Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:29:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE OUTBACK  (Read 7365 times)
mere-mortal (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:02:00 PM

This coin has no relation to  'Greenbacks'
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740744.560

This OP sucks also.

Fair enough, but no relation as you say. The link you posted is a considerable curve ball. It has required some rethinking, so OP will be updated shortly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sucksyd

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:26:41 PM

This is stupid.  Why don't you just focus on the one coin you have already launched? 

marvelous inquiry lol
CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:56:55 PM

Greenbacks

The best way to describe Greenbacks is ‘a constant between variables’. It is what binds Silverbacks and Diamondbacks to the cryptosphere.
The Greenback value is authenticated in two ways. Firstly, it is mined in a decentralised way, thus is not generated. Secondly, its relationship to Dosh(more on this later)

You really need to remove this or remove the s.
You are using a name of another coin, not cool!
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:22:47 PM

Greenbacks

The best way to describe Greenbacks is ‘a constant between variables’. It is what binds Silverbacks and Diamondbacks to the cryptosphere.
The Greenback value is authenticated in two ways. Firstly, it is mined in a decentralised way, thus is not generated. Secondly, its relationship to Dosh(more on this later)

You really need to remove this or remove the s.
You are using a name of another coin, not cool!

Thanks for pointing out the typo, I have corrected it.

I am also looking how to change things  to minimise confusion with Greenbacks
CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:19:16 PM

I am also looking how to change things  to minimise confusion with Greenbacks
It is well appreciated Smiley, good luck on your project
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:20:00 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 05:48:46 AM by mere-mortal

An independent crypto economy in the current environment is one that is not reliant on Bitcoin.

If one wanted to create an independent crypto economy you could follow various routes, Colored Coins, user generated or something like NXT, but most are either built to operate within the Bitcoin Blockchain, or are traded and valued by their relationship to Bitcoin. Secondly they invariably have some sort of centralised infrastructure.

Creating an independent crypto economy can be done in to ways
1)   Selling or promoting the idea
2)   Just doing it

I did take the route of promoting the idea of creating a group or collective of cryptos that have their own following and market. I did it on a forum other than this one, but found that that was met with a different kind of cynicism. The main block in taking that route was getting buy in in terms of effort.
So I took the second route, and just did it. I however needed to consider a few things.

Dosh on a linguistic level is understood and used by many people around the world to mean money. Another example of a crypto would be Monero = coin.

Everybody in every country knows what Silver and Diamonds are.

I believe that the cryptos I have put out there are marketable and can and will grow and exist, with or without being joined, but ideally would prefer that they are.

So the three cryptos I created needed to be able to exist, either in the environment that exists as it is now or be the founding cryptos of a new niche movement. I felt that people might be more likely to join and build a independent economy, if the ball was beginning to roll.

I have needed to think and in essence rebrand the consept, because If you look at the date of the OP of this thread and this thread, things were pretty close.
Effectively two different entities had the same idea for a name, and one beat the other to the punch. I liked the emotion and spirit of using the term Greenback as a hypothetical rebellion against the system. With reference to (Wiki)
My idea for Greenback was that it would start at a zero value, various cryptos within the economy would use it as a point of reference.
In simple terms “I can get x greenback for what I have and you can only get y greenbacks for what you have, therefore I will give you this much for what you have”

No great shakes, and yes, it is nothing new, but if you consider how many bases Bitcoin has to cover and how much effect any sort of news or regional legislation has, one might see the value in keeping things separate.

Having a unit of trade that’s value is determined by trade or transactions, rather than being the base and or what everything is valued against is also something to consider.

A complete rebrand will be implemented over this weekend, starting with Redback Inspired by this(Wiki)
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:36:08 PM

I have started a Giveaway for Redback (previously Greenback)
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:21:37 PM

More details would be great...

Edited OP with more details, more to come

More deets have been added to OP
Sammie Sna

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:42:36 PM

OK,the idea is interesting but we can discuss more details huh?
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:27:23 PM

OK,the idea is interesting but we can discuss more details huh?

I find it easier to answer direct questions, so if there are specific details you would like to disscuss, then by all means ask?
doitASAP

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:23:35 PM

same code over and over again,getting pretty ridiculous.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:37:37 PM

What is ridiculous about the code? That dose not seem to be a well thought out comment.
doitASAP

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:33:07 AM

BCN source code is copied and copied by many coins ,many of which including OUTBACK are without any innotivation.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:51:04 AM

BCN source code is copied and copied by many coins ,many of which including OUTBACK are without any innotivation.

Cryptonote, or BCN cryptos have not reached 20, pretty much every other Crypto out there draws from BTC( hundreds if not Thousands ) The roots and core of Cryptonote, Cryptonight or BCN have been in developement for a long time. In a nutshell it is a safe and scalable platform to build on.

And if it where that easy everyone would be doing it
doitASAP

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:06:51 PM

Cryptonote, or BCN cryptos have not reached 20, pretty much every other Crypto out there draws from BTC( hundreds if not Thousands ) The roots and core of Cryptonote, Cryptonight or BCN have been in developement for a long time. In a nutshell it is a safe and scalable platform to build on.

Yes,but I hope the following copycat add some new features ,like BBR creates the GUI wallet.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:58:53 PM

Yes,but I hope the following copycat add some new features ,like BBR creates the GUI wallet.

BBR is not the only CryptoNote coin with a GUI, DuckNote, Monero and BCN have them Available. Monero and Bytecoin offered a collective Bounty to create theirs and that work was past up the line and may very well be in line with whats out there now. Sometimes there is only on path to Take. Long term plan is to have a Muti-crypto GUI that will alow users to store their Silver and Diamonds, as well as have Their Currency of choice, This is very possible and can be implemented Quicker when using one particular Platform.

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:56:10 AM

To be a truly independent crypto economy is the main ambition and what separates the cryptos on what for now is known as the Outback. To create and build a base to build on that will not follow the same route as before requires a new outlook.

For the past week or so I have been working on creating a marketplace that is unique. It requires a departure from what has become the norm and therefore I need to have all the pieces on place.

I have been exploring the idea of having time zone trading floors(exchanges). What does that mean?

With current technology, it would seem logical to have a single exchange that is automated and online 24/7, I believe having trading floors that open and close have many advantages.

Firstly, every floor is cleared at the end of trading, meaning that nobody can store or leave their cryptos in storage.
Secondally, managing and executing withdrawals and deposits. This can be done in a more hands on way and issues can be dealt with in near real time.

Both of the above can also serve as an added layer of security. The Outback will not have closed doors to Established cryptos or fiat, as well as Nxt. The Trading floors will also need to fill the function of gateways.

As in the real world, There will be an opening time and a closing time, and there will be a slight overlap.

There will have to be a heavy vetting processes, to get 3 or 4 safe trading floors, but will start with one and expand from there. 

This week there was some positive news regarding a block explorer, And once I have ironed the finer details I will post a more detailed roadmap for making this possible.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:36:37 PM

Barring one or two I have listed the Outback Cryptos here

rhinoscantjump.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: