Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to break out the 10:1?  (Read 3624 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 07:21:06 PM

The wave is going to come any moment now.

Is it safe to go all in?

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 07:23:37 PM

The wave is going to come any moment now.

Is it safe to go all in?
lol no never safe to go 10 to 1... a small temporary drop, your done and you miss it

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 07:25:32 PM

Is it safe to go all in?

(BFL)^2 < 0
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 07:27:44 PM

There is a season for all things. We'll see if the time for 10:1 was here all in good time.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 07:30:07 PM

There is a season for all things. We'll see if the time for 10:1 was here all in good time.

The time for 10:1 is never.  You might be right, but it's never a really good bet, especially with Bitcoinica-sized spreads.

(BFL)^2 < 0
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 07:44:16 PM

FFS!

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 08:06:42 PM

LOL. I use 10:1 for safety during volatility.

A couple weeks ago, when bitcoinica had a software error, and liquidated tons of positions, I was saved by the higher margin level. I would have seen my position force liquidated at lower levels. Instead of being liquidated I made money Smiley

It seems that many people around here risk far too much on any one position. I am much more tolerant of risk in bitcoin than I am in other trading, but still I won't risk much more than 10% of my equity on a position. (I hit about 12% on the error mentioned above) This gives me a lot of room before I go into severe drawdown.

Going "all in" at any level of leverage is just asking for it. Personally, I highly recommend partially hedging your position with your currency account. Drawdown is highly accentuated if your margin is based on a volatile asset in your account, like bitcoin.

Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 08:54:57 PM

If you need to ask whether to use 10:1, you shouldn't be using 10:1.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 08:59:58 PM

Just do it Smiley

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 09:20:15 PM

I went 10:1. It's time, gentlemen.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 09:21:12 PM

lol prove it

also how low dose it have to go b4 you get liquidated?
how many coins?
will you be the trigger for an unexpected long squeeze, letting everyone have cheep coins before blast off?

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 09:31:02 PM

All you get is account 1.

Qoheleth
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 09:35:31 PM

See, I was about to say that 10:1 leverage could be short squeezed just a little way past the bidwall. But then he posted that screenshot.

I mean... 982BTC long with 1000BTC on deposit? That's nowhere near 10:1, you fibber.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 09:36:26 PM

All you get is account 1.

...because account 2 and 3 were Zhou Tonged.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 09:37:23 PM

See, I was about to say that 10:1 leverage could be short squeezed just a little way past the bidwall. But then he posted that screenshot.

I mean... 982BTC long with 1000BTC on deposit? That's nowhere near 10:1, you fibber.

Again, it's only account 1. I am not displaying my the positions and amount on my main account for obvious reasons.

dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 09:43:41 PM

curious have you been forced liquidated before? I say use 10:1 at any price this give more volatility to the market...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 09:46:08 PM

curious have you been forced liquidated before? I say use 10:1 at any price this give more volatility to the market...

I have not. However, my positions haven't been this risky before. I am only doing this because I am very certain.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 09:49:09 PM

This minor slump is making me even more confident.

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 09:52:52 PM

Congrats!  Can't win if you don't play.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Qoheleth
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 09:56:42 PM

I have not. However, my positions haven't been this risky before. I am only doing this because I am very certain.
So you have confidence in the good intentions of the person who put up the bidwall?

I mean, if it's a trap like it was the last couple times, this right here is a very juicy argument that it's time to spring it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: