Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:43:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Icarus last batch "group purchase" thread.  (Read 12869 times)
ngzhang (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 07:00:20 AM

hi, everyone.

In my original plan, icarus project will discontinued after batch 3, because i must move to my next product "Lancelot".

maybe because it's really at least 8 weeks away. i saw many people still want Icarus board, and start a unofficial Group buying thread.

as everyone noticed, some event which make us not pleasant happened.

first of all, i make this product not only for make money for my self, but also by my interest. by doing this, now i have many friends around the world.

this time i underestimated everybody's enthusiasm on icarus, but my future plan must continue. so i find one of my friend "xiangfu" to operate this group purchase. i trusted him, and i will take the risk of any scam issues. i hope you can trust him too.

some notice:

1, this batch will no more than 50 boards.
2, 90% possibility will ship out in April.
3, will ship from China.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xiangfu

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 01:43:13 AM

All 50 Icarus have been ordered. I will send you email when Icarus is ready. let you know the final price (all about the shipping).
once I got the shipping cost. we start the payment. then send out Icarus to you.

Thanks again
Xiangfu
xiangfu

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 01:46:02 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2012, 01:55:33 PM by xiangfu

The power adapter plug type is NEMA 1-15, more detail please check here: http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Icarus#Power_supply

here are two small pictures:
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 03:44:33 PM

Is there room for one more board? Smiley

xiangfu

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 02:52:37 AM

Sorry. all 50 Icarus have been ordered.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 01:31:28 PM

Sorry. all 50 Icarus have been ordered.

Ah ok, no problem. I guess I'll have to wait until ngzhang releases Lacelot - or maybe someone here sells his Icarus.

antirack

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

Immersionist

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 12:51:24 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2012, 07:55:32 AM by antirack

*** SOLD ***

I have 5 Icarus from the 3rd batch that I am willing to sell. I paid slightly less than ngzhang's original price of $569 for them (shipping was free) and I had them for about a month (with 2 weeks down time during my vacation, since I didn't have time to set them up before I left). I have been using them with MPBM and they do a great job.

They come with power supplies from ngzhang, USB cables, the hex mounts (some spare if you need), original packing and everything.

Optimally I am looking for one person to buy them all. Feel free to send me a PM with your offer if you are interested.

Shipping will be free. I am in Hong Kong, so expect an international parcel (sending as a gift or sample is no problem). I can ship via EMS Speedpost (Intl courier 4 or 5 days) or Airmail (can take 3 weeks or even longer, but is safer to send as "gift"). If you want FedEx, UPS or DHL I can probably send them for a nice value, but as "gift" is impossible. And these couriers will probably charge $50 or more for shipping and then some handling fee to import them for you into your country. You can avoid that high cost with EMS Speedpost or Airmail (EMS is what ngzhang also uses).

I accept BitCoin but if you insist on cash you'll have to wire money to my bank account in Hong Kong or Europe (SEPA).

If none of the "usual suspects" here in the Icarus threads want them I may trying to re-post this in the market section. I am selling them for private reasons, so please don't ask. I can guarantee that they work and I will pack them very well, but I can't give any additional warranty and you'll have to talk to ngzhang for support (just as you would have purchased them from him).

*** SOLD ***

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 09:24:12 PM

I am selling them for private reasons, so please don't ask.

Wife found out?

Just kidding.

That said, if your present deal falls through, I am definitely interested in purchasing them. I have a "Web of Trust" rating, too, though it's been a long while since I've used it. I also have a post history that will probably convince you it'd be a bad idea to let me have your Icarus boards. I kind of got screwed out of the "last 50 batch", I went on vacation for 3 days and when I came back they had made a new thread and sold out already.
Miner612

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

FPGA convert

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 02:44:51 AM

Wife found out?

Just kidding.

That said, if your present deal falls through, I am definitely interested in purchasing them. I have a "Web of Trust" rating, too, though it's been a long while since I've used it. I also have a post history that will probably convince you it'd be a bad idea to let me have your Icarus boards. I kind of got screwed out of the "last 50 batch", I went on vacation for 3 days and when I came back they had made a new thread and sold out already.

Yeah, this is a pretty stupid way of marketing.  But what do you expect from some little Chinese dude.

I buy and sell GPUs, most 5850s and 7970s. 
jimzolorenzo@gmail.com  -- Make an offer.
http://myworld.ebay.com/i_buy_5850s  -- current inventory
I have a couple bare bone mining rigs for sale as well.

--------------

I bought silver from [ccliu] 5 star transaction!
I bought silver from [TECSHARE] -- shipping still
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 03:05:27 AM

Wife found out?

Just kidding.

Yeah, this is a pretty stupid way of marketing.  But what do you expect from some little Chinese dude.
Stupid ways of marketing = entire batch sold in ~24h.  Huh

He's not just sitting on thousands of these things. The current batch isn't ready for distribution yet because it takes him a long time to build & do QC.
Miner612

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

FPGA convert

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 03:17:40 AM

If your entire batch is so small (like asian penis...) when there are LOTS of people like me who would spend 5 grand or so on MORE ... to just close it out like this ... not smart.

He could be making a LOT more money.

Stop sucking his balls.

Wussy.

I buy and sell GPUs, most 5850s and 7970s. 
jimzolorenzo@gmail.com  -- Make an offer.
http://myworld.ebay.com/i_buy_5850s  -- current inventory
I have a couple bare bone mining rigs for sale as well.

--------------

I bought silver from [ccliu] 5 star transaction!
I bought silver from [TECSHARE] -- shipping still
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 03:23:47 AM

If your entire batch is so small (like asian penis...) when there are LOTS of people like me who would spend 5 grand or so on MORE ... to just close it out like this ... not smart.

Then do it. Compete, do better, quit whining because you were left out.
norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 12:34:26 PM

Stop sucking his balls.

Wussy.

Someone ready the banhammer...
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 02:55:42 PM

Stop sucking his balls.

Wussy.

Someone ready the banhammer...

Just some frustrated kid idiot. Suicide would be his best option.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 03:37:09 PM

Stop sucking his balls.

Wussy.

His clear familiarity with "asian penis" speaks loudly of his preference. Ignorant fucking little troll douchebag. The only "5 grand" this worthless troglodyte will ever see will be the wishes he has to fit in with decent people. Fuckwit- if you knew anything at all about this development it is not about "making a LOT more money" it is about a technical solution to a theoretical problem, shared through the means of small batch production. Clearly another basement dwelling mouth-breather who thinks the way to become a bazillionaire is to create these magical bitcoin beans out of thin air, and he just needs the magic bean machine. His next post will be the loan request so he can spend the 5 grand, promising to pay back from his enormous profits.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 06:50:52 PM

Stop sucking his balls.

Wussy.

You're an idiot.
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 05:18:35 AM

Wife found out?

Just kidding.

And you think you're not going to get banned from this forum why?

DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 10:22:10 PM

Stop sucking his balls.

Wussy.

Okay, look, if this shit continues I'm just going to just start _paying_ Theymos to ban people. I'm pretty sure I could get some sort of bulk deal for 1BTC a person.

xiangfu

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 02:09:28 PM

Hi

Today, ngzhang and me go to the SMT factory. for me is to learn how SMT working. I have learned a lot, thanks a lot to ngzhang. all those 50 Icarus SMT have finish today. it will totally finish in next 2 days(some components have to manually soldering). then all boards will send back to ngzhang for test. I will send them out after ngzhang finish the test. it will be next week if everything goes fine.

Thanks a lot for your patient.

Here is two pictures of the factory:

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 06:43:00 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2012, 12:52:06 PM by rudrigorc2

Hi

Today, ngzhang and me go to the SMT factory. for me is to learn how SMT working. I have learned a lot, thanks a lot to ngzhang. all those 50 Icarus SMT have finish today. it will totally finish in next 2 days(some components have to manually soldering). then all boards will send back to ngzhang for test. I will send them out after ngzhang finish the test. it will be next week if everything goes fine.

Thanks a lot for your patient.

Here is two pictures of the factory:

very nice pictures! good to see whats going on.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: