Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2024, 12:10:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Josh from bitfinex explains the "manipulation" drop to $451  (Read 2399 times)
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:39:35 PM

How can he then explain the Total sum of active swaps (USD)? 5 days ago it was 31mil$ now is 21mil$?

Because people are selling.
hyphymikey (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:47:38 PM

Or what was maliciously dumped was leveraged longs that were opened long before (and still in the green), along with borrowed BTC they used to short. This way they maximize profit. The OTHER longs that were forced closed were only 650btc.

And at what point might a leveraged long trader have got in before $450-$500 and have their position still 'in the green', especially with compound interest to be paid on the position?

As usual, someone from Bitfinex opens their mouth and nothing but utter shite spews out. At least they are consistent/reliable/predictable.

I still have longs opened from $380 with calls at $220. I won't close them out until the bubble pops. It's worth it to me because I don't pay interest until the long is closed, you just borrow more to cover the interest. My mining gear alone covers the newly borrowed interest, so my accounts will not go under due to borrowing more. When we break 720ish I will double up those longs, and again above the next resistance, and again, and again. So if I'm doing it you can damn well bet manipulators are doing it, and have longs opened from the bottom they set back at 340. You can see on BFXdata a ton of shorts were used to reach that bottom, and from there the longs started rising.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: