Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:42:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] MTGOX Bot  (Read 2761 times)
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 11:49:06 PM

Nice find.  same story.  Roll Eyes at the return on the screenshot.

There is no such bot that is effective over any length of time. The algorithm in such a bot will prove extremely ineffective and will lose money.

And, what a crock of shit that the bot was "properly backtested" against BTC/USD in June/July of last year. Not enough data points to be valid. (still not really enough today!)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 03:32:10 PM

I, too, come from a poker botting background and I am fairly familiar with the bots out there.  I also ran a service for remote botting to select clientele to obfuscate IP addresses to run 30 or 40 tables at once.  Can you tell me what bot(s) you had a hand in, because I can easily verify the information.  I jumped ship when FTP stole my accounts and several thousand dollars of bot winnings and took up bitcoin mining.  

Max is swimming around these forums, but I don't think it's really MiM... just someone who appropriated his name.  

But, there was a question posed awhile back which was never adequately answered I don't think - what does this bot do that you can't already do in MtGox's Buy/Sell option, since you can put orders in for coins you don't have, etc... and at whatever price you want.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
bigd555 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 02:56:41 AM

I, too, come from a poker botting background and I am fairly familiar with the bots out there.  I also ran a service for remote botting to select clientele to obfuscate IP addresses to run 30 or 40 tables at once.  Can you tell me what bot(s) you had a hand in, because I can easily verify the information.  I jumped ship when FTP stole my accounts and several thousand dollars of bot winnings and took up bitcoin mining.  

Max is swimming around these forums, but I don't think it's really MiM... just someone who appropriated his name.  

But, there was a question posed awhile back which was never adequately answered I don't think - what does this bot do that you can't already do in MtGox's Buy/Sell option, since you can put orders in for coins you don't have, etc... and at whatever price you want.

I never said I made poker bots I said I botted with the game runescape.  I did state that this keeps constant watch on the price of bitcoins allowing you to buy and sell not day by day or hour by hour but minute by minute... That allows you to buy and sell making you little money at each deal but alot in the long run.

Nice find.  same story.  Roll Eyes at the return on the screenshot.

There is no such bot that is effective over any length of time. The algorithm in such a bot will prove extremely ineffective and will lose money.

And, what a crock of shit that the bot was "properly backtested" against BTC/USD in June/July of last year. Not enough data points to be valid. (still not really enough today!)

I never once said I backtested since june of last year... I have been using and tweaking this for the past 7 months roughly... And I heard one of those bots that were listed was a scam...
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 03:22:18 AM

Oh sorry, it was Clipse who said that, I thought it was you.  My mistake.

Ok, so it allows you to buy and sell minute by minute - how does this differ from what MtGox offers?  I'm honestly curious.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 04:04:06 AM

I never once said I backtested since june of last year... I have been using and tweaking this for the past 7 months roughly... And I heard one of those bots that were listed was a scam...

I was referring to the bot in the posted link that has a strikingly similar marketing story to yours.

You did not claim to have backtested your bot. The other bot made a claim.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: