Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin related domain names market flooded  (Read 1692 times)
BTCevo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:02:00 PM

I would like to point out how many bitcoin related domains are going up for sale or auction every day in the market section of this forum, and how nearly all of them are not selling at all, with no replies at all!

I wonder if these domains that everyone has rushed to register are actually worth anything because of the amount of them up for sale?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:08:08 PM

I would like to point out how many bitcoin related domains are going up for sale or auction every day in the market section of this forum, and how nearly all of them are not selling at all, with no replies at all!

I wonder if these domains that everyone has rushed to register are actually worth anything because of the amount of them up for sale?
It depends on the future.. in the early days of internet some guy register sex.com ... now it's worth a lot. At the time of buying, he would have sold maybe at a very low price.. so only time will tell in this case. All it needs is one buyer willing to buy it  Smiley

DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:04:48 PM

btc.com was sold for over 1M dollars.

As more people get into bitcoin, the price of a good domain name will keep going up. Same mentality of those hoarding coin and refusing to sell now.

BTCevo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:12:49 AM

As more people get into bitcoin, the price of a good domain name will keep going up. Same mentality of those hoarding coin and refusing to sell now.

My point being that people are trying to sell, but no ones buying, and look at all the altcoins dying, and look at the bitcoin price lately, not much movement and doesn't look like it will go to the price it was at in November any time soon, wish it weren't so but I think people are losing interest in crypto from all the scamming and hacking, volitility then lack of activity..
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:12:37 AM

btc.com was sold for over 1M dollars. And so every cyber-squatter wants to cash out for millions.  Cheesy
transient858

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:18:59 AM

My point being that people are trying to sell, but no ones buying, and look at all the altcoins dying, and look at the bitcoin price lately, not much movement and doesn't look like it will go to the price it was at in November any time soon, wish it weren't so but I think people are losing interest in crypto from all the scamming and hacking, volitility then lack of activity..

Have to be insane to give into seller demand to pay at ridiculous price.

Why would a good domain name worth more  than a few hundred/thousand dollars?
Skoupi

Activity: 252

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:21:30 AM

That's one of the best bitcoin related domains out there. And it didn't even make it to this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_domain_names  Tongue Tongue
QuarantinedMoon

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:11:08 AM

Some specific companies such as BitcoinDN.com CryptoNames.com SatoshiNames.com all have strong portfolios more or less and there are others too which are less active on BTCtalk. The problem is most people see all the other posts, think anyone can do it and then register crappy domain names. They don't sell and then stop doing it... but the virus has already spread because 2 other get rich quick thinkers have purchased 2 more crappy domains each and the process continues...

lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:24:37 AM

btc.com was sold for over 1M dollars. And so every cyber-squatter wants to cash out for millions.  Cheesy
Definitely! If no buyers are willing to buy, the domain name is worth nothing. If you consider to invest in it, there are some important criterias.
  Be short, meaningful for future business or technology, easy to remember!

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:04:03 PM

That's one of the best bitcoin related domains out there. And it didn't even make it to this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_domain_names  Tongue Tongue

We are still in the early adopter stage.
Can't be compared to sex.com.  Grin
validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:37:51 PM

The true premium bitcoin related domains are already gone, now most of the ones being sold in that section are shi**y.

Thats why most wont sell for anything more than 50$-100$.

QuarantinedMoon

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:29:36 AM

The true premium bitcoin related domains are already gone, now most of the ones being sold in that section are shi**y.

Even so the new TLDs and some domains are still out there which are good... stuff like Bitcoin.guru, Bitcoin.TLD have potential... although unproven on Google, seems like they at least could have some purpose.
BTCevo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:51:16 AM

Even so the new TLDs and some domains are still out there which are good... stuff like Bitcoin.guru, Bitcoin.TLD have potential... although unproven on Google, seems like they at least could have some purpose.

What do you guys think of buybtc.eu?
Fray

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:54:49 AM

Probably not. As you can see from the flood of domain names available for sale, you can make a near unlimited number of domains that have "something" to do with bitcoin, plus the fact that there is a large amount of suffixes that you can use (.com, .org, .in, .co, .ceo, ect) makes the possibilities even larger. If you have a good business idea, you can likely think of a "good" name that could be associated with a domain that is not yet registered.
validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:16:45 AM

What do you guys think of buybtc.eu?

IMO its an average one i probably wouldn't spend more than 150$ on it , but who knows it might be worth alot in the next couple of months.

Mieehayii

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:00:58 AM

In fact, the real value domain is few

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
QuarantinedMoon

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:47:39 AM

buybtc.eu is not worth much because the .eu domain in my opinion. BuyBTC.com has value, and I'm not saying BuyBTC.eu has no value at all, if developed it could be a decent site, but part of the issue is in the extension...

consider that eu ie Europe speaks many different primary languages and in many BTC is not used like it is in English... for both those reasons you're struggling to pull in customers with the domain in a multi-tongued region
BTCevo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:56:47 AM

buybtc.eu is not worth much because the .eu domain in my opinion. BuyBTC.com has value, and I'm not saying BuyBTC.eu has no value at all, if developed it could be a decent site, but part of the issue is in the extension...

consider that eu ie Europe speaks many different primary languages and in many BTC is not used like it is in English... for both those reasons you're struggling to pull in customers with the domain in a multi-tongued region

Most europeans know english, its taught in schools in almost every european country apart from the more eastern ones.. and there's your ticket, have a language selector to sell to all those rich europeans Smiley I'd say the German and French markets are worth a fortune!
QuarantinedMoon

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:00:45 AM

Most europeans know english, its taught in schools in almost every european country apart from the more eastern ones.. and there's your ticket, have a language selector to sell to all those rich europeans Smiley I'd say the German and French markets are worth a fortune!

Thats a big generalisation on a number of levels. Not many Europeans search online in English and not that many speak English fluently... Germans and Nordic countries do but Southern Europe and France don't necessarily, nor Eastern Europe. Europeans aren't necessarily rich either... the domain isn't strong. It'd be better to have Buy(in Foreign language)Bitcoin.foreign-TLD
BTCevo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:08:13 AM

Thats a big generalisation on a number of levels. Not many Europeans search online in English and not that many speak English fluently... Germans and Nordic countries do but Southern Europe and France don't necessarily, nor Eastern Europe. Europeans aren't necessarily rich either... the domain isn't strong. It'd be better to have Buy(in Foreign language)Bitcoin.foreign-TLD

The English speaking european market shouldn't be ignored though in fairness, besides all other tld's with "buybtc" are registered, therefore you cannot register your own "buybtc" domain anymore, that has to be worth something?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: