Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:27:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The end is coming.  (Read 3642 times)
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:17:15 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 09:31:05 PM by Wandererfromthenorth

Litecoin has a solid userbase from old school crypto enthusiasts.
Yet it falls without rebounding, and the only little bounces we seem to be only short squeezes from margin trading.
How can you explain that?
Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:35:12 PM

Litecoin has a solid userbase from old school crypto enthusiasts.
Yet it falls without rebounding, and the only little bounces we seem to be only short squeezes from margin trading.
How can you explain that?

Speculative money is moving out.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:04:03 AM

The only alt that might have a chance of surviving long term is an anonymous one, and only if it has either practical use or is as good a store of value as bitcoin.

I disagree here, because any completely anonymous coin is going to be crippled by regulation, which will hinder mass adoption.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:16:59 AM

The only alt that might have a chance of surviving long term is an anonymous one, and only if it has either practical use or is as good a store of value as bitcoin.

I disagree here, because any completely anonymous coin is going to be crippled by regulation, which will hinder mass adoption.
Anonymous money can't be regulated. That's the point of it all. And mass adoption is in no way necessary.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:55:22 AM

Anonymous money can't be regulated. That's the point of it all. And mass adoption is in no way necessary.

anyway anonymous coins are not very necessary.. i have never need such a coin in all my time i have been with cryptos.. and even if i need that i could use a mixer.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:21:09 AM

anyway anonymous coins are not very necessary.. i have never need such a coin in all my time i have been with cryptos.. and even if i need that i could use a mixer.
But alot of people DO need such a coin.
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:26:55 AM

Of course this isn't the end, there have been many more serious crashes over the past few years.  The real question is what Bitcoin gets the regular Joe beyond a simple credit card, Google Wallet, Paypal, etc.  Bitcoin is definitely Libertarian geek orgasm territory, and that's great, but it will take much more than that to be anything but a curiosity.  Most people like the comfort of knowing that, within reason, if they are the victim of fraudulent credit card transactions or banking withdrawals, they will be fully reimbursed.  With Bitcoin, at this point, you'd better have damn good personal security protocols in place or else you'll be flat broke.  The primary thing Bitcoin has going for it is that its future is only limited by the creativity of developers (and unfortunately, the whims of regulators).  If developers can turn Bitcoin (or whatever crypto reins supreme) into something everyone must have, speculators will be handsomely rewarded.  Me, I'm skeptical.  If it's something the powers that be cannot control, the technology will be marginalized and made irrelevant.  In the meantime, it will remain a great way to pile up USD/gold/real estate/whatever as newbies enter the market.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:48:02 AM

Of course this isn't the end, there have been many more serious crashes over the past few years.  The real question is what Bitcoin gets the regular Joe beyond a simple credit card, Google Wallet, Paypal, etc.  Bitcoin is definitely Libertarian geek orgasm territory, and that's great, but it will take much more than that to be anything but a curiosity.  Most people like the comfort of knowing that, within reason, if they are the victim of fraudulent credit card transactions or banking withdrawals, they will be fully reimbursed.  With Bitcoin, at this point, you'd better have damn good personal security protocols in place or else you'll be flat broke.  The primary thing Bitcoin has going for it is that its future is only limited by the creativity of developers (and unfortunately, the whims of regulators).  If developers can turn Bitcoin (or whatever crypto reins supreme) into something everyone must have, speculators will be handsomely rewarded.  Me, I'm skeptical.  If it's something the powers that be cannot control, the technology will be marginalized and made irrelevant.  In the meantime, it will remain a great way to pile up USD/gold/real estate/whatever as newbies enter the market.

You make valid points but the viewpoint you comment from seems pretty myopic.  You make it sound like the planet has regulation or specific must haves. But in truth the different parts of the world have different regulations and different problems that need solutions. Bitcoin protocol allows developments to proceed on many layers across many cultures and countries. Bitcoin does not have to be universally accepted to be very disruptive.
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:08:07 AM

the only end that is coming is the end of bullshit government paper money.
its only a matter of time until the misallocation of capital from all the arbitrary money printing brings the economy down, causing yet another QE panic printing and hyperinflation.
after which only gold and bitcoin will be money and nothing else.
Word

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:32:59 AM

Its not necessary if you are just using it as a means of exchange. If you are hoping for the price to go way up, that won't happen because that would require infrastructure and mass adoption which would be stonewalled by regulators.  In the government's eyes, the only reason someone would want an anonymous currency, is if they have something to hide or are breaking the law. Sad but true.
kerafym

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:51:28 AM

Its not necessary if you are just using it as a means of exchange. If you are hoping for the price to go way up, that won't happen because that would require infrastructure and mass adoption which would be stonewalled by regulators.  In the government's eyes, the only reason someone would want an anonymous currency, is if they have something to hide or are breaking the law. Sad but true.

There is no technology in existence that can guarantee anonymous. If you do doggy thing and grow so large that it attract attention, you will get busted.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:48:32 AM

Bitcoin is first and foremost an efficient and secure store of value and means to easily transfer that value.  Everything else you mentioned is just trivial bells and whistles at best.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:04:59 AM

It is no end, it is only a correction after the altcoin bubble frenzy that started last year.

I would wait the end of the year to make end of the crypto world calls, because most people have some kind of religious believe that bitcoin price will grow year after year
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:44:49 AM

Bitcoin is first and foremost an efficient and secure store of value and means to easily transfer that value.  Everything else you mentioned is just trivial bells and whistles at best.

Incorrect!  Bitcoin is a securely shared ledger.  That's it.  You place value on those ledger entries.
WillyBTC

Activity: 312

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:51:22 AM

Incorrect!  Bitcoin is a securely shared ledger.  That's it.  You place value on those ledger entries.

Yeah, I'd say it's very premature to call bitcoin a "secure store of value".... but certainly the protocol could be very valuable -- the question is, for the bitcoin network? Or for some other use? Time will tell. Cheesy
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:40:06 AM

Just as I expected. Lets compare coins with their respective aths.
Btc 560 - 1200 dollar
Ppc 0,7 - >10 dollar.    LOOOOL
NMC 1,3 - 16 dollar
Ltc 4 - 47 dollar

We need to realize that the dumpings will continue. BTV will survive but it seems altcoins are losing the battle.
Lol at PPC specifically. It will get to 0,0 soon.

Yeah......the ultimate fate of the shitcoins was always pretty obvious but the way Litecoin is going is surprising me. It just seemed somehow to be the natural order of things that Litecoin would be #2 to Bitcoin, but it seems that there is only Bitcoin. Litecoin is just another shit-coin with zero practical uptake.

I don`t think so, i still think it will be number 2 don`t understand why it is going so down

Yeah, number 2 it is exactly. Number 2 has to go down Smiley

i am satoshi
trader001

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:09:52 AM

The end is already here for those who own alt coin.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:07:27 AM

Just as I expected. Lets compare coins with their respective aths.
Btc 560 - 1200 dollar
Ppc 0,7 - >10 dollar.    LOOOOL
NMC 1,3 - 16 dollar
Ltc 4 - 47 dollar

We need to realize that the dumpings will continue. BTV will survive but it seems altcoins are losing the battle.
Lol at PPC specifically. It will get to 0,0 soon.

Yeah......the ultimate fate of the shitcoins was always pretty obvious but the way Litecoin is going is surprising me. It just seemed somehow to be the natural order of things that Litecoin would be #2 to Bitcoin, but it seems that there is only Bitcoin. Litecoin is just another shit-coin with zero practical uptake.

I don`t think so, i still think it will be number 2 don`t understand why it is going so down
It is nr.2, but will not stay there for long
Ivica

Activity: 218

Firstbits: 19e3fc

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:55:31 PM

The end is nigh.

19e3fcoLTu8YVFAU1NywJ88YnHH5kF8ScP - donations are welcome.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:57:58 PM

On every drop the same threads. Trolls.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: