Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:28:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (ANN) Netcoin has gone POS! With PIR & OWI  (Read 142098 times)
4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:45:35 PM

They may have some issues going on then, is anyone else having these same issues?? How many connections do you have?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ghepetto

Activity: 285
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:58:52 PM

They may have some issues going on then, is anyone else having these same issues?? How many connections do you have?

Thirteen, to my knowledge nobody else is having issues

--------------------Bagholder Extraordinaire--------------------
4x13
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:13:08 PM

hmmm, and you did exactly what the guy above suggested?? You made a backup of your wallet.dat and moved it to a secure area, then 100% deleted everything, emptied the trash and redownloaded the wallet and resynced everything. then shut down the wallet and move your saved wallet.dat into the new Netcoin wallet??
yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:13:49 PM

Question;

I have a wallet that has not been synced in a long time, it is not generating stake.

Upon closer inspection I realized that this wallet was used to solo mine the first few days Netcoin was released (Sept 02,2013 - Sept 4, 2013) and the coins have never been moved.  Could this be why they are not staking?

Thanks!

- Backup your wallet.dat file (make 2 or more backups, just in the case something happens!!)
- delete everything in the Netcoin folder except wallet.dat
- download the latest NetcoinQT Client
- Start the clientr and download the whole blockchain again

Thanks!

I am using 2.2.0 and just tried that a day ago, it did not work.  The stake says it should be generated in 9 min, but only one stale block has minted in about 30 hrs.

How many coins do you have in your wallet? My coins sometimes don't stake for 2-4 days
Ghepetto

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:40:20 PM

Quote from: s3v3nh4cks

link=topic=745323.msg10389575#msg10389575 date=1423343588
hmmm, and you did exactly what the guy above suggested?? You made a backup of your wallet.dat and moved it to a secure area, then 100% deleted everything, emptied the trash and redownloaded the wallet and resynced everything. then shut down the wallet and move your saved wallet.dat into the new Netcoin wallet??

OK I did a fresh install on a hard drive I had laying around a few days ago.  BUT upon inspecting the drive I see a few other coins in the roaming folder, perhaps is was not a fresh install after all, my guess is this is my problem.

I thought re downloading was not necessary, looks like this is where I failed

Trying it now thanks guys!  

4x13
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:57:59 PM

No Worries, let us know. But if you follow the instructions above you should be ok
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Promoting Independence and Personal Responsibility

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 12:54:02 PM

Question;

I have a wallet that has not been synced in a long time, it is not generating stake.

Upon closer inspection I realized that this wallet was used to solo mine the first few days Netcoin was released (Sept 02,2013 - Sept 4, 2013) and the coins have never been moved.  Could this be why they are not staking?

Thanks!

- Backup your wallet.dat file (make 2 or more backups, just in the case something happens!!)
- delete everything in the Netcoin folder except wallet.dat
- download the latest NetcoinQT Client
- Start the clientr and download the whole blockchain again

Thanks!

I am using 2.2.0 and just tried that a day ago, it did not work.  The stake says it should be generated in 9 min, but only one stale block has minted in about 30 hrs.

How many coins do you have in your wallet? My coins sometimes don't stake for 2-4 days

Hey Everyone,

For the calculator / countdown till stake reward, please bear in mind that is an ESTIMATE (but, as you know...it pretty much is the worst estimator in the world).  This is being fixed for when we release the next wallet. 

Are individuals still having problems with MAC wallet?

IF so:  http://wikisend.com/download/911754/Netcoin-Qt-2.2 mac.zip

There are a few GUI glitches...so please forgive us on that, but we've been focusing on the NEW (updated) wallet (so to make this look as professional as we'd like would be counter-productive at the moment).

Thank you all for your patience!

toldy

Activity: 214

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:03:39 AM

{
    "version" : "v2.2.0.0",
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 416003,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "moneysupply" : 0.00000000,
    "connections" : 9,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    "difficulty" : 4.95623220,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1423424286,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

I'm having problems syncing from a compiled source version of the wallet.   The only way I can even attempt to sync is if I run netcoin 1.2.0 first, let it get to past block 200 000 and then run netcoin 2.2.0, but when I do, it says "moneysupply 0.00000000" which is very strange.

Also why hasn't the protocol version changed through 3 hard forks?  Very bizarre.  That's probably confusing to netcoind as it sees these very different chains.

The fact that we're on wallet version 60000 of bitcoin/litecoin code, means we are also missing good commands like "-reindex" which could be really helpful here if it existed.

I never run precompiled binaries.  If you try compiling from source on a new ubuntu linux install, you'll see it's impossible for netcoin 2.2.0 to sync up.  The only way it can even run at all is if there are some pre-existing blk* files in the .netcoin folder.

This is my experience anyway. I recommend the devs to a fresh install of ubuntu on a test machine and try and compile and run the latest netcoin 2.2.0 wallet. It won't sync. Which means that new users are going to be stuck unless they use your prebuilt binaries.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 12:38:15 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 05:39:59 PM by Netcoin Foundation

We are currently finalizing the latest version of the wallet.

Some of the new features on the way SOON:

Customizable Skins
That’s right, you’ll be able to mod and change your wallet how YOU want it to look.

Daily Stake Calculator
You’ll be able to see how much you will earn based on the amount of NET you currently have in your wallet!

DonateNET
You’ll have the ability to donate NET directly to where you choose, be it a charity, organization, or other!

DICE GAME:

www.dicefortune.com/

MOBILE WALLETS

We have some plans about developing a light, fast, and efficient wallet that won’t have the issues plaguing mobile wallets.

CRYPTOHOSTING SITE

A member of the Netcoin Team (Dominic) has a plethora of websites coming including the first cryptohosting site of its kind that will accept net.

MORE TO COME
We have some other projects brewing that are still too new to talk about, but we’ll keep you posted as we develop them!

WWW.NETCOINFOUNDATION.ORG

Ghepetto

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:16:41 AM

First stake just came through and confirmed, looks like I was good to go from the start.  All I needed to to do was wait...

Thanks for the help guys appreciate it, looking forward to the new client.

dimfot

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 05:48:52 PM

was about time for a netcoin dice
Keep up the good work

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:53:02 PM

I am seriously impressed with this latest announcement.

Everything had gone a bit quiet on this thread; I was beginning to think development had ground to a halt.

How wrong can you be!!  Roll Eyes

Keep up the good work guys!

GO NET.  Cool

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 07:55:10 PM

Everything had gone a bit quiet on this thread; I was beginning to think development had ground to a halt.

GO NET.  Cool

Wow....Thank you!  That means a lot!  Yes, to be Fair....we probably went TOO far on the DEV side and not enough on the chit-chat/talk side.  But, as we all know...talk is cheap. We wanted to deliver and actually build and not just hype things up.  From day one (back in 2013) till now, as NETCOIN continues to grow, we've always wanted to:

1) Be a way of life that people could resonate with as we've always said that  "NETCOIN" is more than a coin.  It's a way of life, and in that, we want to be genuine and for the people.
2) Work to build and grow this coin, together, with you....the people who use, support, and yes, even dislike netcoin.  Why?  Because we believe in it and what NETCOIN can bring to the coin community.

There is actually a LOT...LOT more in the works that is just to early to talk about at this point.  But, to say the least...it's exciting, and part of that is a more streamlined way to keep the community informed of updates, ideas, etc.

Thanks for being here with us on this journey!

GO NET!

CRYPTONAIRE

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:22:07 PM

GO NET.  Cool

Wow....Thank you!  That means a lot!  Yes, to be Fair....we probably went TOO far on the DEV side and not enough on the chit-chat/talk side.  But, as we all know...talk is cheap. We wanted to deliver and actually build and not just hype things up.  From day one (back in 2013) till now, as NETCOIN continues to grow, we've always wanted to:

1) Be a way of life that people could resonate with as we've always said that  "NETCOIN" is more than a coin.  It's a way of life, and in that, we want to be genuine and for the people.
2) Work to build and grow this coin, together, with you....the people who use, support, and yes, even dislike netcoin.  Why?  Because we believe in it and what NETCOIN can bring to the coin community.

There is actually a LOT...LOT more in the works that is just to early to talk about at this point.  But, to say the least...it's exciting, and part of that is a more streamlined way to keep the community informed of updates, ideas, etc.

Thanks for being here with us on this journey!

GO NET!

Noble sentiments indeed.  Kiss

Really glad to be with you all on this journey, as you describe it.   I feel sure it is just getting started. And that we have a LONG way to go yet.

And I'm glad you have confirmed that development is still ongoing; people really need to hear that.

That being said, your point that talk is cheap is well made.  Too many dev teams 'talk the talk', but can't 'walk the walk'. 

You guys are galloping!  So I can readily overlook the lack of regular 'chit-chat'.

Just keep going!  Wink

On a personal note; I took the liberty of contacting the CoinGecko team and requested that they add NET to their platform.
They did so, and quite quickly too; I was a wee bit surprised at the speed of their response to my request.
Almost immediately afterwards, the recent price rally in NET began.
I flatter myself that these two events are not unrelated.  Roll Eyes

Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 02:08:40 AM

WUDERBAR! 

Thank you kindly for contacting them!  We'll make sure to reach out and that is a GREAT way to keep tabs on our barometric ranking.

Yeah, I think beefing up our community involvement more...will really help.  TBH, the devs kept working hard on this coin (we temporarily lost a number of the team to work/"real" jobs, re-locations, and a few family emergencies).  What can you say other than it's part of life, and frankly, to have seen this coin continue the way it has in the midst of all that has been humbling.  Namely, because the community and people involved wanted it to continue and grow, so they gave their time to make it so.

But now that the "word" is out, we can start to actually TALK Smiley  and....also now that we have a team of 15+ dedicated devs, web devs, PR folks....not including all those others out there spreading the word/building netcoin....things are looking very good for netcoin.

The foundations are there...and now the NETROPOLIS is growing Smiley

You should be Proud...and we applaud you for your initiative in helping get the word out about NET Smiley  THANK YOU!

Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 03:42:12 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 03:53:05 AM by Netcoin Foundation

NET.COIN-SERVER.COM

CRYPTONAIRE

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:42:13 PM

WUDERBAR! 

Thank you kindly for contacting them!  We'll make sure to reach out and that is a GREAT way to keep tabs on our barometric ranking.

Yeah, I think beefing up our community involvement more...will really help.  TBH, the devs kept working hard on this coin (we temporarily lost a number of the team to work/"real" jobs, re-locations, and a few family emergencies).  What can you say other than it's part of life, and frankly, to have seen this coin continue the way it has in the midst of all that has been humbling.  Namely, because the community and people involved wanted it to continue and grow, so they gave their time to make it so.

But now that the "word" is out, we can start to actually TALK Smiley  and....also now that we have a team of 15+ dedicated devs, web devs, PR folks....not including all those others out there spreading the word/building netcoin....things are looking very good for netcoin.

The foundations are there...and now the NETROPOLIS is growing Smiley

You should be Proud...and we applaud you for your initiative in helping get the word out about NET Smiley  THANK YOU!
[/b]

Your kind words are greatly appreciated; thank you.
We all do what (little) we can!  Cheesy

NETROPOLIS : Love it!!

cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 04:16:29 AM

We are currently finalizing the latest version of the wallet.

Some of the new features on the way SOON:

Customizable Skins
That’s right, you’ll be able to mod and change your wallet how YOU want it to look.

Daily Stake Calculator
You’ll be able to see how much you will earn based on the amount of NET you currently have in your wallet!

DonateNET
You’ll have the ability to donate NET directly to where you choose, be it a charity, organization, or other!

DICE GAME:

www.dicefortune.com/

MOBILE WALLETS

We have some plans about developing a light, fast, and efficient wallet that won’t have the issues plaguing mobile wallets.

CRYPTOHOSTING SITE

A member of the Netcoin Team (Dominic) has a plethora of websites coming including the first cryptohosting site of its kind that will accept net.

MORE TO COME
We have some other projects brewing that are still too new to talk about, but we’ll keep you posted as we develop them!

WWW.NETCOINFOUNDATION.ORG

This coin and the team never cease to amaze me, The projects they put together, and the involvement of the whole development team is amazing to me. I have never seen such a well organized group before in any other coin. Much less the ability to talk with the developers so easily. I have watched and watched this forum as people have complained and asked for a coin to do exactly what Netcoin does, well guys you asked for it and here it is, everything you wanted rolled up in one coin. Very good Job Net team keep up the good work.

Kepasa
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:26:11 AM

Good day!
Why price is up?
What's new in Net?
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 06:54:20 PM

Good day!
Why price is up?
What's new in Net?

Good day to you!  Price is "up" because a lot more people are starting to notice and get interested in NET.  Netcoin has been around for a long time (in crypto-life), since mid 2013, and for the past 6-9 months has flown under the radar.  During that time, a lot of work was done (building a dev team, adding features, etc) and now that the announcement was made, there are a lot of people (both new..and old in crypto) looking at, and getting into, netcoin.

I said "up" in terms of price, because the coin is really, really undervalued..which is also why people are getting in, trading, etc Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: