Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] MTGOX Bot  (Read 2761 times)
bigd555 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:00:11 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2012, 08:42:20 PM by bigd555

This bot will monitor MTGOX in the background and will buy bitcoins at whatever price you set, and then sell them at the price you set. All you need is a computer that is onlline, and this bot has the option to start when windows starts. I myself have made 7k on this bot and I started with 500.00 in my account. The bot makes its own browser so you dont have to worry about it opening firefox, chrome, IE, or whatever you browser you use. I recommend you use this in a VM for the first time just in case. I am only selling 8 because I have already sold 2 to my friends and I dont want too many out there so it would ruin the bitcoin economy.

Due to mtgox being able to ban someone just by showing how much is in your account and how many bitcoins you have I cannot post a pic, unless you want a pic of just the bot in action with the browser x out.

The price is 10 bitcoins each or best offer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:07:06 PM

How much time it took you for 7k?

I dont know why you are selling, if you made 7k from 500?
That is 1400%  Undecided

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:16:24 PM

This doesn't make sense. If you can make 7k on it, why do ya even bother selling for 80 BTC($350-400)? That is like 7% of what you earned.
tarrant_01

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:50:09 PM

I guess I dont understand either. If I go to MtGox, I can set a buy and sell price there too.  What's different about the bot than just trading through MtGox?

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:31:48 PM

This bot will monitor MTGOX in the background and will buy bitcoins at whatever price you set, and then sell them at the price you set. All you need is a computer that is onlline, and this bot has the option to start when windows starts. I myself have made 7k on this bot and I started with 500.00 in my account. The bot makes its own browser so you dont have to worry about it opening firefox, chrome, IE, or whatever you browser you use. I am only selling 8 because I have already sold 2 to my friends and I dont want too many out there so it would ruin the bitcoin economy.

Due to mtgox being able to ban someone just by showing how much is in your account and how many bitcoins you have I cannot post a pic, unless you want a pic of just the bot in action with the browser x out.

The price is 10 bitcoins each or best offer.

Also, I don't see why MTGox will ban you for using bots to trade as they will earn even more commission. They even offer you trading API's.
fabrizziop

Activity: 506

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 06:02:51 PM

I doubt I can trust a guy with 10 posts that claims that has a bot, with no proof, that earns money at a 14:1 rate by trading. I would ask for escrow at least, and run it sandboxed inside a VM.
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:16:26 PM

Huh I can do that on MtGoX buy or sell at any price. You can enter the price and amount to sell an than the same to buy you don't even have to have enough funds until the price and amount are met so whats so smart about that bot?

Hodling since 2011.®
guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:33:53 PM

I have yet to see a ForEx bot for sale that was cheap, and not a scam.

What's the W/L ratio? Show me a backtest over the last 24 months, and show some non-falsified ledgers with proof of performance. I wouldn't want it for Gox, I'd want it for bitcoinica but then I want ot know What's the bot's worst recorded drawdown?

If a guy writes a good bot, it's usually given away for free. If a guy writes an awesome bot, it's bloody expensive. USD$45? LOLOLOL!

If I'm a guy who wrote a ForEx bot, know what else I'm probably not gonna do? Sell you the bot with the source code!

Flipside of that?  If anyone thinks they're going to sell a bot w/o source code on this forum, I think they're high. I'm sure as hell not giving you the keys to my money without knowing exactly what your code does.

There are a few bot threads going. I'm looking at hacking up the chrome browser based bot that's going around. I'm also looking at a couple python bots.

I have seen one or two bot offers here that looked like potentially real product. I want to say they wanted more on the lines of BTC1000-1500 That's much more sensible.

(selling trading tools is considerably less risky than using them!!! - not unlike selling mining rigs is much less risky than mining)

Even if the OP is a real and true offer, the bot is exceptionally unlikely to be so. No amount of rep or number of posts would get me to bite on such an opportunity. ForEx bots are one of the scams du jour.

likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:02:27 PM

Don't think a 1400% gain has been possible for over a year, if it was possible then. Haven't done the math...

bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:20:45 PM

The thing is, the bot is being sold with the source code. Well actually with 1 part taken out, the auth system so it cannot be circumvented. The bot is easily done but highly affective. The reason that it is better than you buying and selling yourself is that it will buy faster and sell faster than you can do yourself. It also works when your not on, if your computer is on.

Also I come from building bots for games and then selling them. I think i am able to be compensated alittle bit for my bots. One part of the deal when buying the bot is making a post and give me a little bit of praise so I can start to earn more respect on my own.

Also its a small price to pay, and if I was a scammer then I would be banned after the first sale. 10 bitcoins are a small price to pay to ban a scammer and then make fun of him/me. But if it is real then its a small price to pay for a bot to do quick sales on mtgox.

So its up to you... I am just posting to sell the 8 bots. I dont care if you think I am scamming. The first person to buy will see and then you will all be put in your places.
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 08:24:35 PM

So you take out the part of the code that sends the login info to yourself? Great! Angry Still seems really suspicious! I suggest partnering with one of the respected members of the forum and allow them to review your entire source code and test out the bot to determine its validity.

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:41:28 PM

I highly recommend you run this in a VM for the first time. Also any antivirus would pick up the program as a keylogger if it sends your login info to me. So stop posting stupid posts if you don't like what I am trying to sell. I will also send the Md5 along with it.
ataranlen

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 08:46:48 PM

I've seen more than enough malware to know you can't always trust what your AV says.

Also, What good does the MD5 do unless multiple people buy it? Its not like the MD5 is posted along with your download on some trusted site, is it?

It's not stupid, I'm just suggesting what you should do to build some credibility. And it's not that I don't like what you're trying to sell, I just don't have any good reason to trust you yet.

guruvan

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:50:48 PM

So you take out the part of the code that sends the login info to yourself? Great! Angry Still seems really suspicious! I suggest partnering with one of the respected members of the forum and allow them to review your entire source code and test out the bot to determine its validity.

ah yeah. The only source you don't get is the auth? red flag.

Nevertheless, you have not even suggested the system that the bot uses, so there is no way to evaluate the claims you're making about the bot. at the very least I'd need to evaluate the trading methodology, and honestly i'd have to be able to backtest the bot somehow before wanting to spend money on it.

If you were to do as ataranlen suggests, you should also have the respected member run a backtest on it so we can see the theoretical historical performance of the bot. If you cannot do this, or do not know what one is, I suggest that no sane person should allow that bot access to their money.

Without reviewing 100% of the code and without understanding the nature of the bot, it's asking to throw money away (whether to you, or as most ForEx traders, just to the market Smiley

A quote from Steve Hopwood who builds many ForEx bots:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=128
SERIOUS WARNING

Most Forex traders lose all their money.
Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
To trade this robot, you have to understand [its, sic] trading ststem - and if you cannot understand that, then time to give up on Forex trading..

His points are for a freely downloadable (w/ source) MT4 EA (bot). These equally apply to any bot, even if it cost you 5000BTC

I would like you to succeed, but I hope that you understand that "ForEx bot" is widely recognized as financial-speak for "scam" all over the internet - it's not anything personal.

furthmore, In my reading of the forums, it is almost always the case that the person who gets upset and defensive when people pop up in a thread warning of potential scams, that the user in question has been later determined to be a scammer. I may have only signed up recently, but, check the logs - I read A LOT.

I would highly recommend that you consider the advice of the more senior members of the forum if you'd like your offers to be taken seriously. trusting a piece of software with access to money is serious, and people are definitely interested in trading bots (this week, for realz!)

No one is trying to suggest that you're trying to be dishonest, or a scammer. behaviors and products raise red flags. If you are not the person that the red flag is about, then you'll have no trouble at all helping people trust you more Smiley

bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:01:44 PM

do you guys realize that if I gave you the auth code then you could freely distribute the bot after you get it? that would mean I would then get no more cash and the mtgox economy would then be squashed... you need to think about this before you post. I already said that if you dont believe it then you dont have to buy it. Its simple. Buy the bot or dont. Its 10 bitcoins.... thats nothing. That is less than a days work for most of you.

I am about to just delete my first post and just say screw it and keep it for myself and 2 IRL friends.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:13:55 PM

I'd be interested in it, would like to see some screenshots/proof/etc first though before I sent any BTC.
guruvan

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:27:24 PM

do you guys realize that if I gave you the auth code then you could freely distribute the bot after you get it? that would mean I would then get no more cash and the mtgox economy would then be squashed...

squash the mt gox economy?  Shocked

I think we both thought you meant the mtgox auth source code. However, any lack of source code is suspect. There are other ways to enforce software licensing than closing source code.

I am about to just delete my first post and just say screw it and keep it for myself and 2 IRL friends.

This is the one of the other most common red flags.

Again, it's not that we don't like the offer - it's just a very hard-to-trust offer, and, just as I would have to do to make any offer on this forum, as a Jr. Member, you're going to have to go out of your way to become trusted. I'm not sure that's something worth taking as an offense.

(FWIW, if a Sr. Member of this board posted such an offer, I'd have the same response about the bot! - but the general trust issue would be less, right?)

bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:58:34 PM

Dude I have been selling programs I have made for longer than you have been searching forums of any kind. There is no red flags, that you speak of. If you know anything you know that any virus scan will show anything that will send your password to me and will flag it as a keylogger. Holding back a string of code is not suspect. Also if I close this post that is not another "red flag" it shows that I am getting tired of the bull shit that everyone is spewing and I will keep it for myself....

If you make a post that you are selling a xbl membership code and people start calling you a scammer for no reason and you see that no one is going to buy it, and then you delete the post. It is not a "red flag". The same goes for me....

So please if your not going to buy then please insulting me and my character.
ataranlen

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 10:22:47 PM

Related:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28268.0

I come from pokerbotting background and I can tell you that as soon as someone provides a profitable botting solution it comes right after it stopped being profitable.

Providing backtesting will likely result in profitable results however that is the past(and yes it very well may have been profitable until now)

Could you explain why you are selling this now, since your overall profit looks mighty fine and if this is as profitable as you claim then there would be no reason for you wanting to increase competition in the small market we all trade in.

You mention that you dont have enough capital to earn money with your bot, but you actually present pretty decent profits with the $5000 starting balance ?

If you raise enough money to trade profitable(again, I dont understand since you are trading profitable allready) wont you simply compete against the 10 copies sold? (not to mention the 10 copies sold will be copied to friends/family and even resold)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=10065.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65365.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=57406.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=11266.0

bigd555 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:53:25 PM

Related:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28268.0

I come from pokerbotting background and I can tell you that as soon as someone provides a profitable botting solution it comes right after it stopped being profitable.

Providing backtesting will likely result in profitable results however that is the past(and yes it very well may have been profitable until now)

Could you explain why you are selling this now, since your overall profit looks mighty fine and if this is as profitable as you claim then there would be no reason for you wanting to increase competition in the small market we all trade in.

You mention that you dont have enough capital to earn money with your bot, but you actually present pretty decent profits with the $5000 starting balance ?

If you raise enough money to trade profitable(again, I dont understand since you are trading profitable allready) wont you simply compete against the 10 copies sold? (not to mention the 10 copies sold will be copied to friends/family and even resold)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=10065.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65365.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=57406.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=11266.0

And? If you read my post in newbie forum called "hey all" I explained why I did not impliment the MTGOX API... I do not have to implement it to make a good bot, infact I have tried to do so but I couldnt so I have made a better bot than that which I did when I tried implementing the API. Also bitscalper was a scam so dont try putting scams in here and say they are a reputable source.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: