Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining pool support for p2sh... payouts  (Read 1294 times)
Peter Todd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1150

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 07:15:24 PM

So after all that heated debate about p2sh in the first place, what's support on mining pools like for p2sh payouts? Deepbit actually seems to work just fine, eligius I'm not sure, my miner connects fine but the stats on the website are all broken. What about other pools?

FWIW I was just playing around with p2sh addresses on a whole lot of things. For those who haven't seen one, they look like this: 3FArYwLzPwRBbh1yN3Fx6tBZ5rZBPdaMPt the difference being the 3 at the start. A lot of software out there seems to choke; I messed around for a bit asking various websites to make payouts and I'd guess support was about 50:50. Blockchain.info and blockexplorer both can't recognize them, showing up as "Unable to decode output address" and trying to search for a transaction with such an address in it fails, and using such an address as an input to a transaction to, say, bitlotto or satoshidice, is apparently rather ill-advised...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kinlo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 11:08:00 AM

So after all that heated debate about p2sh in the first place, what's support on mining pools like for p2sh payouts? Deepbit actually seems to work just fine, eligius I'm not sure, my miner connects fine but the stats on the website are all broken. What about other pools?

I've checked my pool: www.triplemining.com should accept those addresses, everything should work fine.

I think the main thing to do is not to attempt to validate the payout addresses yourself.   The bitcoin daemon has a function called "validateaddress" which verifies whether an address is correct, and this is the only way your software should validate addresses.  Our software does it that way....
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 06:01:39 PM

FWIW I was just playing around with p2sh addresses on a whole lot of things. For those who haven't seen one, they look like this: 3FArYwLzPwRBbh1yN3Fx6tBZ5rZBPdaMPt the difference being the 3 at the start. A lot of software out there seems to choke; I messed around for a bit asking various websites to make payouts and I'd guess support was about 50:50. Blockchain.info and blockexplorer both can't recognize them, showing up as "Unable to decode output address" and trying to search for a transaction with such an address in it fails, and using such an address as an input to a transaction to, say, bitlotto or satoshidice, is apparently rather ill-advised...

BTC Guild appears to have no problem validating and sending transactions to p2sh addresses.  I just sent 0.01 to 3FArYwLzPwRBbh1yN3Fx6tBZ5rZBPdaMPt as a test and the transaction is in queue waiting for confirmations.

UPDATE:  Transaction has been confirmed and is part of the blockchain.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: