Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:19:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone is panic selling their BTC  (Read 26099 times)
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:44:36 AM

I doubt it will crash lower then 500, huge wall there. Also right now it is 520 at bitstamp already.

that's just dead cat bounces, bitcoin is going nowhere but down, never buy in trap dude
forsakenpnut

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:45:43 AM

I doubt it will crash lower then 500, huge wall there. Also right now it is 520 at bitstamp already.

that's just dead cat bounces, bitcoin is going nowhere but down, never buy in trap dude

COULD YOU STOP FUCKING SPREADING BULLSHIT INFO EVERYWHERE@!

fonsie

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:46:41 AM

He bounced his head when riding his cat.  Grin

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
falllling

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:48:32 AM

stop scaming. scammer
falllling

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:49:50 AM

drop your hope and sell now or lose everything later!
fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:53:29 AM

stop scaming. scammer

OK, I'll go scaming, not that I know what that is.... Grin

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
MajidBC

Activity: 182

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:52:43 AM

I always wondered what beer would taste like it in space.

In your space ship very normal.
Actually, it wouldn't. Zero gravity (freefall if you want to get technical) or low gravity (if you're on the moon) causes your internal fluids to be redistributed towards your head, resulting in (among other symptoms) swollen sinuses, causing many foods and beverages to taste rather bland in space.

Outside it would freeze due to the vacuum letting liquid water evaporate until the rest is frozen. Also good luck drinking it with the same thing happening to your blood.
Your blood would not evaporate in the vacuum of space, as your blood is pressurised by your circulatory system (and if it isn't, you're already dead). Nor would you freeze; although your sweat, tears, and saliva would instantly evaporate, the heat loss is insignificant.

Don't listen to people who don't know science. ... You would boil in space.
Okay, we won't listen to you, then. Wink

Nice explanation! Are you astronomer or physics expert?
Keyara

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:11:38 PM

Technical indicator looks weak. A good price to short at 500.
dontbugme

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:15:24 PM

Technical indicator looks weak. A good price to short at 500.

On which timeframe? I'd agree with you on the 1D.

We've just seen the indicators entering their worst points right now.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:18:28 PM

Is this just from large companies dumping coin??
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:20:19 PM

Not everyone. Maybe time to rehash the good old hodling meme? Wink
wang_yan

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:39:33 PM

Is this just from large companies dumping coin??

Not sure. Maybe people just get bored.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:57:23 PM

I will buy some Panic BTC  Grin. Guess who will cry later.

Ya know what.....I don't care....

I panic sold......seems I was correct to do so, so far, if only I had panic sold a lot sooner, but hey ho......will Bitcoin go shooting back up past my buy in price? probably, but I care so much that I moved the little funds I had left on Bitstamp, back into my bank account. Since 2014, I have been haemorrrhaging cash in Bitcoin like a haemophiliac piggy bank with a split open gut. I have evaporated thousands in dodgy Bitcoin trades in 2014 and aside from the fact that it has got to stop, it is boring me to fucking pieces at the same time.

The nature of Bitcoin is that if aint going up, then it must go down. Seems that Bitcoin couldn't get up past $680, despite the huge amount of leverage on Bitfinex that ballooned up around that time (and what is happening with those leveraged trades, why isn't Bitfinex's swap rate bubble popping?). The funny thing is that my instincts up until very recently were kind of indicating to me that Bitcoin was due to take a hike up, but chart TA now seems to be indicating that $340 wasn't the low. $340 might prove itself to be the low, but it will take an X-Factor to save Bitcoin from such a fate. The trend is that capital is leaving Bitcoin, and the more real world transactions that can take place using Bitcoin, the more this trend will be exacerbated in the short term.

Bitcoin can crash, recover, bubble, crash, but most of all, it can fuck off. I have proven to myself that outwith an out and out bull-run, that over the course of time I will lose a shit ton of cash playing around with Bitcoin. Back to using Bitcoin primarily for Silk Road purchases for me (it is the only thing that I need BTC for), I will let other suckers provide Bitcoin with the liquidity it needs to function and I seem to remember it functioning for me just as well at $5, as it does now at $500. Would $5 Bitcoin now mean the miners shutting down and the P2P network being killed? Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
X7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:01:44 PM

Son of a bitch I slept through 495!? *Sips coffee* ..... *buys bitcoin*

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:11:00 PM

What happen to BTC price, cmon!!!

Well it probably has been said before..thinking out loud here.

1) miners have been the cheerleaders of bitcoin...with asic prices now much HIGHER  then you could just plain buy BTC for.. not to mention the old
pre-order drama....they are not spending $$$ and coin on such anymore it is slowing down imho
they are not as vocal anymore...thus slows the newbie conversion by the old timers..likely have the wife on their case..and cashing some out...Also BIG mining farms
cash out to USD asap...so that is constant 'leak' in the bitcoin faucet imho $$$ wise..and the big mining farms are building like heck but may
be not planning their expansions 'quite' as soon as they may have ...with BTC price etc the way it is so that also may slow in next few months..but
for now it is too much supply

2) people still rely on the news media 'warnings' on bitcoin (sells ads) also the NY regulatory stuff (even if good intentioned they don't
have a clue and could make it worse) the US consumer protection agency fraud division taking complaints now on BTC related scams
(BFL watch out) bad news moves journalism ..thus....not a lot 'enough' use as it should be either by newbies buying and holding or people using BTC as fast
as miners cash out and make coin in the present (likely can't keep this up) too much held coin/mined coin/ no new blood coming in to spread
the hype from OUR point of view..and of course just plain 'vested interests' that have NO interest in bitcoin at all succeeding

3) people like me are holding but we have either 'enough coin' at the present time (ie in my case all I'm comfortable with the BTC I have (miners I got argh!)
at this time...or whales also holding ..ie everyone who is a BTC guy from either 1 year ago already 'bought' in from the $1100
to $600 drop ...we have the 'full tummy feeling' so to speak ...with all the bad press and gov't regulation hype Newbies and
big money investors are still sitting on the sidelines scratching head about btc...stalemate

4) Big money won't get in yet...they likely will get in with the facebook twins EFT and say someone like amazon or ebay takes BTC
but they won't get in with all the hype about BTC being evil/regulations/and a no one knows WTF is going on...a chicken and egg
problem you need the big money to jump in to stop this silly panicness crap and newbies they won'g jump in because they have
no idea wtf is going on yet with gov't and bad press...stalemate...BUT there is hope if it really gets say down in price about
450 usd or some such...whatever the bottom is THEN these big money types would probably start to wade into the pool slowly
if you want them to jump in imho we need Ebay/paypal or amazon to announce they are taking BTC at this price of $512..things
would go to the moon quick imho...but how to get the newbies and the big money folks in not to mention merchants like ebay/paypal
and amazon to get off the fence is debatable?

5) thus we may just 'float' about for a bit till something breaks in our favor....ebay/paypal takes bitcoin the facebook twins EFT
and just plain slow down of hash rate increase in the face of low prices....we have too much coin imho so price is dropping
what keeps me up nights is the press gets wind of ISIS the terror group buying BTC in some kinda sting or some association like
that ....we would be looking at 300 usd coin and more gov't regulatory panic imho that would suck

anyway if you drank the kool aid then all is hunky dory..anything below the ATH if BTC is gonna survive the next 10 years is 'gravy'
so if you think a market that survives will always get back to its ATH (may take 10yrs like housing but still) then you are buying like
a demon...or like me you are tapped out with perhaps the bad choice of getting miners at this price range and tapped out or
you are saying f*ck this ..it is too stressful and you are tapping out your mined 150 usd coin from last year and taking profits

it just all seems to be coming in bunches imho... 2 lessons 1) interesting as hell from a 'is the plane gonna crash or pull up" point
of view and 2) don't put anything in BTC you can't afford to lose...hopefully that is ALL that is going on ...people just feel 'overextended'
in what they put into BTC and this will all resolve itself in a month or so

but man there is a dang lot of moving parts and don't take what I said above in anyway that I know wtf i'm talking about
just some speculation on some of the moving parts....(head hurts gonna lie down....btc is mysterious to me)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
TPN

Activity: 193

How did it get so late, so soon?

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:12:30 PM

How low will it go, before it rises again? that's the question.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:20:51 PM

length of time also comes into play.....stagnation......too much and we are back to the boom/bust cycle
in a big big way...i mean way over the top..thus again scaring the crap out of newbies/big institutional investors
and confused gov't regulatory types....we could be into a few of these wild gyrations for more then a couple
years...hopefully the mean 'price goes up' ...I'd much rather fluctuate from 1000 usd to 2000 then from 200 to 400

BTC well might hang together and grow just fine at 200 to 400 but i would be melancholy to say the least at that
scenario..... my ship does not 'have to come in' right now..but would be nice if it 'floated'  at least..for myself anything
below around $225 on the coin I have with what I bought/mined and or have in pre-orders on miners...

again would not be a happy camper (It's all about me damn it...bounce all you want as long as it is above
1000 usd as the lpw is all I ask! ) Smiley

heh....interesting times indeed

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Hash Master

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:24:36 PM

$511.54 at bitstamp right now. I am still wondering should I buy some or should I sell what I have bought before.
kyij

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:28:10 PM

What happen to BTC price, cmon!!!
4) Big money won't get in yet...they likely will get in with the facebook twins EFT and say someone like amazon or ebay takes BTC
but they won't get in with all the hype about BTC being evil/regulations/and a no one knows WTF is going on...

Nice story, but ebay will probably never accept btc, unless they let go of PayPal. PayPal is owned by the same people as ebay - right now, they force all new users to use PayPal too. I think you need to have an account from like 2007 if you want to use a different merchant - it is a scam, but they make the extra 2.9% + .34$ on every single transaction!

It will go back up, half past yo' face!

I love how people ask this. Like if anyone knows. People only know things from past references, but here with BTC, nobody has many references (history) to base predictions off of. Sure they has been many little scares like this will likely be, but bitcoin rewrites history every day. If everyone knew, nobody would really sell coin in the first place. I am mad that I still had .2 btc in the past 2 days, but hey I only lost $20. I will probably buy more coin today and wait a few days, and I will sell in about 2-3 days personally (what ever the price).
btcracer1

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:30:53 PM

Op thinks that everyone is panic selling, but I'm not.
I don't have any bitcoin to sell, this is the reason... I think that the price will drop to $400 in few days.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: