Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:28:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STR]Stellar Invite Code - the new distribution method beyond Facebook auth  (Read 7266 times)
homerzhu (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:15:58 PM

We've been having to waitlist our signups over the past week, which has been tough for everyone. It's meant that many people haven't been able to have access to the network. So starting tomorrow, we're getting rid of the waitlist entirely and funding everyone with a starter amount of stellars upon connecting with Facebook. This starter amount will be enough to start exploring Stellar and experience sending transactions.

Introducing Invites

The Stellar community has grown faster than anything I have seen. It is full of amazing folks who have been chipping in to help translate, bug fix, and answer questions of other newer users - all in less than two weeks. Since it will take us a while to develop and translate educational programs to cover our already international community, we wanted to think of ways to let our existing users fund more people since they are already putting a lot of effort into teaching people about digital currency. To do that, we are releasing an invite system tomorrow.

Via the invite system, Stellar users will receive invites from time to time that they can send to friends. Invites will appear in your dashboard. Upon receiving an invite code, that friend is then funded with additional stellars. This lets community members be the decision makers regarding when people receive more stellars beyond the starter amount, and it increases the chance that people new to digital currency have someone to whom they can ask questions and learn from.

How does this Affect Waitlist Groups?

You can see the listing of all the waitlist groups here. As of today, Groups 1-3 have been fully funded. Group 4 has received their starter amount. All of Group 5 (everyone who is on waitlist now) will receive their starter amount by tomorrow. This means everyone who completed a valid Facebook login so far and everyone who signs up with a valid Facebook login starting today will receive their starter stellar amounts - no more waiting.

Moving forward, everyone who signed up after August 7 (Group 4 onward; i.e. those who received starter amount of stellars) will be eligible to receive more stellars (amount will be dynamic) either i) through an invite code from a friend or ii) via educational programs which will be coming.

We expect some people will be unhappy with the fact we are no longer funding people in one fast, large amount, but the mission of the Foundation is to provide financial education and access. We always intended the stellars to be distributed in conjunction with educational content and materials, and it's important that we link stellar distribution with education. Our launch materials were focused on developers, but the world showed up at our door. Now we are working as fast as we can to get programs together for regular, non-technical folks (starting with this Learn page) - but these things take time. In the meantime, our primary objective remains the same and we think the invite system will help us work towards that goal.

What Comes Next?

At the moment, we are focusing on increasing security features, addressing any remaining login issues people had from the launch rush, and developing the multi-currency client. We also just had our first developer meetup in San Francisco where over 120 developers showed up for a packed event. At the meetup, people were discussing a lot of interesting projects already happening in the “Stellar System” - iOS clients, gateways, games, libraries, and more. So we can all expect to see more Stellar projects coming out soon. If you are working on something Stellar-related, please feel free to share with everyone - we'd love to hear about it.

Onward~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:33:58 PM

I do not have facebook, how do I get a starter amount

Grin
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:45:33 PM

I do not have facebook, how do I get a starter amount
you can't get starter amount unless you link your fb account  Undecided
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:48:47 PM

Facebook is a NSA tool.
lotosminer

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:52:12 PM

Sorry guys, but I'm not linking my wallet to my FB  Roll Eyes

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SqDH9nmCWyP1yUM9J3ZhUiQ9kc8aotqPZL
QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QZBa56NpqpodoZBqhE314m7VxQi7fR4atQ
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:55:07 PM

that's really bad they only allow fb authentication;
fudbuster

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:15:12 PM

that's really bad they only allow fb authentication;

+1! Really, really bad that Facebook has to be dragged into this.
freshstorm

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:24:05 PM

Hello everyone!
I want to buy a stellar account with an invite code. Please ib me or pm via skype admin.bestgpt to discuss the fee. Thank you so much
Dfrost

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:27:30 PM

Starter amount is 100 stellar haven't received anymore after 16 days Huh
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:32:03 PM

Where can i find the official ANN for Stellar??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: