Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 04:34:27 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We test 4.50 do we hold or go lower?  (Read 1623 times)
dopamine
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 471



View Profile
March 22, 2012, 09:37:49 PM
 #1

I saw the buying volume reached a top when it hit 4.90, sitting on cash now and waiting to see if 4.50 holds or we go lower, I say we go lower because people might be over leverage and bringing the price down to new lows...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
1481430867
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481430867

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481430867
Reply with quote  #2

1481430867
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1481430867
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481430867

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481430867
Reply with quote  #2

1481430867
Report to moderator
1481430867
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481430867

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481430867
Reply with quote  #2

1481430867
Report to moderator
SkRRJyTC
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 966


View Profile
March 22, 2012, 09:40:04 PM
 #2

I saw the buying volume reached a top when it hit 4.90, sitting on cash now and waiting to see if 4.50 holds or we go lower, I say we go lower because people might be over leverage and bringing the price down to new lows...

We test $4.00 do we hold or go lower?
M4v3R
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 607



View Profile
March 22, 2012, 09:41:15 PM
 #3

If people were stupid enough to (over)leverage longs at 4.8 - 5.0 then we could see a massive force liquidation spike down while approaching 4.50. And a chain reaction of these to... who knows?
Sergey (imcex.com)
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 22


View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 09:43:31 PM
 #4

We test $4.00 do we hold or go lower?
No reason to go away from $4-5 range unless someone big enters the game.

Join IMCEX.COM - Secure Bitcoin Exchange. (https://imcex.com)
dopamine
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 471



View Profile
March 22, 2012, 09:49:06 PM
 #5

I'm sure any real trader that is using technical analysis and trends is waiting... And its not even the weekend yet...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
fcmatt
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1106


View Profile
March 22, 2012, 10:04:47 PM
 #6

I was short before the drop happened and got out a bit too early. But even a small profit is
better then nothing. I have switched to going long.

So far I have done pretty poorly overall with my play money. Two poor decisions easily wipes out
several smaller good decisions which puts me in the red.

Lately I have been very impressed with BTC's resiliency to bounce back and forth to the 4.85 level.
I am hoping this weekend will be a buying opportunity for many as well that I notice there seems to
be a good level of buying in the evening Eastern time. So many large players have liquidated lately
they must be rolling in USD. The rest who have large amount of BTC may be the more patient type
and simply hold them long term.

just my two cents..
guruvan
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 518

ShastaFarEye Prospectors mazaclub & mazacha.in


View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 12:44:48 AM
 #7

If the support at ~4.50 doesn't hold, it's a long way down from there. It did bounce pretty well and hold today.



Mine at the Maza Club! with ShastaFarEye Prospectors! Mazacoin PPS & P2pool mining, and more services coming soon!
Maza Means Money! Check yours at the mazacha.in!

Please contact me  on my  OTC registered GPG (A54E87F2) Key's email address or guruvan@shastafareye.net  and encrypt all correspondence.
alan2here
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 331


View Profile
March 23, 2012, 01:14:43 AM
 #8

Down to where and how do you know?
Electricbees
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 322


We are bees, and we hate you.


View Profile
March 23, 2012, 01:41:12 AM
 #9

Back down to $.01 we go!  Cool

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
guruvan
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 518

ShastaFarEye Prospectors mazaclub & mazacha.in


View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 02:36:54 AM
 #10

Down to where? Between $4 & $4.25 is where I see the support. If we drop below $4.5 a trading range of $4 - $4.2 is what I'd expect.

I don't have the means to annotate a chart now, but if you look at the 2mo chart you can see that there are no previous lows between $4.5 and $4.2 (or so, bitcoincharts are a little squashed on my screens) With nothing between here and there, if we drop below that $4.50 mark, it's highly likely that we'll go down to where the previous support was. $4.50 represents both a chart support, and a mental support line. People like nice round numbers.

The risk here is that people, long, on the verge of overleverage, having just lost on the drop from $5.2 or $4.9 go even longer, and we see some volatility, resulting in another liquidity squeeze, accentuated by those who are long, and get stopped out. I'm guessing that most sane stops are just below $4.5 (to avoid getting stopped out on a momentary spike) and if we hit those, we have a long way south.

We didn't quite hit the same bottom we hit the other day, and we didn't sink below the magic mental stop of $4.50, which makes this seem less likely. I think people have a lot of balls to short wher we are today, without that confirmation of Price Action south of $4.50.

Once nice thing about week-apart up & down side liquidity squeezes is that some of those walls are broken down, and more fluid, and some people are sidelined. IMO, this could increase the intra-weekly trading range that we seem to be stuck in so much.






Mine at the Maza Club! with ShastaFarEye Prospectors! Mazacoin PPS & P2pool mining, and more services coming soon!
Maza Means Money! Check yours at the mazacha.in!

Please contact me  on my  OTC registered GPG (A54E87F2) Key's email address or guruvan@shastafareye.net  and encrypt all correspondence.
ElectricMucus
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1540


Drama Junkie


View Profile
March 23, 2012, 07:45:25 PM
 #11

I can see it go down to 4.20 again before we continue the upwards movements.

Oh, and hello imitator  Cool

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they keep laughing, then they start choking on their laughter, and then they go and catch their breath. Then they start laughing even more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!