Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:28:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (ANN) Netcoin has gone POS! With PIR & OWI  (Read 142095 times)
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:01:42 AM

That's not enough... make sure not to listen to lower node versions or it may fork again! see my above post as you didn't reference that.

don't scare homies Grin it won't fork, most of the network/weight/miners is 2.5

Not trying to scare. Arjan is going to look into ignoring the peers with 2.5

Mine did fork twice at random times without doing this. I also got into an infinite sort of loop of attempted stakes that orphaned because they were relayed and picked up by nodes less than 2.5.

I found that having the 2.5 only checks makes sure this problem doesn't occur.

Also I just noticed before that there is a delisting notice on bittrex if volume less than 0.3btc per day for last 14 days. Possible delist date is October 7th which is 5 days time.

Might be worth those with stakes pushing half of their stake into a sell or buy to generate some volume. Bag holding without more investors won't keep it on the exchange. It'd be nice if it was listed on poloniex and I've sent a request in before but didn't hear back. Anyone else tried contacting them?

Either way need to raise the volume or resign to the fact of a delist being possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tepelstreeltje

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 03:12:47 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2016, 06:54:03 PM by tepelstreeltje

Hey Netheads,

Im still trying to figure out the win10 issue but it's a slow process for me Sad

Im gonna release a  update soon or even maybe tommorrow already. The update will disconnect the old nodes. I decided to go with a delayed bump of 5 days orso and give the network and people time to gather/update as much as possible. But there is a downside on the delayed bumb. After the bump has become active it disconnects the older nodes on initial connection only so all the updated wallets already connected to old nodes need to shutdown, remove the peers.dat and restart.

Also i want to thank you guys for your help and support and im very gratefull to you all that you are still here.

The delisting on bittrex couldn't come at a worse time now with the latest update. Didn't even had the chance to promote Netcoin and the 2.5 update so i really hope there will be enough volume to keep it there because it's crucial to have atleast one exchange with enough volume.

As you probably all know already im new to this whole dev thing and i was just a community member who worked a bit on the code before untill i decided to try if i could update and maintain Netcoin in the mean time we where looking for another dev but that was without any luck. I spent really a awfull lot time in the code trying learning testing and failing ofcourse and i manged to produce the 2 updates. At first i was very scared to release the first but especially the second update and 2 forks i really considered not doing it but in the end i decided to just go for it and take the risk. Unfortunally there are 2 issues with the 2.5 update of which the win 10 issue really unexpected but the other was just my own error and now a learning moment.

On the other hand considering the huge scale of the 2.5 update and the fact it had 2 forks i think the update went not really that bad and if i say so myself im pretty darn proud. I see improvements to the PoW hashrate but especially PoS diff. Also the 2.5 update had a lot of bitcoin core updates and more so it's should be much securer now and codewise more closer to other popular stakecoins like blackcoin.

I did my very best to get Netcoin updated as much as possible and hopefully interesting enough to save it from a slow certain death but i can't do it alone and really need help to succeed. Netcoin is in desperate need of a community again and not just people in the background but really promoting it and especially trading to keep the volume up.

So please people help Netcoin survive by promoting and trading it on bittrex to keep it listed. I know a lot of coins are slowly dying even the ones that where pretty popular not even a year ago but that is because there is no activity from a dev and Netcoin was a few months ago just like it. It was said a couple of times that a update was worked on but it took me way to long to release and most people didn't believe it or lost hope i guess and went on to other coins.

Now i think i proved myself a bit and as long the coin has a chance and is getting a bigger/stronger community i will keep my doing my very best for them to get Netcoin updated and maintained but i can't do it without a solid community.
tepelstreeltje

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 03:42:50 PM

Think i have fixed the staking on win10 issue.
I was able to reproduce the issue on a win10 vm and got a test wallet running atm that staked without crashing.

Only need comfirmation from others it is really fixed or not so please try out the test wallet and see if it works for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9nvupha4bpjyq0m/netcoin-qt-win10-test.7z
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 07:18:23 PM

Hey Netheads,

Im still trying to figure out the win10 issue but it's a slow process for me Sad

Im gonna release a  update soon or even maybe tommorrow already. The update will disconnect the old nodes. I decided to go with a delayed bump of 5 days orso and give the network and people time to gather/update as much as possible. But there is a downside on the delayed bumb. After the bump has become active it disconnects the older nodes on initial connection only so all the updated wallets already connected to old nodes need to shutdown, remove the peers.dat and restart.

Also i want to thank you guys for your help and support and im very gratefull to you all that you are still here.

The delisting on bittrex couldn't come at a worse time now with the latest update. Didn't even had the chance to promote Netcoin and the 2.5 update so i really hope there will be enough volume to keep it there because it's crucial to have atleast one exchange with enough volume.

As you probably all know already im new to this whole dev thing and i was just a community member who worked a bit on the code before untill i decided to try if i could update and maintain Netcoin in the mean time we where looking for another dev but that was without any luck. I spent really a awfull lot time in the code trying learning testing and failing ofcourse and i manged to produce the 2 updates. At first i was very scared to release the first but especially the second update and 2 forks i really considered not doing it but in the end i decided to just go for it and take the risk. Unfortunally there are 2 issues with the 2.5 update of which the win 10 issue really unexpected but the other was just my own error and now a learning moment.

On the other hand considering the huge scale of the 2.5 update and the fact it had 2 forks i think the update went not really that bad and if i say so myself im pretty darn proud. I see improvements to the PoW hashrate but especially PoS diff. Also the 2.5 update had a lot of bitcoin core updates and more so it's should be much securer now and codewise more closer to other popular stakecoins like blackcoin.

I did my very best to get Netcoin updated as much as possible and hopefully interesting enough to save it from a slow certain death but i can't do it alone and really need help to succeed. Netcoin is in desperate need of a community again and not just people in the background but really promoting it and especially trading to keep the volume up.

So please people help Netcoin survive by promoting and trading it on bittrex to keep it listed. I know a lot of coins are slowly dying even the ones that where pretty popular not even a year ago but that is because there is no activity from a dev and Netcoin was a few months ago just like it. It was said a couple of times that a update was worked on but it took me way to long to release and most people didn't believe it or lost hope i guess and went on to other coins.

Now i think i proved myself a bit and as long the coin has a chance and is getting a bigger/stronger community i will keep my doing my very best for them to get Netcoin updated and maintained but i can't do it without a solid community.

You're doing just fine mate.  Keep up the good work and I'm sure all will be well!!

I'll shift some action over to Bittrex to help out.

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 08:17:21 PM

I was able to reproduce the issue on a win10 vm and got a test wallet running atm that staked without crashing.

Only need comfirmation from others it is really fixed or not so please try out the test wallet and see if it works for you.

Thanks arjan. You're doing fine don't put so much pressure on yourself. This was a fast fix test. I'm going to download it and check for you. In 2 hours I have a stake due. Will let you know then if it works.
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:16:51 PM

Congrats Arjan the fix you did works fine. I've had a successful stake now on a single large input. I had compatibility for windows 7 turned off and no issues. Thanks for the prompt action on this.

Once the peers less than v2.5 are ignored this will be an update that should be pushed out to people asap. I.e. get the netcoin.io site updated to have the version on etc.

Nice work again mate.
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 08:45:40 PM

Delisting message is gone and the daily volume has been healthy at 0.5btc approx. Be good if we can get it to an average of 1btc a day if more people use the coin.
tepelstreeltje

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 01:13:50 PM

Awesome that Netcoin is still listed on Bittrex. Thanks to all that made it possible. All we need to do now is maintain and build up that volume so it never get in danger of delisting again.

I will release a mandatory update next Friday on oct 14th that will disconnect all previous nodes also the v2.5 nodes!!!

I apologize for the inconvienence but this will be a fork again so i recommend to shutdown the wallet before the release on Friday and sync up after with the new wallet to avoid being on the fork and a complete resync of the chain.
neogen1

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 01:21:03 PM

I have upgate to 2.5 but my wallet do not sync it stopped 3 weeks ago at block 1294421.

i have 14 connections, so whats wrong?

Bigjohnson124

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Netcoins are the best coins!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 04:27:56 AM

Just a heads up folks!

v2.5.1 MANDATORY release this coming Friday, OCT. 14th a new update that will disconnect all the old nodes including the 2.5 so it will be a mandatory update again. We recommend to shutdown the wallet on Thursday already or atleast before the release Friday otherwise a resync is needed again. Stay tuned!
Bigjohnson124

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Netcoins are the best coins!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 04:35:09 AM

I have upgate to 2.5 but my wallet do not sync it stopped 3 weeks ago at block 1294421.

i have 14 connections, so whats wrong?

More info is needed.

Have you started from scratch as in a fresh appdata>roaming>NetCoin folder? I would wait until Friday's release and if you backup your wallet.dat file and go from fresh, it will go without the conflicting v2.3.1 nodes still connected to the network. That could be the issue but it seems you didn't start with a fresh appdata folder.

asor

Activity: 809
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 07:38:57 PM

I recently compiled the latest releases (tried tar.gz of v2.5 and directly cloning from git repo) on my Odroid U2 using Linaro Ubuntu (Berkeley DB 5.3.15, December 19, 2011). The first time I start the Netcoin daemon, everything is fine. But when I restart the Netcoin daemon using "./netcoind stop" (checking that it was stopped successfully using Linux CMD "ps") followed by "./netcoind", the Netcoin daemon is always crashing with the following exception:

Code:
EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
init_blockindex(): error opening database environment IO error: lock /home/odroid/.netcoin/txleveldb/LOCK: already held by process
netcoin in msghand

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  init_blockindex(): error opening database environment IO error: lock /home/odroid/.netcoin/txleveldb/LOCK: already held by process

When I delete the entire content of the netcoin directory in "/home/odroid/.netcoin" and start the Netcoin daemon, everything works fine and the chain is synchronizing. Whenever I need to restart the Netcoin daemon, I'm getting the error described above, I need to delete the entire directory content in "/home/odroid/.netcoin" and I need to download the entire blockchain again.
Other coins are working like a charm on my Odroid but not Netcoin, so I think it's a problem with Netcoin Undecided Huh Tongue
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 11:08:07 PM

Arjan is the new wallet released yet? i shutdown my wallet yesterday.
tepelstreeltje

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:45:44 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 02:03:49 PM by tepelstreeltje

Sorry for the delay but i released v2.5.1. This update will disconnect the older nodes and there will be a change to the PoS diff retageting after block 1345000. Please remove the addnodes in the conf file if there are any and delete the peers.dat. If you have issues connecting try these addnodes:
addnode=84.105.200.241
addnode=89.154.0.37
addnode=50.107.86.75
addnode=68.224.238.173
addnode=83.240.176.25
addnode=73.214.14.51
If you shutdown the old wallet before block 1344639 you should be good and just sync up but after you need to remove the chain and redownload or use a backup/snapshot.

I recently compiled the latest releases (tried tar.gz of v2.5 and directly cloning from git repo) on my Odroid U2 using Linaro Ubuntu (Berkeley DB 5.3.15, December 19, 2011). The first time I start the Netcoin daemon, everything is fine. But when I restart the Netcoin daemon using "./netcoind stop" (checking that it was stopped successfully using Linux CMD "ps") followed by "./netcoind", the Netcoin daemon is always crashing with the following exception:

Code:
init_blockindex(): error opening database environment IO error: lock /home/odroid/.netcoin/txleveldb/LOCK: already held by process
netcoin in msghand

what():  init_blockindex(): error opening database environment IO error: lock /home/odroid/.netcoin/txleveldb/LOCK: already held by process

When I delete the entire content of the netcoin directory in "/home/odroid/.netcoin" and start the Netcoin daemon, everything works fine and the chain is synchronizing. Whenever I need to restart the Netcoin daemon, I'm getting the error described above, I need to delete the entire directory content in "/home/odroid/.netcoin" and I need to download the entire blockchain again.
Other coins are working like a charm on my Odroid but not Netcoin, so I think it's a problem with Netcoin Undecided Huh Tongue

Did the older Netcoin versions had this issue aswell or did it start after a certain update? Also see you are using Berkeley DB 5.3 Netcoin uses BDB 4.8
tepelstreeltje

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:34:06 PM

Yea sorry about that messed up with the win64 wallet been at it the whole night and was pretty much sleeping this morning when i updated the repo. Removed it already and put up a freshly build just now. The network forked already on block 1344640 not sure where the 2.5 is but the 2.5.1 is on block 1345002 so the change has just been activated.

https://github.com/netcoinfoundation/netcoin/releases/tag/v2.5.1
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:45:36 PM

New wallet is working, fully synced, and staking without the need to use compatibility mode under Win 10

Finally... Grin

o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:40:28 PM

maybe i'm the only one pussy ungrateful, but it's getting slower and slower with every new version ...
shit started first when it changed to leveldb,
i only hope it's because of too frequent upgrades Smiley
when everybody's on newest version things may improve

It depends on what peer list you get for how fast it downloads the chain etc.

When you say slow do you mean the actual wallet starting or the chain download? If the chain download its not going to be a database speed its going to be the peer to peer file propagation.
asor

Activity: 809
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:56:11 PM

Sorry for the delay but i released v2.5.1. This update will disconnect the older nodes and there will be a change to the PoS diff retageting after block 1345000. Please remove the addnodes in the conf file if there are any and delete the peers.dat. If you have issues connecting try these addnodes:
addnode=84.105.200.241
addnode=89.154.0.37
addnode=50.107.86.75
addnode=68.224.238.173
addnode=83.240.176.25
addnode=73.214.14.51
If you shutdown the old wallet before block 1344639 you should be good and just sync up but after you need to remove the chain and redownload or use a backup/snapshot.

Code:
netcoin in msghand

what():  init_blockindex(): error opening database environment IO error: lock /home/odroid/.netcoin/txleveldb/LOCK: already held by process

Did the older Netcoin versions had this issue aswell or did it start after a certain update? Also see you are using Berkeley DB 5.3 Netcoin uses BDB 4.8

V2.5 is the first Version I tried on my Odroid. I compiled V2.5.1 today using BDB 4.8:

odroid@odroid-server:/usr/local/bin$ grep DB_VERSION_STRING /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include/db.h
#define DB_VERSION_STRING       "Berkeley DB 4.8.30: (April  9, 2010)"

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error Cry
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:57:43 PM

@Arjan

I was 2 days behind on the sync with new wallet. No compatibilty mode needed worked fine took me around 7 minutes max to sync up the 2 days and it staked straight away. Looking good to me great work. Now i don't need to worry about non 2.5 nodes and excluding them.

Thumbs up
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:08:23 AM

V2.5 is the first Version I tried on my Odroid. I compiled V2.5.1 today using BDB 4.8:

odroid@odroid-server:/usr/local/bin$ grep DB_VERSION_STRING /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include/db.h
#define DB_VERSION_STRING       "Berkeley DB 4.8.30: (April  9, 2010)"

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error Cry

sorry folks maybe i'm goin full retard but how is that my win wallet is LDB (since v2.4), and your linux one is BDB ?
is it supposed to be soo different ?

odroid is a single board pc like a rasp pi isn't it? are these arm? i suspect that they haven't got the latest linux build as it should only be level db now not berkeley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: