Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:31:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to face the truth and cash out while it's still worth something  (Read 1946 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:39:27 AM

In order to make money someone else has to lose money.

This is not true.  All forms of currency are IOUs to be redeemed for something of worth in the future.  Technically, the asset price could rise forever, and then the sun explodes killing everyone before too many IOUs being cashed in creates a tsunami in the market.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:40:13 AM

Do you think a toy would be worth thousands of dollars and used by major retailers?  That's where we are heading man. There's nothing now that indicates to me that bitcoin is going down the tubes.
Bitobsessed

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:11:37 AM

Bitcoin is a little toy that's been played out

Unless you've been here since the single digits, I don't think you have the authority to make such claims.

as someone who has been here since sub single digits, it is possible to get stuck in one's own little echo chamber.

but when i step back and look at the progress since i first learned about Bitcoin, the only change i see is massive progress.  it's come further, faster than i ever expected.  and it's still only 2014, with my outer bound time limit being 2020.

1.  protocol still intact w/o a major hack or bust
2.  mining security still growing exponentially-makes me calm and happy.
3.  significant merchant adoption beyond expectations with Dell, DISH, Overstock, Expedia being great examples.  and there are more coming.  and they WILL begin offering discounts to lure buyers.
4.  record # wallets-blockchain.info >2M
5.  numerous positive news articles all over the world of adoption successes.  this protects against a major adversary like the US gubmint.
6.  derivatives exchanges beginning to be established to provide greater liquidity and depth (gotta be careful about this to prevent naked shorting, but still overall a positive).
7.  ASIC mining companies pushing the limits of 20nm and lower tech.  soon Intel and AMD will follow.
8.  improvements in wallet security.  i don't understand how ppl keep getting hacked.  i've never lost a coin. Roll Eyes
9.  certain gubmints lightening up and looking more positively on Bitcoin unlike the NY clowns.  places like Switzerland, UK, Singapore, etc.  The discord will guarantee that Bitcoin flourishes somewhere.
10.  gold and silver faltering-a move of just 5% out of that market into Bitcoin will jack the price.
11.  stock mkt potentially topping-i think problems in the real economy will help Bitcoin with flows seeking safety.
12.  bond mkts at all time highs-if we get a rise in interest rates, same thing.  5% of flows from there into Bitcoin will jack the price.
13.  forex mkts-largest mkt of all with only one direction for the future values of all fiat-->DOWN.  5% flow from that mkt will jack the price.
14.  real estate starting to suffer again-avg Joe looking for yield no where to be found except maybe Bitcoin. it is The People's Money after all.
15.  halving of the block reward 2 yrs out.  we'll probably get a huge rally as that draws near.  now's the time to buy when others are selling.  they'll be back for sure.

I could not have said it better.  In fact most days I am speechless as to how far this "experiment" has come.

Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:58:05 PM

No facts, reasons or whatever?
Welcome to my ignore list.

I'm not sure what's the point in announcing that you put someone on ignore...

It just feels so sweet. Welcome to my ignore list to!
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:58:48 PM

no comment.  Grin

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:59:27 PM

Fine throw your coins away. Something with "weak hands". Enjoy your monopoly money.
DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:50:03 PM

Anyone selling now is going to seriously regret it by the end of the year, mark my words!
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2222
Merit: 3255

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:54:11 AM

Unless you've been here since the single digits, I don't think you have the authority to make such claims.

as someone who has been here since sub single digits, it is possible to get stuck in one's own little echo chamber.

but when i step back and look at the progress since i first learned about Bitcoin, the only change i see is massive progress.  it's come further, faster than i ever expected.  and it's still only 2014, with my outer bound time limit being 2020.

1.  protocol still intact w/o a major hack or bust
2.  mining security still growing exponentially-makes me calm and happy.
3.  significant merchant adoption beyond expectations with Dell, DISH, Overstock, Expedia being great examples.  and there are more coming.  and they WILL begin offering discounts to lure buyers.
4.  record # wallets-blockchain.info >2M
5.  numerous positive news articles all over the world of adoption successes.  this protects against a major adversary like the US gubmint.
6.  derivatives exchanges beginning to be established to provide greater liquidity and depth (gotta be careful about this to prevent naked shorting, but still overall a positive).
7.  ASIC mining companies pushing the limits of 20nm and lower tech.  soon Intel and AMD will follow.
8.  improvements in wallet security.  i don't understand how ppl keep getting hacked.  i've never lost a coin. Roll Eyes
9.  certain gubmints lightening up and looking more positively on Bitcoin unlike the NY clowns.  places like Switzerland, UK, Singapore, etc.  The discord will guarantee that Bitcoin flourishes somewhere.
10.  gold and silver faltering-a move of just 5% out of that market into Bitcoin will jack the price.
11.  stock mkt potentially topping-i think problems in the real economy will help Bitcoin with flows seeking safety.
12.  bond mkts at all time highs-if we get a rise in interest rates, same thing.  5% of flows from there into Bitcoin will jack the price.
13.  forex mkts-largest mkt of all with only one direction for the future values of all fiat-->DOWN.  5% flow from that mkt will jack the price.
14.  real estate starting to suffer again-avg Joe looking for yield no where to be found except maybe Bitcoin. it is The People's Money after all.
15.  halving of the block reward 2 yrs out.  we'll probably get a huge rally as that draws near.  now's the time to buy when others are selling.  they'll be back for sure.

Great post! I think we need a bi yearly summary topic like this. Things are moving so fast that you tend to forget were Bitcoin is coming from.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: