Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:32:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Physical Bitcoin Gift Cards available for Pre-Order (USA - Free Shipping)  (Read 6782 times)
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:49:39 AM

Hey guys!

They're all printed out and I'm personally sending them out tomorrow.
You should get them in the mail within a week!

Sorry for the delay guys!

did you not say that like 3 weeks ago?

Yeah, we had a problem then.
But I just shipped them, just got back.
I hope you like the stamps I used Smiley

Rock on! I hope this works out well for you guys. It's a great idea.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 03:36:30 AM

I got my card today.

It's a nice looking card and if I could buy in bulk and reduced prices I may buy more in the future.

Complaints:

The glue you used to stick the card to the paper letter blows. They have good glue nowadays that the credit card companies use. The glue rolls right off in one lump and doesn't leave any sticky trace. This shit is a pain in the ass.

Visiting lovebitcoins.org I tried to click check the value of the card. It doesn't work. It also doesn't work on the giftcoin.net page either. Neither does the redeem coin button work.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 12:40:10 PM

I got my card today.

It's a nice looking card and if I could buy in bulk and reduced prices I may buy more in the future.

Complaints:

The glue you used to stick the card to the paper letter blows. They have good glue nowadays that the credit card companies use. The glue rolls right off in one lump and doesn't leave any sticky trace. This shit is a pain in the ass.

Visiting lovebitcoins.org I tried to click check the value of the card. It doesn't work. It also doesn't work on the giftcoin.net page either. Neither does the redeem coin button work.
Booger glue would do the trick.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
jjjrmy

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:13:20 PM

I got my card today.

Complaints:

I'm working on the check value thing. I've been at college orientation for the past few days with no internet.
I'll get it done tonight, promise!

We didn't use glue to stick the cards on. It's called like a glue dot or something. I hope you liked the stamp I used <3
jjjrmy

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 11:53:58 PM

I got my card today.

Complaints:

https://www.giftcoin.net/card/check.php

It is ugly, but works.

I'll make sure to make it all pretty and stuff sometime soon.
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 06:23:20 PM

Can somebody help me redeem my card? I peeled the hologram off and have both a QR code and binary code for manual importation.

I created a wallet at blockchain.info and tried manually importing it there, since I don't have a smart phone, and it failed. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong? Can I use the Satoshi client to receive my coins? Help!

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 01:32:10 AM

Can somebody help me redeem my card? I peeled the hologram off and have both a QR code and binary code for manual importation.

I created a wallet at blockchain.info and tried manually importing it there, since I don't have a smart phone, and it failed. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong? Can I use the Satoshi client to receive my coins? Help!

The private key is printed in human readable form next to the QR code. You can redeem it at Mt. Gox (and via other web sites and by at least one unix-y method.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 01:38:52 AM

Hey guys!

They're all printed out and I'm personally sending them out tomorrow.
You should get them in the mail within a week!

Sorry for the delay guys!

did you not say that like 3 weeks ago?

Yeah, we had a problem then.
But I just shipped them, just got back.
I hope you like the stamps I used Smiley

Was out of town for a week. Got very excited to see my new bitcoin card and copy of bitcoin magazine (which is also great) and forgot too look at the stamp Sad

Anyhow, the card is great. Much more durable and stiff than the bitbills were. You guys did a great job (presuming my card is redeemable...I'm not trashing it to get my BTC back so soon!)

Any plans for a bank card?  Just put the public address in place of the verify code and the matching private key behind the hologram and stamp 0 on it (or bearer card, etc).

Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 02:01:59 AM

The private key is printed in human readable form next to the QR code. You can redeem it at Mt. Gox (and via other web sites and by at least one unix-y method.

Can it not be done at blockchain.info wallet? I went to the import section and put it into the import private key section. I got an error saying it's not a valid format. I tried several times and always get the same error.

Then I went to my mt.gox account to see if I could do it there, but I have no idea where in mt. gox it allows me to import private keys. Help!

jjjrmy

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 11:37:37 PM

Can it not be done at blockchain.info wallet? I went to the import section and put it into the import private key section. I got an error saying it's not a valid format. I tried several times and always get the same error.

Then I went to my mt.gox account to see if I could do it there, but I have no idea where in mt. gox it allows me to import private keys. Help!

I don't think blockchain.info supports 30 char private keys.
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 11:42:03 PM

Okay, then what about Mt. Gox? I couldn't find where I needed to go to import it.

jjjrmy

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 03:46:58 AM

Okay, then what about Mt. Gox? I couldn't find where I needed to go to import it.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 07:39:52 AM

So Giftcoin.net appears to be defunct but they were only a distributor, right?

Is this card still in the works?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 02:24:25 PM

Necro warning!

Any way to check the value on these cards anymore? The verify code wasn't the best idea...simply putting the address on the card would have made it simpler on you guys.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:35:47 AM

Necro warning!

FYI: I can confirm my card was redeemable at MtGox and _not_ via blockchain.info (they must not support the 22 char mini-private key, despite the UI elements stating all formats are supported).

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:23:19 PM

[Massive necro warning]

I found 3 of these cards in my old mail. I had some trouble redeeming them. Here is some info for anyone stumbling across this post.

The mini private keys on these cards are not well formed. This means that most places can't import them as is.
Even though they are not well formed, you can still take the SHA256 of them, and they still make a valid private key.
On ubuntu, I did that via this command:
Code:
echo -n "S12345678901234567890123456789" | shasum -a 256
The result should be usable by any app. I used armory, but blockchain.info should work as well.

Funnily enough, only 2 of the 3 cards actually contained an untouched coin. The third had once had 4 satoshi on the address, which has since been removed. I have no flipping clue why, but I'll be making a Bitpay support request to get my last coin Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: