Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:54:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: hey all  (Read 1586 times)
bigd555 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 07:52:20 PM

I came here to sell a bot I made that buys bitcoins from mtgox at whatever price you put, and will sell them at whatever price you put. Ofcourse this is against mtgox's rules but I am selling a limited number (5) so I dont want to get banned by posting pics (as they can see your accs and how many bitcoins you have in you acc and then use that to ban you) and the bot is browser based using its own browser to do this.

But I am posting so I can get into the market section, as I have never needed to post anything before.

Im happy to be here and hope my expertiese in coding can be of use Wink

Derek (bigd555)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 07:54:19 PM

Really?

Hmmm
bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 08:01:57 PM

I hope to get respected before I start selling so I can be shown as honest and trustworthy. Plus I dont hope to make alot, Maybe 10 bitcoins a bot max. I really just hope to use this as a jumping off point to gain respect from those 5 people and I hope they will post how much cash it has made for them. I am the type of person who likes to make alot of little programs and giving them away / selling them depending on what they are used for. So the respect will help me immensely.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 08:04:56 PM

Sup bitscalper. How's tricks?

bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 08:06:20 PM

I dont understand this statement. Could you please explain?
Xanax

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 08:09:31 PM

Welcome  Wink
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 08:10:15 PM

Bitscalper was a website that claimed to run a bot.  Turned out to be a scam.  Don't worry, everyone's a troll here... you'll get used to it.

Anyway, good luck with your venture, but I think you'll find this community has plenty of programmers so simple bots are a hard sell.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 08:18:44 PM

Bitscalper was a website that claimed to run a bot.  Turned out to be a scam.  Don't worry, everyone's a troll here... you'll get used to it.

Anyway, good luck with your venture, but I think you'll find this community has plenty of programmers so simple bots are a hard sell.

Thanks I had no idea what/who it was. 

This bot isnt as simple as one might think there is alot of fail safes and thought put into the coding to make it look like a human mouse click instead of just jumping your mouse point from one place to the other many times over so it clicks the same pixel on the screen each time thus outing you as a bot. But I guess some professional coders could do it in their sleep. I am a junior in college taking computer science and minoring in computer game design (programming) so I am still not a actual paid programmer yet but I will be one day (God willing).
alatus

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 08:20:48 PM

In what language is it implemented?
bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 08:26:54 PM

Due to the ease of making a browser it is implemented in Delphi / Pascal. Outdated languages I know but they get the job done and they were the first language I ever taught myself, back when I was making bots for the game "Runescape" but that was both Runescape 1 and a couple years into Runescape 2...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 08:29:49 PM

You do  know Mt.Gox has a trade API right?  

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MtGox/API/HTTP/v1#Submit_an_order
bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 08:32:07 PM

Yea I know and my first implimentation of the bot had it utilized but it wasn't working the way I wanted it to, something about it not connecting with the site as fast.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 01:12:55 AM

I came here to sell a bot I made that buys bitcoins from mtgox at whatever price you put, and will sell them at whatever price you put. Ofcourse this is against mtgox's rules but I am selling a limited number (5) so I dont want to get banned by posting pics (as they can see your accs and how many bitcoins you have in you acc and then use that to ban you) and the bot is browser based using its own browser to do this.

But I am posting so I can get into the market section, as I have never needed to post anything before.

Im happy to be here and hope my expertiese in coding can be of use Wink

Derek (bigd555)
lol. Just post a pic with your username censored out if you ain't a scammer.
bitstarter

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 02:13:58 AM

but I will be one day (God willing).

muslim ?

what language(s) you program in ?

^^this^^  Grin

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com
bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 11:40:36 PM

umm christian, non-denominational christian to be exact. Also I know that from coding bots for the game I mentioned above that it is super easy to track down accounts just by what they have on their acc, the fact that not many if any have exactly the same bitcoins on their account and the money in their account as I do, and that is clearly displayed and it would be useless if I mark out all the info they could track me on.
bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 04:21:11 PM

I don't like being on the third page....

But I can program in Delphi / Pascal, python, C# and C++, Visual Basic and .net, Java, OpenGL, HTML and most variants of HTML, mysql DB,  javascript, CSS and its variants and flash. Some that I have listed I know enough to code well enough but I still have to look up some protocols and such such as VB , OpenGL , MySQL, and Flash....
notme
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 04:30:00 PM

But I can program in Delphi / Pascal, python, C# and C++, Visual Basic and .net, Java, OpenGL, HTML and most variants of HTML, mysql DB,  javascript, CSS and its variants and flash. Some that I have listed I know enough to code well enough but I still have to look up some protocols and such such as VB , OpenGL , MySQL, and Flash....

Get in line man... Delphi and Pascal are the only ones not on my list.  There are hundreds of other programmers in this community, and nobody ever gets work by advertising here.  Occasionally, there are job offers you can apply for if you keep a look out, but the market is saturated on our side.

You'd have much better luck with www.elance.com.  Mention bitcoin as an accepted payment method in your proposals.  Most will ignore it and just pay you in USD, but my hope is to raise awareness and eventually someone will take me up on my offer to work for less bitcoin (elance fees are 6-8% from each side, so it is less for them and about the same for me).

bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 05:00:12 PM

But I can program in Delphi / Pascal, python, C# and C++, Visual Basic and .net, Java, OpenGL, HTML and most variants of HTML, mysql DB,  javascript, CSS and its variants and flash. Some that I have listed I know enough to code well enough but I still have to look up some protocols and such such as VB , OpenGL , MySQL, and Flash....

Get in line man... Delphi and Pascal are the only ones not on my list.  There are hundreds of other programmers in this community, and nobody ever gets work by advertising here.  Occasionally, there are job offers you can apply for if you keep a look out, but the market is saturated on our side.

You'd have much better luck with www.elance.com.  Mention bitcoin as an accepted payment method in your proposals.  Most will ignore it and just pay you in USD, but my hope is to raise awareness and eventually someone will take me up on my offer to work for less bitcoin (elance fees are 6-8% from each side, so it is less for them and about the same for me).

Im not looking to do projects for others... I am looking to just mull around here and see if anything of use needs/can be coded and I will do it and give them away. I am looking to just sell my mtgox bot to 5-10 ppl so I can get respect and some posts about me so I can get on peoples good sides and so people know my programs aren't for stealing your wallet or keylogging or anything other malicious.

Respect is all I am looking for and if people want to donate me some bitcoins that would be great. I need some more bitcoins to get more cash by using my bot to do some short selling on mtgox Smiley
notme
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 05:09:55 PM

Im not looking to do projects for others... I am looking to just mull around here and see if anything of use needs/can be coded and I will do it and give them away. I am looking to just sell my mtgox bot to 5-10 ppl so I can get respect and some posts about me so I can get on peoples good sides and so people know my programs aren't for stealing your wallet or keylogging or anything other malicious.

Respect is all I am looking for and if people want to donate me some bitcoins that would be great. I need some more bitcoins to get more cash by using my bot to do some short selling on mtgox Smiley

If respect is what you're looking for, quit trying to hustle.  Contribute to one of the many open-source projects surrounding bitcoin, or start your own in an area you see a need for improvement.  "Pay me so you can trust me" is not going to get you anywhere.

amexpay

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:58:01 AM

i could use a bot too
Aaron Abramson

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:42:54 PM

Really?

Hmmm
we need to spend 4 hours here somehow )))
nextnet

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:53:32 PM

Welcome!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: