Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:09:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium added BTC order option for Entropy on Indiegogo  (Read 1175 times)
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 06:06:11 PM

Crosspost from Reddit:

Mycelium has been running the Indiegogo fundraiser for the Entropy device for a few weeks now, and we were really trying to avoid something like preorders (this was more of a fundraiser to see if there is enough market demand), and using BTC (due to issues others have had where the price of BTC skyrocketed while devices were delayed).

However, we have received tons of requests from people wanting to support us using bitcoin, so we gave in and added bitcoin links to our Indiegogo site. I have also included them here directly for convenience:

* $15 - Get a Mycelium t-shirt
* $40 - Get a Mycelium Entropy device
* $50 - Get a Mycelium Entropy device, and a t-shirt

We were overwhelmed by the success of our Indiegogo campaign. We set modest goals, to be sure to reach them and start producing, but we still need help and support to get these devices made. We will absolutely make sure that this project succeeds, and are even willing to use our own personal funds to get this project done, but anything extra we can get will help us a lot. We are still on target to start shipping by October. Since Indiegogo sends you the money as soon as you hit the goal, instead of at the end of the campaign (like Kickstarter), we have already transferred the money to our European bank account, and are in the process of negotiating the manufacturing order.

In other Mycelium news:

Mycelium will be at the Cryptolina conference in Raleigh, NC this weekend, August 15-16th, where I will be demonstrating our Mycelium Entropy device live, and **showing off the new BIP32/HD wallet feature in our Mycelium Wallet.** For those who don't know, this will allow you to back up all your bitcoin addresses using only one key (as opposed to making a separate backup for each address), and will make the wallet use a different change address for every transaction, greatly improving security and anonymity. This should also make managing addresses easier, and will allow us to implement CoinJoin for greatly improved anonymity (what DarkWallet uses) and make implementing the BIP70 Merchant Payment Protocol possible (which will make paying for things much easier, resolve some issues with who pays the fees, and help make 0-conf transactions more secure). We are getting really close to finishing it, and I for one am very excited.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:43:19 PM

Liking the roadmap!
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:55:11 PM

thanks for the update.... I love your wallet and products and will continue to invest in you and your efforts.

testconpastas2

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:58:56 PM

Mycelium will be at the Cryptolina conference in Raleigh, NC this weekend, August 15-16th, where I will be demonstrating our Mycelium Entropy device live, and **showing off the new BIP32/HD wallet feature in our Mycelium Wallet.** For those who don't know, this will allow you to back up all your bitcoin addresses using only one key (as opposed to making a separate backup for each address), and will make the wallet use a different change address for every transaction, greatly improving security and anonymity. This should also make managing addresses easier, and will allow us to implement CoinJoin for greatly improved anonymity (what DarkWallet uses) and make implementing the BIP70 Merchant Payment Protocol possible (which will make paying for things much easier, resolve some issues with who pays the fees, and help make 0-conf transactions more secure). We are getting really close to finishing it, and I for one am very excited.

Add trezor support and I will marry you Cheesy

Bitmessage: BM-2DAetLWJBKWHZoPbNCgg5z8jwaPpDYWwd4
gpg key id:C6EF5CE3
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:13:57 AM

Our HD wallet is Trezor compatible, meaning if you lose your Trezor, you can import your backup seed into Mycelium and recover your money.
testconpastas2

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:55:16 AM

Our HD wallet is Trezor compatible, meaning if you lose your Trezor, you can import your backup seed into Mycelium and recover your money.

Not bad, not bad. But  you'll need to allow the ability of trezor signing mycellium's transactions.  This way mycellium turns into a cold wallet (not keeping private keys) when using with trezor.

Keep working in the best android wallet out there. Thank you.

Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:20:53 AM

Not bad, not bad. But  you'll need to allow the ability of trezor signing mycellium's transactions.  This way mycellium turns into a cold wallet (not keeping private keys) when using with trezor.

That's technically possible, but would require you to root your phone, since our app would have to load the USB device drivers to make your phone into a master device that you plug things into, instead of it being a slave device that you plug into other things. Our long-term goal is to make Mycelium is as secure as Trezor though.
testconpastas2

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:11:14 AM

Not bad, not bad. But  you'll need to allow the ability of trezor signing mycellium's transactions.  This way mycellium turns into a cold wallet (not keeping private keys) when using with trezor.

That's technically possible, but would require you to root your phone, since our app would have to load the USB device drivers to make your phone into a master device that you plug things into, instead of it being a slave device that you plug into other things. Our long-term goal is to make Mycelium is as secure as Trezor though.

I have it rooted, and IMHO besides mycellium is a terrific android wallet, it never will be as secure as a trezor. Externals to mycellium bugs, (as android random number generator, or others added by 3letters agencies) could expose private keys.  A cold wallet always  be securer than a hot one  (if your priv key is not there it cannot be exposed or stolen).

except you are planning your own cold wallet (kind of bither...) which you could install in a offline PC  (the "cold" mycellium who signs tx)  and use the online mycelliun as a only watch wallet to send unsigned tx to the cold one) ¿Do you have any secret roadmap to share???  Grin Grin

Best Regards

Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 01:26:06 PM

I have it rooted, and IMHO besides mycellium is a terrific android wallet, it never will be as secure as a trezor. Externals to mycellium bugs, (as android random number generator, or others added by 3letters agencies) could expose private keys.  A cold wallet always  be securer than a hot one  (if your priv key is not there it cannot be exposed or stolen).

You know how you hook up your secure Trezor to an insecure PC, and they keys are still safe? ARM processors in all new Android devices have something called a TrustZone, which is a portion of a CPU, memory, input, and screen processor where you can run things completely separated from the rest of Android, in the same way that a Trezor runs separate from the PC it's plugged into. Making Mycelium Wallet use TrustZone to store its private keys and do the signing will make it as secure as a Trezor. We could probably do our RNG for private keys in there too (or use Entropy as a seed). Only barrier to it now is that, although ARM came out with it, no one bothered to write drivers for it, and by default it is disabled in Android. There is a company that is working on getting drivers and software modules for it, but they likely won't be done for a long while. If they do get it done, we will very likely implement it in our wallet, and then can be just as good as Trezor.

except you are planning your own cold wallet (kind of bither...) which you could install in a offline PC  (the "cold" mycellium who signs tx)  and use the online mycelliun as a only watch wallet to send unsigned tx to the cold one) ¿Do you have any secret roadmap to share???  Grin Grin

With HD wallet implementation that's possible, but I think we'll be focusing on finishing HD, adding CoinJoin, and then things like BIP70 and another very huge project after that, so I don't know if we'll have time...
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:54:42 PM

but I think we'll be focusing on finishing HD, adding CoinJoin, and then things like BIP70 and another very huge project

If that's meant to be a chronological roadmap, it's nice to see CoinJoin near the top Wink.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: