1. Do I need to allow the blockchain to fully download before replacing the wallet.dat file?
2. Why do I get the system runtime error when replacing the new wallet.dat file with my old wallet.dat file
3. Since the blockchain never finished downloading before the crash am I shit out of luck and lost my bitcoin?
4. If I cannot recover this is there anyway I can view the private keys in my wallet.dat file? Like is there a program that unencrypts the file??
Please help. I really hope I am not out 275.00 bucks. I really needed that money.
1. Just make sure Bitcoin is not running
2. Post the whole error message
3. No the coins went to the address no matter what blocks you downloaded
4. You should be able to
Just make sure to back up the wallet!!!
If you have corrupted files you may have to delete all the Bitcoin files. Then re-install. Just make sure to back up the wallet!
After you install it, copy the wallet into the right directory and then run Bitcoin.