Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The way US government can crack down Silk Road, Tor and Bitcoin  (Read 13612 times)
boconniff40

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 08:42:04 PM

yeah? where are you going to stash the guns?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 07:41:57 PM

yeah? where are you going to stash the guns?

The park, the woods, abandoned houses(not so good idea?), a river, a lake(water tight container in this case). GPS is so cheap today its not even funny, so that would not really be a problem, even if it were not very accurate, as long as you were also given some landmark too, like the 3rd bush from the left from that red house as you come in from the highway, approaching from the north.

rat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 04:49:57 PM

i love all these armchair revolutionaries talking about how the government can take SR down, "but they can't kill TOR and BTC" bullshit.

they can do whatever the fuck they want.

they can't stop TOR and BTC - but are you going to fuck with that shit when they are threatening you not to?

they said the same shit about file sharing sites - now many of them are shutting down VOLUNTARILY. cuz they are scared.

we got guys under indefinite detention in this country.

so let's stop all this "from my cold dead hands" gayness.

arguing from the constitution is fail - it's worthless.
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 12:30:29 AM

i love all these armchair revolutionaries talking about how the government can take SR down, "but they can't kill TOR and BTC" bullshit.

they can do whatever the fuck they want.

they can't stop TOR and BTC - but are you going to fuck with that shit when they are threatening you not to?

they said the same shit about file sharing sites - now many of them are shutting down VOLUNTARILY. cuz they are scared.

we got guys under indefinite detention in this country.

so let's stop all this "from my cold dead hands" gayness.

arguing from the constitution is fail - it's worthless.

you are 100% right. The current internet is broken, so we need a new network, set up in such a way that it is better for freedom of speech and such, and not friendly to draconian legislation and control.

Other than that, all you can do is arm yourself with liberty and serve justice to those that need it most. I am a firm believer in fighting fire with fire, as we all know protesting is usually slow and ineffective.

The constitution is just a piece of paper with stuff written on it 224 years, 6 months and 1 day ago. it is only useful (or has power) as long as both parties agree to obey and defend it. The only binding law is the law that gets defended. Everything anyone ever does is nothing more than a bunch of agreements. For example, your money is an agreement to pay debt as a later date. Your bank accounts are nothing more than a running total of amounts of "money" to be moved around to certain people/entities.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 02:03:53 AM

If I was tasked with the job of taking down the Armoury the first thing I would do is fill it with bogus listings and ship RFID tracked packages and pick up the buyers, spreading uncertainty in the market so nobody trusts it. To get at old sellers order their stuff, and trace the serial numbers and match it up with their shipping locations to narrow it down.
RFID tracked packages? good luck detecting them from more than 10 m away Roll Eyes

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2012, 02:04:11 AM

hm

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
albe

Activity: 18
Merit: 0