Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:35:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best miner for large operations?  (Read 2077 times)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:29:54 AM

Everyone here is wrong. Franchising with megabigpower is clearly the way to go.

https://megabigpower.com/info

You get as much free hardware as you can power and get to keep 50% of the revenue.

Their next gen hardware (guessing bitfury next gen chips) is now almost complete which they claim will be 0.5 w/gh at the wall.

This seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true things. I would love to see some people who've used this service.

LOL its actually not good.

They take 50% of revenue, you have to pay operating cost. Add that with how quick the rigs depreciated compared to your capital (warehouse). The whole strategy here is to completely push manufacturing competitors out of business. They're doing nothing but centralize mining power.

Btw, OP if you actually have to ask the question in the first post, you're looking at a wrong venture.

I'm not sure you have a clue what you're talking about.

Free hardware = good deal.

Who cares if they take 50% of the revenue? It's free hardware..

You can build a 1MW DC for $100-200K and fill it with 2PH worth of their hardware (50% being yours). How can you possibly say $100-200K/PH is a bad deal? The next best deal is S3's at ~900k/PH. An S3 farm would use slightly less electricity usage once you factor in the extra 50% required with MBP franchising but it is not going to make an $800k difference.

Also I think you should look up the meaning of centralization as the goal of the franchising programs is literally to promote the opposite.

dumbass, once the majority of mining equipment is made by one company, you're at the mercy of that company. You must think you're so smart and MBP is stupid huh?

You did take stupidity to another level.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:55:36 AM

dumbass, once the majority of mining equipment is made by one company, you're at the mercy of that company. You must think you're so smart and MBP is stupid huh?

Can you not see the difference between a single giant 20MW DC and a few hundred franchisees? There is no reason to offer a franchising program like this other than to spread the hashrate.

I honestly can't fathom how you think MBP giving free hardware makes them greedy when they could keep it all for themselves.

In case you didn't already know, bitfury/MBP doesnt need our help to increase their hashrate. MBP can easily build their own massive datacenters without selling/franchising a single miner to the public but they chose to go with the method that distributes the hashrate.

But you will probably ignore all this because you seem set on the idea that anything that has to do with bitfury is bad.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:01:38 AM

Can you not see the difference between a single giant 20MW DC and a few hundred franchisees? There is no reason to offer a franchising program like this other than to spread the hashrate.

I honestly can't fathom how you think MBP giving free hardware makes them greedy when they could keep it all for themselves.

In case you didn't already know, bitfury/MBP doesnt need our help to increase their hashrate. MBP can easily build their own massive datacenters without selling/franchising a single miner to the public but they chose to go with the method that distributes the hashrate.

But you will probably ignore all this because you seem set on the idea that anything that has to do with bitfury is bad.

You must think all franchisings are not for profit?

Having 50% of of a watermelon is still bigger than a whole 100% of a grape fruit. I'm sure they've made enough that capital isnt an issue so why didnt they put their own capital (afterall you said warehouse and operating cost is cheap) and gain 100% revenue?

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:35:38 AM

You must think all franchisings are not for profit?

Having 50% of of a watermelon is still bigger than a whole 100% of a grape fruit. I'm sure they've made enough that capital isnt an issue so why didnt they put their own capital (afterall you said warehouse and operating cost is cheap) and gain 100% revenue?

Yes it's for profit but the franchising won't enable them to buy extra hardware (in the short run at least). If the hardware doesn't go to franchisees it will end up in a giant datacenter.

My guess as to why they don't just build their own mine is that is would require tons of extra capital, time, effort and might be less profitable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: