Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:14:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Halcyon - x15 POS - Cryptsy Bittrex - Dev Slow but Continue  (Read 193754 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kryptos

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:07:54 PM

The anon code in HAL is not the CRYPT project code. The anon code in HAL is new and a completely separate project. The HAL project has taken on help from a few developers, graphic artists, and some others who work as freelancers, to help meet all needed goals and complete projects. Many of these people were the early miners and/or investors. Most projects get added support from early adopters, through the first pages of the thread the original developer asked for help. HAL has done nothing but deliver on promises and goals and tech, the developer or developers cannot be blamed for the ridiculous swings in price. This is manipulation, plain and simple. You can see in the market, 30 btc of buys at 20k. This is not support for a pump, this is unfair players waiting for you to dump your coins to them, because they're betting that HAL will continue to meet its goals and rise once again. The mood of the thread follows the swings of the price, and these manipulators have done some serious damage to the price by causing a drop from 60k to 20k when there was nothing wrong and the promised anon implementation was released on time. Nobody will trust sleeping while holding HAL after such obscene swings in price, and it's upsetting. It makes no sense - the price rises to the moon and everybody was so jolly when HAL was just a shitty proof of stake only coin with no features whatsoever, an ugly graphic, a bad ANN, and no website. As soon as the developer released Peersend anonymous system, contracted a professional logo, had code reviewed by a trusted developer, and posts pictures of website progress, the price does nothing but drop. It's like the community begs to be scammed, they love the promises and hype and don't give a care about the technology or delivery, and just dump their investment, even at a loss. That is sickening.

I'd like to hear from you, the investors and whatever "community" HAL has. What do you want to see from the project? The market does not seem to care if roadmap goals are met on time or if they are completed at all. A lot of hard work and love has been put into this project, the goal from the start was to run a nootropics store with Halcyon currency, with the full intention of meeting every promise made. Good intentions, not this ridiculous manipulation of price and mood. The Halcyon project will continue as scheduled, but opinions on the direction are welcome.

Thank you.

Massive price swings and speculation are part of crypto. Everyone should be aware of that. I think you shouldn't be too concerned about it, you can't prevent it anyway. It's each investors fault in judgement if they bought at the top of a massive pump. I think you as a developer are doing a good job and if you keep delivering, things will settle down over time.

I do not see it as oscillation, but manipulation of people involved in pump and dump, do not have to find this manipulçao normal whales, it is destroying the crypto world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Veto_07

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:10:04 PM

HAL is a strong coin with a solid roadmap and a committed developer.  I have held my coins through this price drop and will continue to support it as it rebuilds and the new features are released. 
marc.xxx

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:11:55 PM

HAL is a strong coin with a solid roadmap and a committed developer.  I have held my coins through this price drop and will continue to support it as it rebuilds and the new features are released. 

I am holding my 20 coins as well. lets go hal!
halcyondev (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:16:11 PM

The anon code in HAL is new and a completely separate project. The HAL project has taken on help from a few developers, graphic artists, and some others who work as freelancers, to help meet all needed goals and complete projects. Many of these people were the early miners and/or investors. Most projects get added support from early adopters, through the first pages of the thread the original developer asked for help. HAL has done nothing but deliver on promises and goals and tech, the developer or developers cannot be blamed for the ridiculous swings in price. This is manipulation, plain and simple. You can see in the market, 30 btc of buys at 20k. This is not support for a pump, this is unfair players waiting for you to dump your coins to them, because they're betting that HAL will continue to meet its goals and rise once again. The mood of the thread follows the swings of the price, and these manipulators have done some serious damage to the price by causing a drop from 60k to 20k when there was nothing wrong and the promised anon implementation was released on time. Nobody will trust sleeping while holding HAL after such obscene swings in price, and it's upsetting. It makes no sense - the price rises to the moon and everybody was so jolly when HAL was just a shitty proof of stake only coin with no features whatsoever, an ugly graphic, a bad ANN, and no website. As soon as the developer released Peersend anonymous system, contracted a professional logo, had code reviewed by a trusted developer, and posts pictures of website progress, the price does nothing but drop. It's like the community begs to be scammed, they love the promises and hype and don't give a care about the technology or delivery, and just dump their investment, even at a loss. That is sickening.

I'd like to hear from you, the investors and whatever "community" HAL has. What do you want to see from the project? The market does not seem to care if roadmap goals are met on time or if they are completed at all. A lot of hard work and love has been put into this project, the goal from the start was to run a nootropics store with Halcyon currency, with the full intention of meeting every promise made. Good intentions, not this ridiculous manipulation of price and mood. The Halcyon project will continue as scheduled, but opinions on the direction are welcome.

Thank you.

You are absolutely right on every point there.
If you want to see price go up, you need to encourage people to set up masternodes and secure the anon transactions.
Also, focus on the anon as a core feature of your coin and build on that, that is what makes this coin unique and that is where it can thrive.
Start an anonymous marketplace for all kind of stuff, not just one product.

After completing the anon, its all about giving people possibility to use it.
Many BTC holders want to anonymise there BTC, maybe think of a way to use HAL as a means to do that without having to use exchanges.

There is a community here!

Good advice, thank you.

vadimmut

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:17:38 PM

Hello Dev, you won't prompt when will earn a site? Very much interests,thank's of your good work
George5
Legendary

Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 03:21:18 PM

The whales always act opposite to the majority expectations. There is nothing new here. After all the weak hands will be shaken out, the price will recover and reach the level where it belongs to be.

So no panic please and ignore the fudders  Wink

https://nuls.io/about/ The sky is not the limit
SkyValeey

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:35:43 PM

Nice catch at chart. Bigger scale = ind. has more power imo.

https://twitter.com/AphexTwin4ever/status/510450971919777792 plz RT ty
RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:45:47 PM

Just because a developer supports more than 1 coin doesn't mean he's scamming everyone.

I agree, it doesn't mean that. But the fact that Crypt never got their anon released, leaving a bunch of angry bag holders and it's very likely that anon was released for Keycoin instead is very shady. Also it was promised that there will be a decentralized anon release for Keycoin but no mention of that again for over a month. Very likely that decentralized anon was released for Hal.  See a pattern here?

You guys can believe whatever you want.  But to the hopeful investors: both Key and Hal has gotten dumped after major tech releases (and with no obvious major tech/code problems). Obviously there are a lot of people who know things you don't (i.e. some of the things I've pointed out). So you do whatever you want with your investment but I would advise again to be very cautious.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:04:10 PM

So dev is a rogue dev that runs away after anon release?

Please explain situation with dev posting as cryptowest.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
cryptowest

Activity: 437

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:15:26 PM

The Halcyon dev is still working, he's been busy and getting burnt out, he didn't leave his room for 3 days while finishing Peersend. I offered to work on the Halcyon website in exchange for some HAL but I haven't received the full agreed amount yet, also I offered to post in the thread for him when he was going to be sleeping soon, one time when I replied I posted a reply from my name. I'll continue to assist the dev if he needs it.

I was alerted to this post and another by many friends and this is my reply in both:

I work on many projects, as part of many different teams, many more than these three. I'm a freelancer, and I make my living assisting projects, whether it be compiling wallets, setting up pools, doing blockchain explorer, assisting with coding, coin repair, website development, graphics, connecting people to each other, and lots of other tasks. People from other coins might hire my help sometimes, or I hire their help, or outsource things. I quit my job in web design after my involvement with the Coinye West project back in january, and I've worked as a cryptocurrency-related freelancer full time and prefer to assist existing projects. Someday I wish to complete my own personal dream project and do an ICO with my real name and identity, but until I've made enough money freelancing to be comfortable, thats on the back burner.

Most coin teams are 5 to 10 people, sometimes many more are involved as devs are contracted for one task and then leave. This shouldn't come as a surprise. Coin communities may fight each other and have rivalries but we're all part of the larger cryptocurrency community.

Best of luck to all.

teamlottowin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 04:23:37 PM

Thanks for clearing this up - may be price will recover now

The Halcyon dev is still working, he's been busy and getting burnt out, he didn't leave his room for 3 days while finishing Peersend. I offered to work on the Halcyon website in exchange for some HAL but I haven't received the full agreed amount yet, also I offered to post in the thread for him when he was going to be sleeping soon, one time when I replied I posted a reply from my name. I'll continue to assist the dev if he needs it.

I was alerted to this post and another by many friends and this is my reply in both:

I work on many projects, as part of many different teams, many more than these three. I'm a freelancer, and I make my living assisting projects, whether it be compiling wallets, setting up pools, doing blockchain explorer, assisting with coding, coin repair, website development, graphics, connecting people to each other, and lots of other tasks. People from other coins might hire my help sometimes, or I hire their help, or outsource things. I quit my job in web design after my involvement with the Coinye West project back in january, and I've worked as a cryptocurrency-related freelancer full time and prefer to assist existing projects. Someday I wish to complete my own personal dream project and do an ICO with my real name and identity, but until I've made enough money freelancing to be comfortable, thats on the back burner.

Most coin teams are 5 to 10 people, sometimes many more are involved as devs are contracted for one task and then leave. This shouldn't come as a surprise. Coin communities may fight each other and have rivalries but we're all part of the larger cryptocurrency community.

Best of luck to all.

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:24:04 PM

Thanks for clarification.
Im watching this!

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
hrshak462

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:37:21 PM

I think a lot of devs have had to accept that much of the community just moves to the latest coin even if the dev sticks with it.  This is frustrating to them so some them have just chosen to play the game too.  I have more to say on this but I am on my phone at the moment.   I am going to solve this issue though. Lol.  A man can dream.

No deal, McCutcheon, that moon money is mine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aZ6avukGY
jiapetz

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:41:34 PM

If you want to see price go up, you need to encourage people to set up masternodes and secure the anon transactions.
Also, focus on the anon as a core feature of your coin and build on that, that is what makes this coin unique and that is where it can thrive.

Many BTC holders want to anonymise there BTC, maybe think of a way to use HAL as a means to do that without having to use exchanges.

Agreed that we should be pushing people to set up masternodes for anon tx.
Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:44:14 PM

Agreed that we should be pushing people to set up masternodes for anon tx.

1++++

Money Is Information
Veto_07

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:46:07 PM

I'm looking forward to that and the live site as well.  The price should take care of itself once this coin is fully operational.  It's on the right track and meeting the target dates. 
hrshak462

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:11:01 PM

I think a lot of devs have had to accept that much of the community just moves to the latest coin even if the dev sticks with it.  This is frustrating to them so some them have just chosen to play the game too.  I have more to say on this but I am on my phone at the moment.   I am going to solve this issue though. Lol.  A man can dream.

piggy backing on my own post...lame Tongue

I am hopefully in a position to break even here with 2000 coins to hold.  I will look to stick with it and run a node with them.

Then maybe I will start a Proof of Community or Proof of Investor service to try and hold BCT user names accountable if they vow to hold.  No real identities should be needed for starters.  Crypto Irish they will call me.

No deal, McCutcheon, that moon money is mine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aZ6avukGY
4M8B

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:23:51 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 05:50:45 PM by 4M8B

First of all, I was a KEY supporter since the beginning and I also bought a little bit into HAL.  Not trying to FUD as I have made my profits and have sincerely supported Keycoin (see my post history) but now I'm out for the time being and here's why:

Not sure what to make of it, but I just realized something.  I was never involved in Crypt, but right now I have a very strange feeling that the anon tech that was promised to be delivered for Crypt was actually delivered for Keycoin.  And then a month ago Keycoin devs (or rather, "Pr0m3theus") said that they were working on a decentralized anon, but they have not said a word about it since.  (Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695457.msg8237412#msg8237412)

I get the feeling that this decentralized anon is actually this one here that was delivered for Hal.

Again, not trying to imply anything, but there seems to be some connections here.  Could be just a coincidence, but definitely seems weird...  Also, not to mention this "Pr0m3theus" person has been involved in and/or hyped up all 3 coins (Crypt, Key, Hal):  https://twitter.com/_pr0m3theus_

So to all the honest investors:  All I can say is be cautious.

Took you long enough. Welcome to the right side.

Well, that's because no one has really tried to say it out in a logical (mature) manner, so it all just looked like FUD.   Anyways, I've basically confirmed with my own eyes that what I said is true.  I saw halcyondev posted as "cryptowest" by mistake just last night. And I was not the only one who saw it, as confirmed by some PMs that I got.

Anyways, I'm not saying the dev will abandon the project, but their way of operating is sickening to say the least. Good luck to all.

The anon code in HAL is not the CRYPT project code. The anon code in HAL is new and a completely separate project. The HAL project has taken on help from a few developers, graphic artists, and some others who work as freelancers, to help meet all needed goals and complete projects. Many of these people were the early miners and/or investors. Most projects get added support from early adopters, through the first pages of the thread the original developer asked for help. HAL has done nothing but deliver on promises and goals and tech, the developer or developers cannot be blamed for the ridiculous swings in price. This is manipulation, plain and simple. You can see in the market, 30 btc of buys at 20k. This is not support for a pump, this is unfair players waiting for you to dump your coins to them, because they're betting that HAL will continue to meet its goals and rise once again. The mood of the thread follows the swings of the price, and these manipulators have done some serious damage to the price by causing a drop from 60k to 20k when there was nothing wrong and the promised anon implementation was released on time. Nobody will trust sleeping while holding HAL after such obscene swings in price, and it's upsetting. It makes no sense - the price rises to the moon and everybody was so jolly when HAL was just a shitty proof of stake only coin with no features whatsoever, an ugly graphic, a bad ANN, and no website. As soon as the developer released Peersend anonymous system, contracted a professional logo, had code reviewed by a trusted developer, and posts pictures of website progress, the price does nothing but drop. It's like the community begs to be scammed, they love the promises and hype and don't give a care about the technology or delivery, and just dump their investment, even at a loss. That is sickening.

There's only $ 6,900,204,691$ in the bit- and altcoin system for the moment which is quite low so don't get depressed...
ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:39:06 PM

Although im gutted by the drop in price ive still got my little bag.

I believe in the dev, the coin, the tech and his ability.

All the people who hold will be rewarded and im certainly going to set up a node

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:41:05 PM

Although im gutted by the drop in price ive still got my little bag.

I believe in the dev, the coin, the tech and his ability.

All the people who hold will be rewarded and im certainly going to set up a node

Can't wait for the master node reward update!

Money Is Information
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: