Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:06:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RE: Ciphercoin and art  (Read 2250 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 12:51:20 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2012, 01:08:10 AM by Jon

I am going to frank:

Your artwork and designs depress me. They make me feel like I am staring at old flyers advertising 50% off diapers at Walmart, in a waiting area behind the restrooms.

Suddenly, a large obese woman with a Walmart vest walks by with toilet paper on her shoe and a sagging scowl on her face. You can see her old, worn-out panties rising up over her shirt from the back.

That's how your designs make me feel. I can only hope my honest perspective motivates you to create better work.
All you really had to say was "I HATE PASTEL COLORS MAKE THEM VIVID" and they might have given your post some consideration. But the undue and insulting criticism was completely uncalled for and unnecessary.
It may of not been. I have a feeling that it makes others feel the same way. When people get the full feeling of what their design produces, they'll understand the reality of the situation.

Yes, I could say I hate pastels but what does that mean? Why do I hate pastels? What do I feel when I see a pastel color? Why is the artist incapable of what I feel?

Criticism requires specifics capable of stimulating understanding. That's why I decided to be rude and honest.
Your characterization of the design this way belies your lack of education of the art and science of industrial design. Oh, I am sure that you could teach a thing or two to Walmart with your business track record. OTOH, talking about obese women's panties is another conversation entirely and best left with your therapist.

Funny thing about art education: No high-ranking company hires individuals from art school, or anyone who plays by a book.

We have to look at principles: What people enjoy looking at and the feelings they get from said pieces. All else can go fuck itself.

Anyways, my intuition tells me you're too personal, cbeast. Being nice all the time will get you nowhere. Speaking your mind will put you with people that respect you for you.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 01:19:18 AM

Funny thing about art education: No high-ranking company hires individuals from art school, or anyone who plays by a book.

I can't claim to know what this post references, but your statement above is untrue. All high level companies hire art design talent (or contract it via media companies filled with creative types).

Your statement reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend. He aspired to be a web designer/developer (not knowing the distinction between the two). I showed him a nice looking but simple website design. I asked him if he could have done that. He said that it was simple and he could have done that. I corrected him. I said he might have been able to recreate it with Photoshop and HTML, but assured him that's the easy part. The hard part was deciding that a pastel colored square would be in one place, and a fine white line somewhere else, and another colored rectangle in another place, and the color of the text would be white, and the mostly empty space would be in a certain ratio to space containing actual content, and the photo the site displayed would evoke a certain feel.
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 01:25:47 AM

I can't claim to know what this post references, but your statement above is untrue. All high level companies hire art design talent (or contract it via media companies filled with creative types).

It is not untrue. High level companies hire art design talent but a good portion of that talent will be self-taught.

There is no standard "art education". There is art people enjoy and there is art that people don't. What people enjoy is not easily quantified in a single school.

As for your last statement, I hope you are not implying there are just plug-in formulas for design. It's just simply being in tune with the human experience. What the human experience is can be measured but measurements alone can't simply generate what people enjoy.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:05:33 AM

It is not untrue. High level companies hire art design talent but a good portion of that talent will be self-taught.

Not as much as you thought.

There is no standard "art education". There is art people enjoy and there is art that people don't. What people enjoy is not easily quantified in a single school.

Your suppositions and preconceptions are half baked and deserve tweaking.

As for your last statement, I hope you are not implying there are just plug-in formulas for design.

Why in the world would you think I am implying such a thing?

It's just simply being in tune with the human experience. What the human experience is can be measured but measurements alone can't simply generate what people enjoy.

Your theories are half baked. Furthermore, you're confusing the selection and generation of ideas with the process of translating ideas to a medium with skill and knowledge of such processes.
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:16:14 AM

What an interesting set of statements. I guess it's good to know your thoughts on the matter.

Your reasons are left undeclared. What a shame.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 01:47:50 PM

What an interesting set of statements. I guess it's good to know your thoughts on the matter.

The majority of users here disagree with you, in case you were wondering why you have such a large piss-stain of an Ignore button. Therefore you have a much higher probability of being WRONG, and need to seriously reconsider your failed position on pretty much everything. Either that or go play in the road.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 01:55:17 PM

More Atlas thoughts that are stated as FACT!

Monkeys have a vestigial set of wings...  FACT!

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:37:20 PM

The majority of users here disagree with you, in case you were wondering why you have such a large piss-stain of an Ignore button. Therefore you have a much higher probability of being WRONG, and need to seriously reconsider your failed position on pretty much everything. Either that or go play in the road.

The majority of people on this planet let it get to the piss-stain it is today. I wouldn't listen to them, if I were you.

Having a darker ignore button only means that a large amount of people can't handle my posts; their fragile sensibilities are easily wrecked by my posts. It's flattering they allow me to have such an effect over their happiness. I would be concerned if people accepted my posts with little effort: It would mean I would only be shouting convenient lies.

If you're a slave, follow the crowd. If you are a man, use your own reason first.

A man chooses. A slave obeys.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:39:48 PM

The majority of people on this planet let it get to the piss-stain it is today. I wouldn't listen to them, if I were you.

If you're a slave, follow the crowd. If you are a man, use your own reason first.

The way you talk, Atlas, it reminds me of some people. Check out their homepage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims

Also, lawl @ your ignorant assumptions of what people outside of your locked bedroom do. Once again you've proved you get everything you know from other whiny loudmouths on youtube who are less knowledgeable and will believe anything so long as the person saying it gives the disclaimer "Beware of psychic energy created by this video or governments spying on you once you watch this!".

In a few years, we will see Atlas doing videos like these, except not intentionally funny.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:42:39 PM

The way you talk, Atlas, it reminds me of some people.

I have no restraints. That disturbs you because you are a highly restrained individual; possibly traumatized.

I knew you grew up in a rigid, disciplinary Christian home Matthew. Let's talk about it. How does it make you feel when somebody breaks the rules you grew up with? Do you feel a sense of jealousy? Resentment?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:52:35 PM

I have no restraints. That disturbs you because you are a highly restrained individual; possibly traumatized.
Yay, let's play 18-year old highly-unexperienced internet psychologist suffering from aspergers, OCD, split-personality disorder and ADD. You've proven your advice to be worthless time and time again. Why are you trying to continuously rack up points for the opposition? Does anyone in the world see the Christmas Special and think for a second I am "restrained"? God. Do you even try to respond anymore or are you just typing with your dick these days?

The only perpetual trauma going on around here, is the rape in the eyes that everyone gets from having to read your malformed and under achieved drivel.

"Look at me! Look at me! I learned a new word today!"

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:57:29 PM

Yay, let's play 18-year old highly-unexperienced internet psychologist suffering from aspergers, OCD, split-personality disorder and ADD. You've proven your advice to be worthless time and time again. Why are you trying to continuously rack up points for the opposition? Does anyone in the world see the Christmas Special and think for a second I am "restrained"? God. Do you even try to respond anymore or are you just typing with your dick these days?

The only perpetual trauma going on around here, is the rape in the eyes that everyone gets from having to read your malformed and under achieved drivel.

Heh, I am talking about morality here but you are certainly not too inhibited. I respect that, that's for sure.

Anyways, do you really think I like attention just for attention's sake? I find it flattering but it's not really that useful.

teflone

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:40:11 PM

The way you talk, Atlas, it reminds me of some people. Check out their homepage.

Also, lawl @ your ignorant assumptions of what people outside of your locked bedroom do. Once again you've proved you get everything you know from other whiny loudmouths on youtube who are less knowledgeable and will believe anything so long as the person saying it gives the disclaimer "Beware of psychic energy created by this video or governments spying on you once you watch this!".

In a few years, we will see Atlas doing videos like these, except not intentionally funny.

Exactly what I was saying...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
teflone

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:44:57 PM

This also is exactly how I think about Atlas..  Raping of the eyes, and a word of the day calander...

And yes Atlas, you like attention, in the same way a lonely person needs friends..  someone to talk to..

Go back to 4 chan, or I assume, they treat you worse than here, and so you stick around here because more people put up with your uninformed drivel..

We need to boycott Atlas, for realz...

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:01:08 PM

I wonder, if he believes in freedom for everyone, down with the police, government is bad, etc would he turn anyone in to the police if he knew that were going to murder him?

teflone

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:07:25 PM

I wonder, if he believes in freedom for everyone, down with the police, government is bad, etc would he turn anyone in to the police if he knew that were going to murder him?

Of course!  he reeks of that type, complain all day long about the "guv" and the "Po po's"

Yet be the first to call the by law officer when someone with a dog shits in his yard..

Then tell his mom how good he did by calling them, then mommy puts a gold star on the calendar, beside the other gold star for having a bowel movement all by himself that day.

2 gold stars(movements)..  one day..   Epic!

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:16:05 PM

I admire the man who lets his dog shit in my yard. I would invite him in for a glass of Cabernet.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:19:53 PM

Additionally, I am very well armed. I dare any man to come murder me. I would love the challenge.

teflone

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:25:19 PM

I admire the man who lets his dog shit in my yard. I would invite him in for a glass of Cabernet.

Exactly my point..

Of course you would, because it dosent affect you, your parents would be the ones to clean it up..

What does a kid care about a shit in his parents yard...

And the Cabernet, stole from your parents..  

Atlas..  do you ever read what you write ?  

Are you capable of putting yourself in someone elses shoes, (older shoes), then reading posts like this from a child?

Do you realize what a douche you come off as ?

Do you write like this, with this purpose in mind ?

Why do you insist on being this moron you try so hard to ensure everyone thinks of you ?

Uhhhhhhhh...  duped again!

Engagement of ridiculum..  this is what Atlas lives for...  

dammit..  now im the idiot..

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:25:41 PM

Additionally, I am very well armed. I dare any man to come murder me. I would love the challenge.
Sounds more and more like the sociopathic serial killer. Challenge indeed.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: