Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:51:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 Upgrade Kit  (Read 16000 times)
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:24:45 AM

I have not seen this clarified so I will add it.

You do not have to get the 2 units of the kits from Bitmain, YOU CAN GET JUST 1 UNIT directly from bitmain, and here's how you do it.
1. Got to the bitmain website and select to buy the kit.
2. Go to the checkout and complete the order for the 2 units MOQ.
3. If you chose to pay with bitcoin, when you get the address to make payment, send bitcoins for 1 unit, i.e 046 BTC
4. Optionally, you can add a note in the Notes section that you only want 1 unit.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:32:57 AM

I have not seen this clarified so I will add it.

You do not have to get the 2 units of the kits from Bitmain, YOU CAN GET JUST 1 UNIT directly from bitmain, and here's how you do it.
1. Got to the bitmain website and select to buy the kit.
2. Go to the checkout and complete the order for the 2 units MOQ.
3. If you chose to pay with bitcoin, when you get the address to make payment, send bitcoins for 1 unit, i.e 046 BTC
4. Optionally, you can add a note in the Notes section that you only want 1 unit.

Cool ty il do just that i only want one for now and will pay cash later on .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:56:59 AM

Does it use the same CGMiner or do we flash the unit to an S3?
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:13:12 PM

the upgrade i think video say's the controller mount for the upgrade convert it to A s3 . I was told when I got  my email from the US vendor i bought my S3 from that they are  gonna release a Firmware up date   that upgrades to the latest version of CGMiner 4.6.0 or later what ever is out when they DO Imo i wish it would Include bfgminer to i like BFGmner more no offense intended to the DEV of cgminer.

I'm guessing but yea you need to update the controller once it is  mounted sense I have tryed to use a S3 firmware on a S1 board  some thing on the mount makes it seen as a S3 .

bmoscato

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:01:17 PM

the upgrade i think video say's the controller mount for the upgrade convert it to A s3 . I was told when I got  my email from the US vendor i bought my S3 from that they are  gonna release a Firmware up date   that upgrades to the latest version of CGMiner 4.6.0 or later what ever is out when they DO Imo i wish it would Include bfgminer to i like BFGmner more no offense intended to the DEV of cgminer.

I'm guessing but yea you need to update the controller once it is  mounted sense I have tryed to use a S3 firmware on a S1 board  some thing on the mount makes it seen as a S3 .

Thanks for the answer.
Taugeran

Activity: 658

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:32:48 PM

There are some folks working on antminer support for bfgminer, myself included. Almost done designing a USB dongle to control a pair of S1 blades (since I can't get a farking crossbuild environment set up)

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:46:37 PM

I thought it was supposed to come with a cover?
bmoscato

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:11:21 PM

Nope:
https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=0002014081313175081722f1GeUO063F

S1 Upgrade Kit includes:

1.  2 units of hash boards

2.  2 units of mini customized heat sink

3.  1 unit of adapter board

4.  1 unit of control board holder

5.  1 fan including the fan's cover and screws

6.  4 units of white plastic brackets, 2 units of 2x10 pin cables, 8 screws, 8 spring screws

7.  You shall prepare our own thermal paste, which is easy to be ordered:
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:00:40 PM

I wonder if that will make much difference in the temp compared to a real S3+
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:29:39 PM

sadly no that might make it cost more those covers the S3 uses are  nice  not the best but nice . if you watched the video and read the parts offered it just a upgrade and  a real upgrade .

BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:32:56 PM

I thought they would at least mount the heatsinks on the new boards. When I saw they were going to offer
these kits. Now it doesn't seem like such a great deal.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:16:08 PM

I wonder if that will make much difference in the temp compared to a real S3+

polly not just noise i would think it is actually a S3 but a upgrade kit with out a controller and a case. its is a real S3 just not the full  S3 .

Upgrades of any kind in my 20 years of  building PC etc are about the same .  all these are is a PC that are made to do one thing .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:21:08 PM

I thought they would at least mount the heatsinks on the new boards. When I saw they were going to offer

they can't  because of how the upgrade works to me i rather they did not mount them  but as they prefect it and put out more upgrades well see better improvements in how to do it etc .

BCwinning

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:24:55 PM

they can't  because of how the upgrade works to me i rather they did not mount them  but as they prefect it and put out more upgrades well see better improvements in how do it etc .
my point is the price doesn't reflect the labor needed to reconfigure. but thats just my not so humble opinion.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:28:15 PM

they can't  because of how the upgrade works to me i rather they did not mount them  but as they prefect it and put out more upgrades well see better improvements in how do it etc .
my point is the price doesn't reflect the labor needed to reconfigure. but thats just my not so humble opinion.

I agree there are not really meant for the  newbie or user so to speak more for the DIY that don't  mind and want to save some money and re use old parts  for a time .

to be very honest i have never seen such a good grade that uses all most of the old parts i was so impressed by thought and care they put into it i mean that .

Me I'm one Smiley.

BCwinning

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:31:29 PM

I agree there are not really meant for the  newbie or user so to speak more for the DIY that don't  mind and want to save some money and re use old parts  for a time .

Me I'm one Smiley.
Same here I wouldn't mind putting it together but hell attach the heatsinks and include the paste.
Or drop the price some more. I have enough paste to last me a lifetime but that isn't the point.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:43:15 PM

I agree there are not really meant for the  newbie or user so to speak more for the DIY that don't  mind and want to save some money and re use old parts  for a time .

ok a but the paste is like 3 bucks paste and that a jar i ordered one off amazon.

Me I'm one Smiley.
Same here I wouldn't mind putting it together but hell attach the heatsinks and include the paste.
Or drop the price some more. I have enough paste to last me a lifetime but that isn't the point.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:44:23 PM

ok a but the paste is like 3 bucks paste and that a jar i ordered one off amazon.

Me I'm one Smiley.

maybe there is a reason they can't supply the paste customs who knows yea  they could have mounted it or offered that option. but one kit which you can order right from them not two  if the  poster who posted a how to  is right then  the price is right, i know that sounds cheesy .

I don't know yet I'm gonna try once i get two more 0.2 mind I'm gonna try to buy one not 2.  btw i started Ming about a month ago big time and now all most have that  first coin its  been a thrill for me .

pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 09:54:25 PM

maybe there is a reason they can't supply the paste customs who knows yea  they could have mounted it or offered that option. but one kit which you can order right from them not two  if the  poster who posted a how to  is right then  the price is right, i know that sounds cheesy .

I don't know yet I'm gonna try once i get two more 0.2 mind I'm gonna try to buy one not 2.  btw i started Ming about a month ago big time and now all most have that  first coin its  been a thrill for me .

Nothing cheesy about that, just a doubting Thomas!
Here's a shot of the account I used (even to get a single S3!)

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:04:33 PM

maybe there is a reason they can't supply the paste customs who knows yea  they could have mounted it or offered that option. but one kit which you can order right from them not two  if the  poster who posted a how to  is right then  the price is right, i know that sounds cheesy .

I don't know yet I'm gonna try once i get two more 0.2 mind I'm gonna try to buy one not 2.  btw i started Ming about a month ago big time and now all most have that  first coin its  been a thrill for me .

Nothing cheesy about that, just a doubting Thomas!
Here's a shot of the account I used (even to get a single S3!)

awesome no doubting on my part i just don't want to confirm some thing i have not done yet . Smiley. unless you do some one else does with proof  Smiley .

and  cheesy I meant the saying the price is right .

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: