Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core still tad pole to user friendliness  (Read 284 times)
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 06:40:23 PM

I have my Bitcoin Core on my home server and start it remotely, but thanks to the X protocol I work with it on my notebook.

Despite local network things go tenaciously, but for now I'm willing to attribute that to X and not to bitcoin core.

What I really must attribute to the Bitcoin core is:

The use of modal dialogues when it's completely unnecessary
and
amnesia when it comes to UI settings

in combination these two are killing me every time. I have therefore some questions, which in fact are rhetoric and really just comments:

• Why is the coin selection dialogue (when coin control features are on) modal?
  • Why can't bitcoin core remember a single friggin changed UI?

As for the 2nd point: If we take this coin selection dialogue and the table in there, well the table is pretty fucked up - which applies visually for every table in bitcoin core - but hey, we can change the widths of the columns etc. So we do it. After lots of beautifying work, the visualization is usable, but - oh no - we need to look up something else, and because that dialog is not modal, we have to close it. Aaaaaand...

When we return all is again fucked up as it was before!!!

Now imagine doing this over a remote connection. Over and over again ... and again... Bad developers. No soup today.

Rico

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: