Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 05:51:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing to see here...  (Read 2518 times)
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:57:42 PM

That's an interesting concept, because I'm pretty that's exactly what you are.
I'm trying to help people from losing their money. That makes me the good guy, and you the troll.

You would need to know way much more of economics than you do to be a good guy, at the best you're a guy with good intentions.
Probably you joined high and sold low and therefore got upset on bitcoin. Too bad... that's how economics works, not with a 3% interest rate at some bank in a scam you know nothing about and that eventually will run out in a slowly burn ponzi scheme.

I bought back in spring of 2013 at just shy of $100 a coin, and liquidated the remainder of my position earlier this week. Much has changed since that time, and I am open minded enough to recognize the current price level is unsustainable and is likely to continue to follow this bear trend for at least several more months. As a result, I'm doing what I can to counter all the bull talk around here and provide people with realistic expectations, not, "OMG!!1! ATH next month buy while you still have chance!11!!"

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:01:12 PM

a), b), c) and d)
I'm not hysterically saying "buy" or "hold", just giving my 2 cents. Do whatever you want.
There is no such thing as realistic perspectives in a speculation market, unless some external event come to effect over bitcoin, which it didn't so far. For the rest is pretty much as valid for me to say the bleed will last about 1 month as it is for you to start shouting "OMG! Sell now!" - which sounds like "I want to re-enter but this is F expensive now".

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:11:41 PM

I'm trying to help people from losing their money. That makes me the good guy, and you the troll. I don't know how many times this year I've seen bubble predictions for the next month, and absurd claims of all time highs "right around the corner". They've all been false, and people need to be held to account for it. If that makes *me* a troll, then so be it.

It's not your place to be giving financial advice or playing the savior. If you're shouting that the sky is falling and bitcoin is dying, what happens if someone sells based on your opinion and the price rebounds? How should we hold you accountable?

We're all big kids here, we know what we're getting into.

Also, you're a troll. Back to ignore with you.
kireinaha

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:33:28 PM

It's not your place to be giving financial advice or playing the savior. If you're shouting that the sky is falling and bitcoin is dying, what happens if someone sells based on your opinion and the price rebounds? How should we hold you accountable?

We're all big kids here, we know what we're getting into.

Also, you're a troll. Back to ignore with you.

I have no way of knowing how far it will drop from here. Given the absence of a strong rebound, it seems apparent that it will drop further into the $400s, but I cannot say anything with certainty. It needs to be observed day by day.

I am not proclaiming a fall to $1, but rather I am warning those who are willing to listen to exercise caution in this market. A lot of people are losing their shirts right now for getting carried away by the bullish statements around here.

And I had you on ignore first. So back to ignore with you, troll  Cheesy

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:49:25 PM

You are never getting your goxbux back kireinaha.

As for "the mainstream", they are not who will fuel the next bubble. First ones were fueled by ultranerds, then super nerds, then regular nerds. Now it's Big Money, the kind that frontruns Joe Average. Next one will be fueled by the slacker type of big money, and finally worldwide Joe adoption will top things off.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:53:40 PM

Big Money ain't stupid enough to enter this ponzi scheme.
kireinaha

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:55:23 PM

You are never getting your goxbux back kireinaha.

As for "the mainstream", they are not who will fuel the next bubble. First ones were fueled by ultranerds, then super nerds, then regular nerds. Now it's Big Money, the kind that frontruns Joe Average. Next one will be fueled by the slacker type of big money, and finally worldwide Joe adoption will top things off.

Somehow I completely bypassed MtGox and used other exchanges instead. Even back in spring 2013 when I got involved, people were saying horrible things about them, so I wisely steered clear.

You've got some pretty optimistic expectations... however, I see that big money has already gotten involved by investing VC money into the exchanges and third party payment processors... but not so much in the currency itself. There is guaranteed cash flows from investing in infrastructure, but bitcoin itself is far too speculative and a gamble for them to invest heavily, which is why it's not happening now and most likely will continue to not happen for the foreseeable future.

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:05:57 PM

So which bank/cc company are you a paid shill for? Lol
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:23:44 PM

Is it impossible to trace the movements of the IPO invested BTCs in ethereum to deduce if the price drop has anything to do? wasn't the address public for donations and IPO? you could see if they got sent to an exchang address or something, but of course these are generated randomly so we cant know ...

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:28:08 PM

Is it impossible to trace the movements of the IPO invested BTCs in ethereum to deduce if the price drop has anything to do? wasn't the address public for donations and IPO? you could see if they got sent to an exchang address or something, but of course these are generated randomly so we cant know ...

A couple of months ago I was just moving my coins to another wallet - for security only - and saw some drop in the price. It could be related, every time somebody sees like 5 or 10K moving around thinks it will end at an exchange to be dumped.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
exocytosis

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:30:02 PM

I'm just an ordinary guy telling people to leave the sinking Bitcoin ship before all their money is lost.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:31:58 PM

I'm just an ordinary guy telling people to leave the sinking Bitcoin ship before all their money is lost.
Ordinary. So, stupid. You shouldn't be here.

kireinaha

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:38:26 PM

Don't offend their delicate sensibilities. If you're not with them, then you're clearly a "paid shill" who's out to get them. Just plug your fingers in your ears and repeat after them, "We're going to $10,000. We're going to $10,000. The fundamentals have not changed. We're going to $10,000."

And then everything will be OK Smiley

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:42:58 PM

See the thing is, most of us long term bulls are basing our choice on logic, numbers, likely outcomes. Not emotion. Mocking us won't work to anywhere near the degree it would anywhere else. Just makes you look childish.

exocytosis

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:53:43 PM

Don't offend their delicate sensibilities. If you're not with them, then you're clearly a "paid shill" who's out to get them. Just plug your fingers in your ears and repeat after them, "We're going to $10,000. We're going to $10,000. The fundamentals have not changed. We're going to $10,000."

I know.
My favorite quote from the permabulls is probably this one:

This crash to $ 0.01 is healthy! It shows how strong Bitcoin is! It's needed to shake out all the weak hands! Now the next bull market can finally start!
BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:00:01 PM

What I'm start to see is a correlation between the drops and number of trolls around.  Roll Eyes

Do you guys realize that all you look is like one of those wackos with a billboard saying "The end is near", don't you?
But why should we care about you? Eventually BTC will trend up and you all will just get back to the shadows, to return at the next drop... if not with trolling nicks like fallllllllllling or so.

|

|
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:05:15 PM

And then everything will be OK Smiley

Yep, I'm clearly offended lol  Roll Eyes

I just call 'em like I see 'em chief.
kireinaha

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:16:12 PM

What I'm start to see is a correlation between the drops and number of trolls around.  Roll Eyes

Do you guys realize that all you look is like one of those wackos with a billboard saying "The end is near", don't you?
But why should we care about you? Eventually BTC will trend up and you all will just get back to the shadows, to return at the next drop... if not with trolling nicks like fallllllllllling or so.

Well, if hellfire and brimstone was falling from the sky, I might start to take their advice a bit more seriously!

Should you not heed sensible advice about bitcoin when it has been falling in value all year?

On the contrary, the bitcoiner evangelists here sound much like fellows like Harold Camping and his bullshit prophecies... "Salvation coming soon for the true believers. Buy in now while you still have time to join us in the heavenly kingdom of $10,000 per coin!"

nothing happens.

"This time I'm super cereal! Buy in now before it's too late!"

BCEmporium (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:51:14 PM

Nobody is talking about 10k a coin, and honestly by your doomsday prophecy behaviour I would bet one of those 10k wackos is you under another nick during an uptrend.

|

|
kireinaha

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:44:55 AM

Nobody is talking about 10k a coin, and honestly by your doomsday prophecy behaviour I would bet one of those 10k wackos is you under another nick during an uptrend.

Now you're just being intellectually dishonest. Right on the front page this morning:

Quote from: rpietila
The trendline shows how much behind we are currently. The price shows the daily birth rate. I am writing this from a castle that I bought with money earned by trading Bitcoin based on the very premise I have explained to you here.

I believe that the next one might carry us north of $10,000. The longer time we spend here, the more explosive it gets

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: