Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:07:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Android wallets  (Read 1616 times)
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:47:05 PM

I'm just looking at some android wallets proposed at bitcoin.org

I'm not sure which one to get

Btw is it possible to use the same balance from my PC wallet on my android?

I'm going to Prague soon and hoping to run into some pubs that accept bitcoin [used coinmap], so I'm looking for a way to pay for the drinks etc.

Some help picking a safe wallet would be nice Smiley

Looking for a signature campaign.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:55:37 PM

I'm just looking at some android wallets proposed at bitcoin.org

I'm not sure which one to get

Btw is it possible to use the same balance from my PC wallet on my android?

I'm going to Prague soon and hoping to run into sum pubs that accept bitcoin [used coinmap], so I'm looking for a way to pay for the drinks etc.
My favorite Android wallet at the current time is Wallet32:

Deterministic wallet so there is only one thing you need to backup and keep safe (the initial seed) no more periodic backups needed!
100% compatible with the Trezor hardware wallet.
Decent user interface, not pretty but very functional.
All the basics are there
Works.
Reduces or totally eliminates address reuse (good for Bitcoin, privacy and fungibility)
Integrated QR code production and scanning.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:52:54 PM

I went with GreenAddress

they have some kind of instant confirmation, I don't know how it works but seems cool, it's also deterministic Cheesy

I'm wondering do I have to send all the coins to the address on my phone or what?  Undecided

Is there some way I could plant the .dat to avoid this Cheesy

dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:07:38 PM

I went with GreenAddress

they have some kind of instant confirmation, I don't know how it works but seems cool, it's also deterministic Cheesy

I'm wondering do I have to send all the coins to the address on my phone or what?  Undecided

No.

You must send your bitcoins to the wallet. Greenaddress does NOT support importing outside addresses.

Also be sure to set up an e-mail address and get your nLockTime transactions sent to your e-mail.

That way if GreenAddress ever disappears you'll get your bitcoins back. Otherwise, no coins.

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:20:41 PM

I went with GreenAddress

No.

You must send your bitcoins to the wallet. Greenaddress does NOT support importing outside addresses.

That way if GreenAddress ever disappears you'll get your bitcoins back. Otherwise, no coins.

okay Smiley

Also be sure to set up an e-mail address and get your nLockTime transactions sent to your e-mail.

how do I do that?

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:33:26 PM

If you want to use the same bitcoins on your android phone as on your/any PC, your best bet is to go with blockchain's wallet. That way they are accessible anywhere in the world, including your phone AND your PC.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:01:38 PM

If you want to use the same bitcoins on your android phone as on your/any PC, your best bet is to go with blockchain's wallet. That way they are accessible anywhere in the world, including your phone AND your PC.

I wanted to avoid sending my coins anywhere, but if I made a blockchain wallet I would still need to send the coins there right?

tryexcept

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:44:30 PM

Actually GreenAddress supports sweeping WIF private keys (including BIP38).

You need to go to the "Receive Money" page and at the end of the page you can put your key in WIF format to be swept.

We don't support importing private keys without sweeping nor importing wallets from file yet.

If you have any question or suggestion let me know!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: