub. Whenever you try to do something sneaky, behaviour-based anti-virus engines will often spot it and complain. It is bad enough that mining software itself will trigger anti-virus warnings.

Edit: How to run an app at boot time using Task Scheduler:-
http://www.howtogeek.com/138159/how-to-enable-programs-and-custom-scripts-to-run-at-boot/

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:37:14 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1000833.0

Magi is doing nice here! Keep up voting guys!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
z0n0
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:50:37 AM

I have the need to say it one more time: I FUCKIN LOVE THIS COIN AND WHOLE MAGI COMMUNITY WITH AWESOME DEVS/MEMBERS!

Keeps the great work guys. Looking forward to POI & POM Smiley
light85bit

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:22:20 AM

I have the need to say it one more time: I FUCKIN LOVE THIS COIN AND WHOLE MAGI COMMUNITY WITH AWESOME DEVS/MEMBERS!

Keeps the great work guys. Looking forward to POI & POM Smiley

Oh hey hey wait.... you stole my sentences..... What can i say now, especially after those posts of Spexx ?? Angry Angry Angry
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:01:07 PM

Lol thanks guys. Nice to see that great comment.
Let's try all to spread the word about the Coin of the Magi. Use Twitter, Facebook and all other social media. If somebody has a good idea or tip let me know I will support every action for Magi.

NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:07:49 PM

Hello All,

Two news for me today.

1. Got new version of Sweet Spot
http://xmg.makejar.com/download/sweet-spot-0.9.9.zip (includes 2 of the best Magi Miners - could be detected as "Having BitCoin Miners" by your antivirus software)
http://xmg.makejar.com/download/sweet-spot-0.9.9-bare.zip (no miners included, you can put your own miners in separate folders where the sweetspot.exe is)
http://xmg.makejar.com/download/sweet-spot-0.9.9-source.zip (source)
- Added new pool.
- Added dashboard button.
- Added ability to start multiple processes instead of threads.
- Added "Hide On Startup", "Auto Start Miners", "Auto Hide Miners" options. Thanks to Spexx for the ideas.

More info and screenshot:
http://xmg.makejar.com/

If you are curious why there is no setting between 50% and 100% the reason is that pausing and unpausing threads of another app is a CPU hungry process. Additionally pushing the CPU UP and DOWN few times a second is killing the smoothness of work and also the system power usage is almost the same as running at 100%.
So let me assume at 80% you get:
- almost same power consumption as running at 100%
- almost same heat created as running at 100%
- less hashrate compared to running at 100%
- choppy working windows (compared to running at 100%)
Maybe in the future I'll find better way to do it if possible at all.

---

2. Since I got few tips for the Sweet Spot I decided to spread the magic further creating Magi Faucet.

http://magi.steep.rocks/

There is a threshold, I'll try to send the coins within 24/48 hours since I don't keep them on the server.

Don't kill me if I fail or delay a payment ...it is still in a "testing stage" and I'm really busy sometimes Tongue
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:16:56 PM

Hello All,

Two news for me today.

http://xmg.makejar.com/download/sweet-spot-0.9.9.zip (includes 2 of the best Magi Miners - could be detected as "Having BitCoin Miners" by your antivirus software)
http://xmg.makejar.com/download/sweet-spot-0.9.9-bare.zip (no miners included, you can put your own miners in separate folders where the sweetspot.exe is)
- Added new pool.
- Added "Hide On Startup", "Auto Start Miners", "Auto Hide Miners" options. Thanks to Spexx for the ideas.

If you are curious why there is no setting between 50% and 100% the reason is that pausing and unpausing threads of another app is a CPU hungry process. Additionally pushing the CPU UP and DOWN few times a second is killing the smoothness of work and also the system power usage is almost the same as running at 100%.

---

2. Since I got few tips for the Sweet Spot I decided to spread the magic further creating Magi Faucet.

There is a threshold, I'll try to send the coins within 24/48 hours since I don't keep them on the server.

Don't kill me if I fail or delay a payment ...it is still in a "testing stage" and I'm really busy sometimes Tongue

I have one word for you NeedIfFindIt:

Awesome

Great job and very nice to have another Magi faucet. Smiley

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:18:22 PM

Can someone help me to remove the black boarders on the screen of my Raspberry Pi 2 ?
goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 06:54:25 PM

I had something like it months ago for XPM (primecoin), but had lot of problems with antivirus programs  Undecided

There's the rub. Whenever you try to do something sneaky, behaviour-based anti-virus engines will often spot it and complain. It is bad enough that mining software itself will trigger anti-virus warnings.

Edit: How to run an app at boot time using Task Scheduler:-
http://www.howtogeek.com/138159/how-to-enable-programs-and-custom-scripts-to-run-at-boot/

That Task Scheduler dont work in some network environment, the way you also can use is (and i know its working)

1 make a vbs file and putt the following text in it (C:\prefminerd\minerd.bat, this is the adres to the location to the mining map on your pc, so you need to change that, i called the miner, minerd.bat)

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\prefminerd\minerd.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

you can make this file in notepad and save the file as a .vbs (not a textfile) in the same map as the miner.

2 Copy that file and go to %systemdrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup paste it there as a shortcut

Restart the pc and your miner will start without any screens or popups  Grin
jethromoonbeam

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:12:01 PM

Hello All,

Two news for me today.

- Added new pool.

---

Is this a dream?!?!?!?! Smiley Thanx!!
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:37:22 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 09:49:05 PM by 111magic

Message from Cryptoine!

2015-03-27 21:26 UTC

Users will receive a refund in the following amounts:

40% bitcoin,
40% litecoin,
90% urocoin,
65% dogecoin,
40% bitcoinscrypt,
82% magi,
40% darkcoin,
50% dogecoindark,
40% cannabis
100% of other coins (or equivalent in other cryptocurrency)
This applies to balances before attacker activity! (2015-03-24 03:15)

2015-03-26 08:36 UTC

We apologize everyone, and thank you all for your understanding.

Attacker acted in hours from 3:15 to 10:00 UTC.

Cryptoine database is reversed to 2015-03-24 03:08 UTC and frozen.

In response to many questions...

There was no break-in to the system
There was no leak of data
Wallet private keys are safe and not compromised
The attacker was not able to execute any external code
The bug has been located and fixed. However, the losses are irreversible. We plan to complete the activity of exchange.

We will enable withdrawals in April 2015.

It's sad to say goodbye to all crypto-community. We need to take a few months break. But we will back stronger and more experienced than ever before.

Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: