Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:11:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Hacked Help Plz!  (Read 14971 times)
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:58:39 AM

Well I can confirm that the signed message I received via PM comes from the address he's listed in the cached version of his post. Hence, I can say with almost full confidence that bayuo is in fact the real owner.

@bayuo: I would advise you send theymos a PM with all the information he's requested as stated here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

Please do so in a single PM. If he doesn't respond in a couple of days - send it once more, he does occasionally miss some PMs. I've already PM'ed Stunna so hopefully the hacker won't get any profit from this venture.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bayuo (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:11:38 PM

Well I can confirm that the signed message I received via PM comes from the address he's listed in the cached version of his post. Hence, I can say with almost full confidence that bayuo is in fact the real owner.

@bayuo: I would advise you send theymos a PM with all the information he's requested as stated here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

Please do so in a single PM. If he doesn't respond in a couple of days - send it once more, he does occasionally miss some PMs. I've already PM'ed Stunna so hopefully the hacker won't get any profit from this venture.

Thanks for confirming and Vouching for me!!! Appreciate it alot!! Im going to PM theymos again!!

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:41:56 PM

When you get your account back send a personal message to  the people who gave negative trust on the account.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:03:51 PM

When you get your account back send a personal message to  the people who gave negative trust on the account.

From the conversations above it seems that the account really got stolen (not Hacked ~ Hackers dont steal).

As I can see, there is no -ve on this account => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=87896. I guess no trusted member has left -ve on it.

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:07:16 PM

From the conversations above it seems that the account really got stolen (not Hacked ~ Hackers dont steal).

As I can see, there is no -ve on this account => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=87896. I guess no trusted member has left -ve on it.

There are some untrusted feedback on there and if that was my account I would want that removed when I got my account back.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
pazor_true
Legendary

Activity: 1460
Merit: 1025

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:18:57 PM

your account was hacked?
i am sorry for that.

first of all. realize that your old account is gone and never ever will return to your controll. that is fact.
do not pay any ransom
make a new account and live with that.
no one will restore your old account. to be safe let the old account freezed by a mod. that is all what you can do.

btw
i lost my hero account a few months ago.

regards
pazor

BTC 12jiBjT2GSWYk2HwYdPqsQMuLqZ1br9D37 - i am Pazor
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:22:29 PM

your account was hacked?
i am sorry for that.

first of all. realize that your old account is gone and never ever will return t your controll. that is fact.
do not pay any ransom
make a new account and live with that.
no one will restore your old account. to be safe let the old account freezed by a mod. that is all what you can do.

btw
i lost my hero account a few months ago.

regards
pazor

No, stop misleading people. Hacked accounts can be recovered, if you'd even bothered to read this thread, you would find that there are 2 methods of recovering the account. He can perfectly get his account back now that he proved his Deity.
pazor_true
Legendary

Activity: 1460
Merit: 1025

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:30:04 PM

after around 100 signed messages to theymos in a period of more than 3 months without reaction/action, i can say, i know what i am talking about...

Sad

but if he gets his account back, i am interrested in the trick to recover my account too

BTC 12jiBjT2GSWYk2HwYdPqsQMuLqZ1br9D37 - i am Pazor
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 01:38:03 PM

^^ I can easily proove its my account. What i need is to get the attention of a mod so they can disable the account until my proof is confirmed and the account is recovered.  

If you can prove it's your account please do so. I'm not exactly sure what disabling the account will do - anyway regardless, the most a mod could do for you is to ban the account in question for a period of time.

It looks like this user is trying to steal an account with zero proof of anything. If he had signed a message then theymos would have reset the password email for him so he can reset his password.

This is a new low for scammers.

I must say, given that the style of writing of your account has shifted a lot since (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=87896;sa=showPosts;start=80) I would consider you rather suspicious. Any explanation for that?
I do not have an explanation that I am willing to share publicly, however I do have timing and blockchain proof that I do in fact own this account that I am willing to share with theymos or any other global moderator that asks. I could also give proof to a very trusted member of this forum subject to my desecration however they would likely need to be on an escrow list and even then it would not be everyone that meets this criteria (I have no way of proving it to them but can give an explanation - I do have the ability to prove that I own this account to a global moderator as I can give them PM #s that show proof).

EDIT: I think there is a good reason that Theymos has not reset the email for this person (AFAIK this is not something he does publicly but if he had received a signed message and looked into the account he would likely see the evidence himself). 

EDIT: (separate issue - same edit) I had sent bayuo a PM over 7 hours ago, asking him what he is doing and have not received a response as of yet.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:56:11 PM

^^ I can easily proove its my account. What i need is to get the attention of a mod so they can disable the account until my proof is confirmed and the account is recovered.  

If you can prove it's your account please do so. I'm not exactly sure what disabling the account will do - anyway regardless, the most a mod could do for you is to ban the account in question for a period of time.

It looks like this user is trying to steal an account with zero proof of anything. If he had signed a message then theymos would have reset the password email for him so he can reset his password.

I must say, given that the style of writing of your account has shifted a lot since (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=87896;sa=showPosts;start=80) I would consider you rather suspicious. Any explanation for that?
I do not have an explanation that I am willing to share publicly, however I do have timing and blockchain proof that I do in fact own this account that I am willing to share with theymos or any other global moderator that asks. I could also give proof to a very trusted member of this forum subject to my desecration however they would likely need to be on an escrow list and even then it would not be everyone that meets this criteria (I have no way of proving it to them but can give an explanation - I do have the ability to prove that I own this account to a global moderator as I can give them PM #s that show proof).

EDIT: I think there is a good reason that Theymos has not reset the email for this person (AFAIK this is not something he does publicly but if he had received a signed message and looked into the account he would likely see the evidence himself). 

EDIT: (separate issue - same edit) I had sent bayuo a PM over 7 hours ago, asking him what he is doing and have not received a response as of yet.

Theymos and now BadBear may compare the IP range of the current owner with the IP range of the owner 2 years back. The same IP range may get compared to the IP range of the new claimant for independent verification.

p.s. There are downsides of this if any of the claimants demand that they have used TOR.

pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:02:55 PM

Theymos and now BadBear may compare the IP range of the current owner with the IP range of the owner 2 years back. The same IP range may get compared to the IP range of the new claimant for independent verification.

p.s. There are downsides of this if any of the claimants demand that they have used TOR.

So expanding on that. It's probably a good idea to login at least a few times with your real ip address? Can we get any conformation from staff if they check ip logs in case of hacked accounts.
bayuo (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:48:27 PM

I would be so glad if mods did an ip check!!

I just sent Theymos a second PM! Seems i found a bug whilst tripple checking my original signed msg i sent him!

I included "" quotes around my username and email address in the signed message like below which made verification fail!

Like i was telling Theymos .. It seems when i copied the signed msg from notepad to: "brainwallet.github.io/#verify" it worked fine and verified.

I wanted to check the output or how "Theymos" would see it so i pasted the same signed msg into the browser like any other post and clicked PREVIEW. Then i copied the results and tried to verify it and it DOES NOT!

I think it had to do with the quotes i used around my username and around my email address!

Here is the template i used that caused the "OUTPUTED" verification to fail!  

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hi my account "zedicus" got hacked.
Please reset the email to  "mynewemailaddress@here.com"
The current date is "8/13/2014"

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1A29gJEFXB2yJ7kVVmR7xrnZTj4yeumwyU

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

I have resent my signed msg to Theymos!  Hopefully he can clear this right up!

If anyone can find me Stunna i think he is the guy running the advertizing thing on the stolen sig!!

Stunna if you are reading this i can send you a signed msg from both my btc addresses associated with my Zedicus account!

Please dont let this thief profit from stealing my account!!

Thanks again for confirming!!

Hopefully Coinhoarder will Chime  in too when he gets my signed PM!! Relnarien too!!!!!!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:59:03 PM

This is a perfect example of why I don't want to restore accounts (for the most part).  While bayuo obviously did control the Zedicus account at one point, and is probably the original owner, there appears to be a pretty good reason he doesn't anymore (I won't elaborate for privacy reasons). Though there really is no way to be positive either way.

Exemplifies perfectly what I was saying the other day about signing addresses not being conclusive proof that the person signing *should* be in control of that account.  

Can we get any conformation from staff if they check ip logs in case of hacked accounts.

Yes, but it isn't conclusive proof anymore than signing an address is, just a piece of evidence.  

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:09:35 PM

This is a perfect example of why I don't want to restore accounts (for the most part).  While bayuo obviously did control the Zedicus account at one point, and is probably the original owner, there appears to be a pretty good reason he doesn't anymore (I won't elaborate for privacy reasons). Though there really is no way to be positive either way.

Exemplifies perfectly what I was saying the other day about signing addresses not being conclusive proof that the person signing *should* be in control of that account.  

Can we get any conformation from staff if they check ip logs in case of hacked accounts.

Yes, but it isn't conclusive proof anymore than signing an address is, just a piece of evidence.  

hmm... smells like something happened in a certain section under marketplace... if I'm not wrong Wink

bayuo (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:13:45 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 03:27:38 PM by bayuo

Thanks for chiming in!!

Please elaborate!!! I give you full permission !!! I have nothing to hide in anyway!!

I just dont understand why changing email accounts doesnt require email verification!

Like when you want to change a password most sites require you to know the old password!!

This thief stole my account and changed the email address associated with the account...

He does not have access to my email or btc addresses ! A simple email verification check to change email addresses would have stopped this guy dead in his tracks!!  Sad

This guy nailed it right on the head!  

I took a look at the account's post history and your claim is looking to be more credible by the moment. As anyone can check, the original owner of the account was quite sporadic in posting. Then suddenly, August 14 comes and the account suddenly makes close to 80 posts in just a couple of days. The speed at which the posts are made is clearly due to the PD advertising found in the signature. If bayuo is indeed telling the truth, then someone prolly hacked the account in order to sell the account to a fool or to participate in a signature campaign himself/herself. I would recommend contacting Stunna about this matter as well, since payday is on the 17th. If bayuo can prove his/her claim, then we can stop any payments to the hacker. If not, then we can all vouch for zedicus in the future.
bayuo (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:33:58 PM

Hey BadBear!

Can you or another mod temp ban my "Zedicus" account till this is sorted! Huh

deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:12:35 PM

I think we are forgetting one thing, there is another chance may be OP sold his account now try to recover
by trying to say his account hacked, there is big possibilities of this too.

But buying account, there is always possibilities of recover by old owner, that is why buying account is very risky.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:26:41 PM

In my opinion, bayuo is the only one providing solid evidence as to why the Zedicus account should be his. If we are going to assume that every time a situation like this pops up it is because a user sold his account, it can lead down a very slippery slope. I don't think that should be assumed unless this scenario happens to a user more than once or evidence is provided (IE. Screenshots of negotiations and payment transaction IDs.)

Anyways.. I am completely against the selling of forum accounts as they can only be used for nefarious purposes such as cheating coin giveaways, alt coin distributions, or signature campaigns. Or for simply scamming forum users by purchasing an account that people would trust by other means.

IMO, Bayuo has provided enough evidence to have his account back, unless the Zedicus account can provide some evidence to the contrary that the original owner of the account sold it to him. So far he has provided no evidence to support this claim.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 09:15:49 PM

In my opinion, bayuo is the only one providing solid evidence as to why the Zedicus account should be his. If we are going to assume that every time a situation like this pops up it is because a user sold his account, it can lead down a very slippery slope. I don't think that should be assumed unless this scenario happens to a user more than once or evidence is provided (IE. Screenshots of negotiations and payment transaction IDs.)

It makes perfect sense to show these information only to an admin as bought accounts are frowned upon. It is allowed, yet the community does not like it.

Anyways.. I am completely against the selling of forum accounts as they can only be used for nefarious purposes such as cheating coin giveaways, alt coin distributions, or signature campaigns. Or for simply scamming forum users by purchasing an account that people would trust by other means.

Thanks for making my point here.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
bayuo (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:13:14 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 10:30:46 PM by bayuo

IMO, Bayuo has provided enough evidence to have his account back, unless the Zedicus account can provide some evidence to the contrary that the original owner of the account sold it to him. So far he has provided no evidence to support this claim.

Hey CH!! Thanks for confirming my Signed msg!!

I did not in anyway Sell my user account or anyuser account for that matter EVER!!!

Except for this bayuo account i made to report this thief, Ive never had another bitcointalk account besides Zedicus!!!!

I have never participated in the selling of usernames of anything remotely related!!
In fact i just found out people were selling usernames at bitcointalk when i got a PM yesterday from a user named "quickseller"  who implied that i had such dealings but i did not reply. No doubt he is the scammer using another account because he didnt post it here, he sent a pm instead! Here is the pm in question..

its hard to make out wtf this guy is saying.. Looks like he sent the pm to another user with a similar name except with two "cc's" --->  ( " Zediccus " ) <<---- NOT MY ACCOUNT/ DIFFERENT SPELLING

This is the pm i got! like i said i have no doubt its the scammer trying to bait me into a conversation!

https://i.imgur.com/fPocOIX.jpg
http://imgur.com/fPocOIX

I have never replied to or talked to anyone regarding ANY account selling of any kind whatsoever!!!

I think we are forgetting one thing, there is another chance may be OP sold his account now try to recover
by trying to say his account hacked, there is big possibilities of this too.

But buying account, there is always possibilities of recover by old owner, that is why buying account is very risky.

AGAIN i have never ever sold my account or any accounts or anything remotely related! ( EVER )

In fact the only transactions ive made here at bitcointalk have been with CoinHoarder for a 14 btc transaction on a groupbuy, some potcoins i sold to some guy named devnullius... and I also made a donation to organofcorti, the guy who does the stats at http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/.

THATS IT!!! Outside of those, Ive never had any other transactions with anyone here at bitcointalk for any reason, let alone some fraudulent account related crap!!

Im trying to be 1000% percent transparent ive signed all the btc accounts related to my bitcointalk account Zedicus.

Im no doubt 1000% the owner of the account.

Im bending backwards to be transparent and the scammer who is still impersonating me hasnt posted any proof whats so ever!!  

I dont know what else to say! Like i said to BadBear when he posted! I wave all privacy rights if you think you have have some supposed proof POST THAT SHIT!  Im waving all my privacy rights because i know i didnt sell my account and or im not up to anything shady in any way!

I can 1000% percent verify that i did not sell my account or any account EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope i am being 1000% crystal clear to anyone who reads this, mods, theymos or otherwise!!!!

By the way!!! I believe this is the last time i had access to my account!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577437.msg7798338#msg7798338

I posted that!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: