Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:52:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: High Priority Transaction with Recommended Fee Unconfirmed *22* Blocks  (Read 2563 times)
BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:58:26 PM

Oddly enough though if I have adequately "aged" UTXOs I can send txs (that involve a large enough BTC amount) with *no fee* and they will appear generally in the very next block!
priority = sum(input_value_in_base_units * input_age)/size_in_bytes (source:https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees#Technical_info)

Input age (number of confirmations) and number of coins sent have a huge affect on transaction priority. (assuming the pools haven't changed the relevant settings too much.)

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 03:18:32 AM

Although I know the input age makes a big difference mining pools don't necessarily follow the "standard rules" when it comes to tx inclusion (so although pleased I was actually a little surprised that zero fee well aged txs are seemingly always preferred over adequately aged txs with the minimum fee).

To my thinking the pools would always prefer the txs with fees than those with none (and no-one can force them to include a tx).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: