Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:45:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Used CD store?  (Read 7736 times)
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 05:12:30 PM

Hey,

I usually buy a bunch of music CDs from amazon UK with prices ranging from £1 to £3, to which I then get ~£2 p&p added. I thought I could open a store selling these for bitcoins, if there is interest. Of course I'd have to add yet another p&p fee to it, but the question is:

- Would you buy music CDs at ~200BTC (shipped, current exchange rates) and if so,
- What type of music / band / artist would you like to see available.

Thanks
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 05:23:52 PM

Interesting, but don't people just buy mp3 instead of used CD? It might be a good idea to sell a usb drive full of songs, or songs that the user want instead of an obsolete city.

However, I am more willing to buy used CD player for its scavengable DC motors, laser reader, stepper motors and other valuable electronics. Especially if it is far cheaper than buying factory rolled out and unused DC motors and other parts.

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 05:30:04 PM

Selling CDs on eBay is useless, as I found, because their auction-determined worth is basically shipping cost.

So, a used CD store in bitcoin would be interesting, but I think not very productive.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 05:36:50 PM

Interesting, but don't people just buy mp3 instead of used CD? It might be a good idea to sell a usb drive full of songs, or songs that the user want instead of an obsolete city.

Well, I can't do that for bitcoins legally without getting into the market of itunes and the like, and this is not something I'm eager to do... really! CDs, on the other hand, are physical licenses to the music, and as such easily sold as used items. And the price per album is more or less the same as mp3s from itunes, and with a little work could be brought down.

However, I am more willing to buy used CD player for its scavengable DC motors, laser reader, stepper motors and other valuable electronics. Especially if it is far cheaper than buying factory rolled out and unused DC motors and other parts.

Scavenge for used electronics? Is that still useful these days? I have some computer hw laying around, cd units included (they should all be working), maybe I should make a list and send to you Smiley Or put everything on biddingpond...
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 05:38:45 PM

Selling CDs on eBay is useless, as I found, because their auction-determined worth is basically shipping cost.

So, a used CD store in bitcoin would be interesting, but I think not very productive.

What do you mean productive? I'm doing the buying part in small scale for myself already, and the selling part shouldn't take too much of my time. If this adds  to the offer bitcoins provide and gets more people to join, then I'd say it's pretty productive.

If you meant profitable, yeah, that's not what I'm after.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 05:43:46 PM

Scavenge for used electronics? Is that still useful these days? I have some computer hw laying around, cd units included (they should all be working), maybe I should make a list and send to you Smiley Or put everything on biddingpond...

Until I have enough bitcoins, and enough electronic knowledge to use it, you won't be able to sell to me much stuff.

However, I do want to make robots and the like. It's just that it take me forever to get anywhere. Not to mention that I don't make much money. So eventually, you should be able to sell to me lot of stuff as I grow my money-making and electronic knowledge.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: