Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:53:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 523 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientific proof that God exists?  (Read 845431 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:21:17 PM

If I tell you that I had seen a God, a new one that is different from anything else? Would you believe me now? No.
This is actually a very interesting point. Anyone can create a god. Proof it doesn't exist? No, can't? Well it must exist then.

And this new god exists no more or no less than any other god. The only difference is the age and the number of followers.

This is what I'm trying to say.
How can you disapprove my God now? Have I not seen one because it's year 2014 and I'm on the internet?
Theoretically we would have a new God that is only a day old and has 1 follower for now. I could spread it, would it mean that it is more true if more people followed me?
In this scenario any random person could have a God and it might be the same God as everyone else's, but doesn't have to be.
Now let's fast forward 2000 years from now. LaudaM and this forum has long long been lost in time. People still follow this god, someone (author unknown) even wrote a book, unfortunately over the years bits have been removed, changed and added. Stick in a few miracles to jazz it up a bit.

Strangely more people would be more willing to believe this god than they do now. It's as if obscurity and time gives it more genuineness.

So is that a yes or a no?

If I tell you that I had seen a God, a new one that is different from anything else? Would you believe me now? No.
This is actually a very interesting point. Anyone can create a god. Proof it doesn't exist? No, can't? Well it must exist then.

And this new god exists no more or no less than any other god.

You answered yourself when answering LaudaM. If I answered you, you wouldn't believe me. And if I asked you, you wouldn't answer any better than you did LaudaM.

Smiley
Your talking in riddles now. Just a plain yes or no will suffice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
androz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:26:37 PM

i haven't read all thread, but i have an easy question: why a perfect entity had the urge to create men?

honestly i have a bunch of simple questions since my childhood that never got a satisfing answers; maybe someone here could shake my opinions ...

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:37:00 PM

I really doubt there is any scientific proof to describe god existence.

Who need proofs about unicorn or flying spaghetti monster?

Calm down bro
Don't dare compare my existing god with the imaginary one from Christians' sick minds

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:21:51 AM

Very simple to proof anything here:

I can conclude that God, miracles, etc. exist.
There are, and what causes there is the faith of those who believe in them. It is a subjective concept, if you do not believe, so will not exist for you.

It is equal if we consider the bitcoin and any other asset, if not the faith, would be worthless or not exist.

Quotes an economics class:
There are three types of knowledge about the world:
Common sense;
science;
Philosophy.

These kinds of knowledge are considered because of criticism: they admit are flawed and can be changed at any time by anyone, from someone proves that his theory explains better.

Already religion, is not a kind of knowledge precisely because it is based on irrefutable truth of his book (whitepapper). Any knowledge - be it derived from common sense, science or philosophy - should accept criticism and change with time. The explanations of forms of knowledge are valid until better ones emerge. For common sense, science and philosophy, there are no absolute, incriticáveis ​​and immune to changing socio-historical conditions truths.
This does not mean that the mythic-religious explanations are useless or inferior. Many contemporary scientists have religious beliefs and bind in some way, the mystical worldviews. Every man, scientist or not, feel the deep need to relate to a deity, to a higher being.

So there is no way to relate science with religion. And not to proof. Smiley

EmbarrassedSorry the GoogleTranslator.

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:29:00 AM

i haven't read all thread, but i have an easy question: why a perfect entity had the urge to create men?

honestly i have a bunch of simple questions since my childhood that never got a satisfing answers; maybe someone here could shake my opinions ...

Several simple answers.

1. God wants companionship. He is great beyond understanding. He wants companionship that will match His greatness. That's why He made angels and people. The fact that there are different kinds of angels suggests that there might be a tremendously large number of different kinds of angels. We all have been created for His companionship.

2. God doesn't measure His value in gold. He can create all the gold he wants at any time he wants. Gold holds no value for Him. In fact, the whole universe holds no value for him. His value is in the glory he receives. He receives glory when people praise Him. People have been built with enough of Himself in them. They can recognize how GREAT and GOOD He is. Their recognition of such things, and their ultimate praise of Him, is like money in the bank of God. And God, Himself, praises people in certain ways, at certain times, for recognizing Him.

Think of how esteemed you feel when your friends or co-workers tell you that you did a good job with something that you did. It is similar with God. He did a good job at making this universe and people, and then offering them salvation when they failed. We should hold Him in highest esteem. GOD IS TREMENDOUSLY WONDERFUL AND GREAT!!! When we esteem Him, this is part of the glory He receives. It is as close to money in the bank that He can get.

3. God is so absolutely Great, that, if we can recognize His greatness, and praise Him, standing in awe of His Greatness, He will make things work out well for us, ultimately. For us to live and love God, and praise Him for the Greatness that He is, is better than not having existed at all. It is unfortunate that so many people are unwilling to recognize that He even exists. Such people have no use, either for themselves, or for God. If they will not turn and come to understand Him, they will have locked in their own destruction.

Consider how great that destruction will be. The fact that people have the ability to recognize how great God is, means that they are, themselves, in some ways as great as God. So the self destruction that people are bringing on themselves means that they are actually destroying some of that which is God-like. How do you destroy God? It would take a lot to destroy God. But that is virtually what people are doing to themselves when they push God out of their lives.

In the Revelation, there is a thing called the lake of fire, at the end-time of this universe. My take on it is that it will include, among other things, the dissolution of the whole universe, including the souls of the people and angels that don't accept Him. It will last forever - eternity to God is simply like another tool for Him to use. God will get His energy back, that He used to make the universe, everything in it, including the people and angels.

Fill yourself on God's Word, the Bible.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:27:11 AM

Several simple answers.

1. God wants companionship. He is great beyond understanding. He wants companionship that will match His greatness. That's why He made angels and people. The fact that there are different kinds of angels suggests that there might be a tremendously large number of different kinds of angels. We all have been created for His companionship.

2. God doesn't measure His value in gold. He can create all the gold he wants at any time he wants. Gold holds no value for Him. In fact, the whole universe holds no value for him. His value is in the glory he receives. He receives glory when people praise Him. People have been built with enough of Himself in them. They can recognize how GREAT and GOOD He is. Their recognition of such things, and their ultimate praise of Him, is like money in the bank of God. And God, Himself, praises people in certain ways, at certain times, for recognizing Him.

Think of how esteemed you feel when your friends or co-workers tell you that you did a good job with something that you did. It is similar with God. He did a good job at making this universe and people, and then offering them salvation when they failed. We should hold Him in highest esteem. GOD IS TREMENDOUSLY WONDERFUL AND GREAT!!! When we esteem Him, this is part of the glory He receives. It is as close to money in the bank that He can get.

3. God is so absolutely Great, that, if we can recognize His greatness, and praise Him, standing in awe of His Greatness, He will make things work out well for us, ultimately. For us to live and love God, and praise Him for the Greatness that He is, is better than not having existed at all. It is unfortunate that so many people are unwilling to recognize that He even exists. Such people have no use, either for themselves, or for God. If they will not turn and come to understand Him, they will have locked in their own destruction.

Consider how great that destruction will be. The fact that people have the ability to recognize how great God is, means that they are, themselves, in some ways as great as God. So the self destruction that people are bringing on themselves means that they are actually destroying some of that which is God-like. How do you destroy God? It would take a lot to destroy God. But that is virtually what people are doing to themselves when they push God out of their lives.

In the Revelation, there is a thing called the lake of fire, at the end-time of this universe. My take on it is that it will include, among other things, the dissolution of the whole universe, including the souls of the people and angels that don't accept Him. It will last forever - eternity to God is simply like another tool for Him to use. God will get His energy back, that He used to make the universe, everything in it, including the people and angels.

Fill yourself on God's Word, the Bible.

Smiley

Can we lay off the preaching. It annoying and pointless.
Also you didn't specify which god you was preaching about. Was it LaudaM's new one?

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:02:20 AM

Every man, scientist or not, feel the deep need to relate to a deity, to a higher being.
Lolwat
I love when people state facts based on not a single proof

My turn
Every man, scientist or not, knows that the real superior being is the Flying Spaghetti Monster and that other religions were created only to bring fear and shame to the mankind.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:09:23 AM

Several simple answers.
1. God wants companionship. He is great beyond understanding. He wants companionship that will match His greatness. That's why He made angels and people.
-snip
Think of how esteemed you feel when your friends or co-workers tell you that you did a good job with something that you did. It is similar with God.
3.  It is unfortunate that so many people are unwilling to recognize that He even exists.
Can we lay off the preaching. It annoying and pointless.
Also you didn't specify which god you was preaching about. Was it LaudaM's new one?

1) Prove to me that he did and that it wasn't part of the evolution. Did he make Unicorns too?  Roll Eyes
2) I don't feel esteemed because of that at all.
3) Prove to me that he exists and I'll acknowledge him.

Now are you talking about my God?
What if all these Gods up to now were fake, and I'm the first to discover the real one?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:46:45 AM

What if all these Gods up to now were fake, and I'm the first to discover the real one?
Does your god allow me to murder those infidels that believe in those fake ones?
If it doesn't, oh well, I'll just make it up as I go along and do it anyway. In the name of god.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:28:24 AM

Does your god allow me to murder those infidels that believe in those fake ones?
If it doesn't, oh well, I'll just make it up as I go along and do it anyway. In the name of god.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:41:20 AM

LOL, let's hope so. But I think we'll be disappointed. Cheesy

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 11:03:04 AM

Yes my God allows the murder of such people; he allows murder when the right reason is present. Why wouldn't he?
Many people do not deserve to live their lives.
Also he does not like it when you refer to him as 'god', 'God' is a must.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:05:32 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 04:56:42 PM by Cortex7

Yes my God allows the murder of such people; he allows murder when the right reason is present. Why wouldn't he?

oh noes murder!

think for yourself man, you have reduced yourself to cannon fodder, remember the "other side" thinks just the same.

Many people do not deserve to live their lives.

well you're a real bundle of fun aren't you! you already wrote:
I don't feel esteemed because of that at all.

sounds pretty esteemed to consider yourself more worthy of existence than others, so what is it? esteemed or not?

Also he does not like it when you refer to him as 'god', 'God' is a must.

in that case i will use lowercase AND a smaller font from now on to refer to your fictional god.

i hold no ill will toward you, i just think you should relax and represent yourself rather than some other persons ideas (illogical ones at that!).
thecast

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:41:49 PM

How can you prove something scientifically if it cannot be meassured?
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:51:43 PM

Simple:

just don't bother trying to measure it and then shout "it's real" at the person you are trying to "prove" it to!

of course for this to "work" you must recalibrate your own internal understanding of the word "scientific", or better yet; not have that understanding in the first place!

edit: non sarcastic answer: you can't!
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:47:31 PM

Simple:

just don't bother trying to measure it and then shout "it's real" at the person you are trying to "prove" it to!

of course for this to "work" you must recalibrate your own internal understanding of the word "scientific", or better yet; not have that understanding in the first place!

edit: non sarcastic answer: you can't!
A gift for you: http://commonsenseatheism.com/?p=2214
Good luck

Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:16:37 PM

So where is the evidence that you keep on about?
So far I havent seen anything.
Bodyparts connected to the right place is no evidence. Its called evolution.
Nature is no evidence. It can be explained thru biology
That people have written books and made up stories thru history. No evidence
So where is it?

Basically, the evidence is found in:
1. all the ways that nature proves that it is a highly complex and complicated machine;
2. that the only thing we see with regard to the machine of nature is a running-down, like a clock that is winding down, or a pendulum that is gradually swinging to its bottom-dead-center stop;
3. we have no evidence whatsoever of anything that could start such a thing as nature and the universe into the complexity that they are.

You don't need me to do your research for you.

Smiley

Sorry nothing of that is evidence. As I said itcan be explained thru evolution and biologi
A supreme being that creates universes is much more complex than anything in nature.
If a creature like that can pop up from nothing surley the universe can

You are mistaken about evolution, and the age of the universe as well. When you examine the evidences for evolution, you find:
1. evidence that can be interpreted in many different ways, some that do not indicate evolution at all;
2. basics that are rooted in disclaimers like "if" and "maybe;"
3. lots of hyped-up propagandizing that the story of evolution and the age of the universe is true;

when, in reality, none of it is sound science at all.

Smiley

You didn't answer where this complex creature that makes universes come from.
Nothing?
And since he must me far more complex than a universe, why cant a less complex thing like the universe come from the same thing?

You don't realize that we, who haven't even been able to discover and uncover the complexities of the universe, certainly have a long way to go to understand where He comes from? What does it mean to be "outside of the universe?" We can't think in that direction because everything we are revolves around the things of this universe.

Yes, He is far more complex than the universe. In fact, He is so different that the word "complex" doesn't really hold any meaning with regard to Him. We can't conceive of anything like what He is. The word "different" is, perhaps, billions, or trillions, of times too weak to express how different He is.

We might as well use the simple words of the Bible to see the description of God. We simply can't comprehend any more than that.

Smiley

So this overly complex thing exist forever with no explenation what so ever except a badly written book (Yes I have read it), but a simpler thing like a universe cant do the same?
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:53:53 PM

Let me help you with that. The microbial world is constantly trying to attack, parasitize, and kill you.

The moment your immune system fails, you die a slow and miserable death, with tremendous suffering. I worked in a hospital, I've seen it happen. People rot from the inside out, like corpses that are still alive. I'll spare you the details.

Some innocent children are born with a non-functional immune system, they begin to die immediately and must be kept in "bubbles" to exist at all.

If there is a god, he fucking hates us. I therefore choose to believe that there is no god.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:43:25 PM

Let me help you with that. The microbial world is constantly trying to attack, parasitize, and kill you.

The moment your immune system fails, you die a slow and miserable death, with tremendous suffering. I worked in a hospital, I've seen it happen. People rot from the inside out, like corpses that are still alive. I'll spare you the details.

Some innocent children are born with a non-functional immune system, they begin to die immediately and must be kept in "bubbles" to exist at all.

If there is a god, he fucking hates us. I therefore choose to believe that there is no god.

You are completely missing a whole lot of it.

God gives a certain amount of free will to men and angels.

It appears from Ezekiel 28 that before the Devil (a powerful, now-fallen angel) chose to fall, he was the one who was given authority to protect the earth, and particularly the first people.

The Devil used his free will to corrupt himself; he tempted Eve to go against God in the Garden.

Eve and Adam listened to the Devil, and used their free will to go against God.

Think how you feel when your teenage kids ask you for the car keys. You love them, and hope they will have a good time. You give them the keys and tell them to drive slow. They use their free will to disobey and drive fast. They get into an accident, total the car, wind up in the hospital. The damage was caused by their improper use of their free will. Their lives are forever changed. Yet, you still love them (even though you are angry with them), and you do everything that you can to see that they are healed.

God was angry, and still is in some ways. But He is, also, love. That is why we are finding cures for the DISEASES THAT WE ARE BRINGING ON OURSELVES BY NOT FOLLOWING GOD, OR BY TOTALLY DENYING HIM.

It ain't God's fault. It's ours. And we make it worse when we thrash out in anger against Him.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:50:53 PM

DISEASES THAT WE ARE BRINGING ON OURSELVES BY NOT FOLLOWING GOD, OR BY TOTALLY DENYING HIM.
The dark days of attracting more followers by the scaremongering methods are growing short.
You'll have to find another angle.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 523 »
  Print  

Jump to: