Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:21:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 523 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientific proof that God exists?  (Read 845414 times)
Farisr9k

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:24:20 PM

I believe in God. I don't think it is essential to have a Scientific proof that God exists.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1363

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:14:13 PM

LOL yep, that sums up religion well.

And, a good portion of what we call science, as well.  Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:28:22 PM

I believe in God. I don't think it is essential to have a Scientific proof that God exists.

Everything in science revolves around evidence. Many scientific "facts" have been proven wrong over the years, when other scientific facts proved them wrong.

We don't live in a vacuum. We don't simply pick a fictional thing to believe in, and then simply believe. Rather, we look at the evidence, and when the evidence is not sufficient to be proof, we either believe, or we don't believe. When the evidence becomes so overwhelmingly absolute, we stop believing, because there is proof. We no longer believe. Rather, we know.

This is why the religions almost always talk about faith. It has to do with something for which there is strong evidence. Yet the evidence isn't something that quite makes it to the area of proof.

This is the exact reason why scientific beliefs that old age earth is a fact, and that evolution is a fact, are really religious beliefs. There seems to be strong evidence for these scientific ideas. Yet there isn't enough evidence to make them facts. So, when we hold to them, it is by belief, faith that they are true. This kind of science is essentially religion.

What's interesting is, when you stand science next to God, God is much stronger from a religious point of view, at least regarding the age of the earth and where life comes from.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:43:13 PM

Everything in science revolves around evidence. Many scientific "facts" have been proven wrong over the years, when other scientific facts proved them wrong.

We don't live in a vacuum. We don't simply pick a fictional thing to believe in, and then simply believe. Rather, we look at the evidence, and when the evidence is not sufficient to be proof, we either believe, or we don't believe. When the evidence becomes so overwhelmingly absolute, we stop believing, because there is proof. We no longer believe. Rather, we know.

This is why the religions almost always talk about faith. It has to do with something for which there is strong evidence. Yet the evidence isn't something that quite makes it to the area of proof.

This is the exact reason why scientific beliefs that old age earth is a fact, and that evolution is a fact, are really religious beliefs. There seems to be strong evidence for these scientific ideas. Yet there isn't enough evidence to make them facts. So, when we hold to them, it is by belief, faith that they are true. This kind of science is essentially religion.

What's interesting is, when you stand science next to God, God is much stronger from a religious point of view, at least regarding the age of the earth and where life comes from.

Smiley

How does god make the Earth being 6000 years old a fact?
And please don't write 50 lines of anti-science stuff. Just show us the evidences.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:46:36 PM

Smiley

And please don't write 50 lines of anti-science stuff. Just show us the evidences.

I allways have to laugh when someones pulls the evolution card and says no-one has proved it till this date. That is such BS, look at virusses and bacteria, the moment they get introduced to a new Antibiotic, the EVOLVE to become immune, and the game continues, that is bulletproof evidence of evolution... Also the distinct changes in animals to adapt to the environment is proof, only less bulletproof Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:53:37 PM

Smiley

The evidence is/lies in the strength of the witnesses, whose strength lies in in the writings of Moses, whose credibility for at least using strong supernatural power is built around strong tradition of a whole nation of people who are very traditionally minded, and very precision-accurate when transcribing their religious books that contain their traditional-national beliefs, strongly holding that these traditions are true.

Fact is fact. Proof is something else. All we have, either in science or religion is evidence. If you examine the strength of tradition in the Jewish religion as a science, you will find that THAT evidence overcomes any we have in standard science.

Sorry about the many lines.

Smiley

EDIT: Decky is getting to me. I'm starting to have to erase the second period at the end of the sentences I write.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

I just could not resist to post this picture. I think you will find good analogy in it. After all it is worth more than 1000 words:

EDIT: Meh. This image is too small. And I can't find bigger version. Bear with it.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:57:28 PM

I allways have to laugh when someones pulls the evolution card and says no-one has proved it till this date. That is such BS, look at virusses and bacteria, the moment they get introduced to a new Antibiotic, the EVOLVE to become immune, and the game continues, that is bulletproof evidence of evolution... Also the distinct changes in animals to adapt to the environment is proof, only less bulletproof Smiley

That's because evolution theory essentially says that all this stuff is evolution, no matter what it might be. If it lives, it is evolution, or so says evolution theory. So, how can anyone rebut evolution theory except to say it is just wrong?

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:58:31 PM

This !!!   Cheesy

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:11:12 PM

Smiley

The evidence is/lies in the strength of the witnesses, whose strength lies in in the writings of Moses, whose credibility for at least using strong supernatural power is built around strong tradition of a whole nation of people who are very traditionally minded, and very precision-accurate when transcribing their religious books that contain their traditional-national beliefs, strongly holding that these traditions are true.

Fact is fact. Proof is something else. All we have, either in science or religion is evidence. If you examine the strength of tradition in the Jewish religion as a science, you will find that THAT evidence overcomes any we have in standard science.

Smiley

EDIT: Decky is getting to me. I'm starting to have to erase the second period at the end of the sentences I write.

You have faith in a book some people wrote thousands of years ago
I have faith in uranium datation

I don't get why you think the uranium results are wrong though

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:16:06 PM

That pic is stupid
Before any mountain appeared you could have drawn the same thing with "atoms -> xxx -> xxx -> mountains"
That doesn't mean someone actually built them

You can trust whatever you want, but this pic is meaningless

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:19:59 PM

Smiley

Smiley

You have faith in a book some people wrote thousands of years ago
I have faith in uranium datation

I don't get why you think the uranium results are wrong though

Again, it isn't only the Book. It's the tradition behind the Book, including the history and tradition of the people of Israel, the Jewish nation. And, there is more than that. There is my own personal spiritual evidence, in my heart.

Half-life dating can be wrong. We don't know that the laws of physics have remained the same over the millennia. See http://blog.ted.com/2013/03/19/the-debate-about-rupert-sheldrakes-talk/. The evidence is that physics changes regularly.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:21:06 PM

That pic is stupid
Before any mountain appeared you could have drawn the same thing with "atoms -> xxx -> xxx -> mountains"

Nor does the cartoon represent anyone building anything.  Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:24:36 PM

That pic is stupid

Nor does the cartoon represent anyone building anything.  Smiley

I'm starting to get it about you evolution believers. You don't care what the evidence is or is not. You can't give a logical explanation, so all you do is twist what is being said. That's politics. It is political science, and revolves around propaganda and lies.

Smiley

jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:32:20 PM

^^This is the basic premise of "evolution."

If you believe in the probability of life just coming into being from organic matter, or aboigenesis (which somehow has never happened again, hence the "LAW of Biogenesis" which states ALL life comes from life), then you should be playing the lottery EVERY SINGLE DAY and fully expecting to win.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:34:20 PM

i'd personally rather worry about questions like "am i psychotic" rather than "does god exist"

i am here.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:39:03 PM

i'd personally rather worry about questions like "am i psychotic" rather than "does god exist"

Good for you. You are starting towards recovery, then.  Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:40:16 PM

^^This is the basic premise of "evolution."

If you believe in the probability of life just coming into being from organic matter, or aboigenesis (which somehow has never happened again, hence the "LAW of Biogenesis" which states ALL life comes from life), then you should be playing the lottery EVERY SINGLE DAY and fully expecting to win.

This !!!   Cheesy

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:13:18 PM

Fibonacci sequence goes on forever.  Pi goes on forever.

Mathematical proof of the existence of an infinite universe.

The universe is god, it is conscious as are we, for we are the universe.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 05:54:19 PM

Matter and anti-matter are simply some infantile thinkings that scientists will grow out of if people happen to last for another 500 years.

Smiley

Are you joking? We have antimatter. We have been able to make it and collect it, in actual physical form.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 523 »
  Print  

Jump to: