Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:40:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest investigation about coins stolen  (Read 3897 times)
freee101 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:49:10 AM

I agree i seen no evidence of anything and in the files..
I also have not gotten any reply back about this no matter how many questions i asked
i barely got any answer at all.

I repeat i see no wrong doing with IFC coders and the files seem fine to me best i can tell..
although i have said over and over i can't get the block chain to start downloading from scratch or update my old one.
and i tried the node TECSHARE posted on the IFCforums and a couple posted here too.. nada LOL

bter exchange is stolen, i event doubt the inifintecoin wallet is stealing tool.

what evidence do you want?

are you and TECSHARE the infinite wallet developer?
BTER was robbed, that doesnt mean they are stealing. You clearly have difficulty with understanding cause and effect. I supervise development for Infinitecoin. You have made accusations against our team member Andrew in another post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738964.0;all

This user does not even have access to the servers where the files are hosted. You need to restrain your accusations, neither Andrew nor Infinitecoin deserve this. Just because you are angry about being robbed does not mean you can just pick random people and organizations out of a hat to blame. If you are so confident this is true POST LINKS TO YOUR ALLEGED MALWARE. This is looking increasingly like more Chinese rumor campaigns to me. Unless you have evidence, kindly keep your accusations to yourself.
I can list my evidence to all of the IFC fans. I don't say you are the thief, but I think thief is in the inifintecoin team.
above is my conclusion, below is my evidence list:

1. 4,Aug, my friend's BTC and LTC are stolen, but IFC is not stolen, hacker even send some IFCs to his wallet. my friend try to transfer all the coins to another wallet, but infinitecoin transaction is unconfirmed, coins is only left in wallet to stolen by thief on 15, Aug.

2. In a clean windows OS, I only run IFC wallet, and found security warning.

3. Bter is stolen, and Bter runs IFC exchange. I don't think Bter is noobs and inability to secure his PC.

4. why does IFC wallet 1.8.6 MANDATORY UPDATE ?

freee101 (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:09:41 AM

This is why all altcoins sources would be vetted properly by professionals.

that does not mean a lick of shit.. i can post any source code i want and any binary i want.

and to the other guy about "i stopped reading at"
that is dumb IFC is fucking old school and not some random clone coin..
IFC has had a very large following and was the most popular coin in crypto besides Bitcoin last year.
that shows me you don't know anything about altcoins.. or at least older ones.

@OP
I will see what i can do to look into for you if you want..
I just got  new version of IDA hours ago actually and have plenty of tools for reversing Malware such as OllyDBG etc.
BUT i need you to upload the exact files from your wallet though so i can make sure they are the same as the servers files.
I don't think adding the Block chain and wallet data is needed so don't upload your "roaming folder"
and if you don't know what i mean by roaming folder let me know before you uploading anything.

So please .zip or .rar up the wallet .exe files and any .dll's it came with and upload them somewhere like a file locker service.
This is a quick and easy service for file hosting and you can remove the link after easy too..
www.datafilehost.com/

I can't make any guarantees about finding anything but i do have a LOT of experience at finding Malware first on the internet all over the web including here.
hi, if you are interesting in they, i have uploaded 2 files.

infintecoin-qt,  my friend didn't find the install rar file, but the infintecoin-qt.exe is available
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/3c4bde6c

infinitecoin-1.8.8-win32.rar   install package
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/5114ee42

hmm thanks that is interesting because the 2 upload links you have here are NOT the same as what is on the official servers.
Your .exe match in both uploads but they are about 80kb's larger than the wallet for windows i downloaded the other day myself.
although the file names and version data match (Mine and yours)
i did not run your file yet but i hex compared it with the one i got from the official web site and i don't see anything bad with a quick look *yet.
Both seem to be a typical wallet for windows.. nothing looks out of the ordinary so far.

I need to know if your buddy had a conf file with the RPC allow ip sent to a wild card though.
and i can't do much of i can't get the block chain downloading.. i have looked around and all nodes i found failed to work for me.
If there was something bad in it chances are it would need to connect and if i can't get it synced i doubt any malware would work.. see what i mean ?

also i pm'd TECHSHARE last night to look at this topic.. did you contact him like i suggested ?

Oh and i hope what you posted was the exact files from your friends PC.. if you simply went and found them somewhere else that does not help.
A lot of Malware have an updater etc so you need the exact files your suspicious about.
actually, i don't know what you talk about.
 conf file with the RPC allow ip

can you say details? my OS is XP, have not open RPC.
where is the  conf file?
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:17:33 AM

Thats why you should use a separate virtual system for each altcoin client you run

Same thing i thought while reading..
Its not that hard to setup some win based virtual os on VMWARE.
Some people still take security too lightly
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 11:20:54 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 12:46:00 PM by TECSHARE

you say  infinitecoin wallet is good, i say  infinitecoin wallet has issues.
I have provided some facts, but you have only provide nothing and blame user being noobs.

Why am I responsible for explaining how your friend was hacked? You are the one making claims here, I don't have to prove myself, you do. Individuals are perfectly capable of checking the open source Infinitecoin client for themselves, I don't have to prove anything. You have provided no facts, you have made assumptions. Provide actual evidence or remove your false accusations. I don't have anything to prove here, you do.

note, try adding these peers if you cant connect, some times it doesn't connect right away just let it run:

"addr" : "88.123.148.35:9321",
"addr" : "81.102.216.43:9321",
"addr" : "184.175.52.145:9321",
"addr" : "87.58.104.112:9321",
freee101 (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:48:00 PM

I have provided some facts, but you have only provide nothing and blame user being noobs.

Why am I responsible for explaining how your friend was hacked? You are the one making claims here, I don't have to prove myself, you do. Individuals are perfectly capable of checking the open source Infinitecoin client for themselves, I don't have to prove anything. You have provided no facts, you have made assumptions. Provide actual evidence or remove your false accusations. I don't have anything to prove here, you do.
because you are one of the IFC wallet maker.
if you refuse to prove anything, IFC fans will suspect your team。
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 01:35:41 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 02:12:13 PM by TECSHARE

Um, no. I have a long standing reputation here. You do not. The software is open source and anyone can review it. Provide evidence of your claims or retract your accusations. Nothing you posted so far is evidence of anything except that your friend was robbed.
Beggars

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:55:19 PM

I haven't had a problem with the Windows Infinitecoin and malware and my machine is secured in every crevice it contains. The OP should be careful making baseless accusations accusing one wallet over another, when it is quite obvious that the cause for the malware was 99% likely to be caused by something else.

If you're going to accuse one coin or another, post up proof or GTFO. Crypto has suffered enough this year without people like you coming along and damaging it further. By all means call out coins doing wrong by people, but make sure you don't defame them in the process if you don't have the proof to back it up.

Why would Tecshare who came along and helped resurrect this coin from the dead deliberately infect people with malware? What is the point if it would only drive away interest thus driving down the price of the coin. If the point is to get people to use a coin, you don't generate interest by infecting users. There is no logic in the OP's argument other than trying to draw parallels between a friends computer being infected and having the Infinitecoin wallet installed.
Lindsey-Crypto

Activity: 149

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:10:44 AM

No, don`t worry, we won`t ...

Libre Bazaar - A Decentralized Anonymous MarketplacePre-ICOAnnouncement Thread
Blockchain and Data Storage Network Coupled With P2P Anonymous Networking
User Friendly ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven

freee101 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:38:54 AM

Um, no. I have a long standing reputation here. You do not. The software is open source and anyone can review it. Provide evidence of your claims or retract your accusations. Nothing you posted so far is evidence of anything except that your friend was robbed.
sorry, your response are disreputing yourself.
you think I'm making a scam accusations. but I have provide my conclusion and evidences.
for example, your car's tyre is lost when your are driving. you accuse car maker, list all your evidences. but car maker said, you have 0 evidence to prove it's my fault.
do you think car maker has no responsibility to clarify the cause.
do you think the customer have no right to accuse car maker?
I don't know what evidence you want, or you listen nothing, only want to say: I'm good, all is your fault.
freee101 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:48:53 AM

I haven't had a problem with the Windows Infinitecoin and malware and my machine is secured in every crevice it contains. The OP should be careful making baseless accusations accusing one wallet over another, when it is quite obvious that the cause for the malware was 99% likely to be caused by something else.

If you're going to accuse one coin or another, post up proof or GTFO. Crypto has suffered enough this year without people like you coming along and damaging it further. By all means call out coins doing wrong by people, but make sure you don't defame them in the process if you don't have the proof to back it up.

Why would Tecshare who came along and helped resurrect this coin from the dead deliberately infect people with malware? What is the point if it would only drive away interest thus driving down the price of the coin. If the point is to get people to use a coin, you don't generate interest by infecting users. There is no logic in the OP's argument other than trying to draw parallels between a friends computer being infected and having the Infinitecoin wallet installed.

can you guarantee IFC wallet has no problem?
can you guarantee all people's  IFC wallet has no problem, which is download from IFC official website.
freee101 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:50:19 AM

No, don`t worry, we won`t ...
can you guarantee Bter's coins stolen has no relationship with IFC wallet?
you evidence.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:41:14 AM

Infinitecoin is one of the older established minor alts. I would be very surprised if it turned out to contain malware.

It doesn't. The OP of this thread either downloaded a wallet from a non-official source or he is a lying POS. He says the wallet came from the official site but that is out and out bullshit.

The wallet is 100% safe. Maybe the OP has rpcallowip=* in his conf. If he did that then he is an idiot.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:49:58 AM

BTW OP...

The simple fact that no other person with an IFC client on their computer is here backing you up speaks volumes. This coin has real issues to deal with and your bullshit is getting in the way.

Shut the fuck up and fix your own damn problem. IFC had nothing to do with it.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
freee101 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:18:21 AM

Infinitecoin is one of the older established minor alts. I would be very surprised if it turned out to contain malware.

It doesn't. The OP of this thread either downloaded a wallet from a non-official source or he is a lying POS. He says the wallet came from the official site but that is out and out bullshit.

The wallet is 100% safe. Maybe the OP has rpcallowip=* in his conf. If he did that then he is an idiot.
i never change  conf,  do you mean the default value is " rpcallowip=*",  the OS developer is idiot?
freee101 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:31:35 AM

BTW OP...

The simple fact that no other person with an IFC client on their computer is here backing you up speaks volumes. This coin has real issues to deal with and your bullshit is getting in the way.

apple iCloud is stolen by fuck hacker.
the Apple company actively help FBI to investigate hacker.
but you do nothing to keep your respect.

I have found more clues about Andrew. he likes a spy.
For IFC wallet 1.8.6.
Do you (IFC team) require to UPDATE MANDATORY?  are the reasons :1. 51% attack warning; 2. transaction fee. ?

it seems not a MANDATORY reason.

I can sure my friend is attacked by  51% .  unconfirmed transaction,  transaction control by hacker.

I have no any IFC now,  and have no any problem to fix now.
xiaodxin

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:45:56 AM

maybe bter's coins are stolen by IFC wallet. Embarrassed  if so, why aren't they announce this.
freee101 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:11:08 AM

maybe bter's coins are stolen by IFC wallet. Embarrassed  if so, why aren't they announce this.
because this will depreciate IFC price.
freee101 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:15:32 AM

if you are bter, you will replace your IFC wallet stealthily, and keep IFC trade market still. and sell out all IFCs of yourself.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 07:11:12 AM

BTW OP...

apple iCloud is stolen by fuck hacker.
the Apple company actively help FBI to investigate hacker.
but you do nothing to keep your respect.

I have found more clues about Andrew. he likes a spy.
For IFC wallet 1.8.6.
Do you (IFC team) require to UPDATE MANDATORY?  are the reasons :1. 51% attack warning; 2. transaction fee. ?

it seems not a MANDATORY reason.

I can sure my friend is attacked by  51% .  unconfirmed transaction,  transaction control by hacker.

I have no any IFC now,  and have no any problem to fix now.

If you don't leave Andrew alone I am going to put up a bounty for your identity and dox you, then you can see how much fun it is. There is absolutely zero chance Andrew had access to the client code. Stop harassing our development team.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: