Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289608 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:58:48 PM

Hang in there Klaus.

Hang in there Robert.

Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Man

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
child_harold

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:11:14 PM

Another thing that would be more helpful is better retail functionality. Instead of 24 characters, each transaction should have fields for name and address, as well as a short message that is pinned to the transaction ledger entry in the recipient's wallet. That way if someone buys something from me, I have a record right in the wallet of what it is and where to send it.

Or an alias / nickname. This was brought up here http://shadowtalk.org/topic/342/porting-openalias/3 
and I think it would be brilliant to merge OpenAlias into Shadow. http://openalias.org/

Seems like a no-brainer with ShadowChat and ShadowMarket!

sounds brilliant!
thru the looking glass…

child_harold

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:20:23 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 11:40:28 PM by child_harold

I really think it needs to be more automated, and more clear how to use the stealth addresses. The way I would do it is have the tokens automatically converted back to SDC in some random way as a default, and an expert user screen that allows you to select the parameters by which the conversion would take place, if at all.

Nothing is more random than humans converting at whim. Any sort of automation here detracts from a users choice: if, when and how much Shadow to spend. Our irrational and unpredictable human behavior adds greater randomness (entropy) into Shadow. Most users would ignore an "expert mode" anyway. I think the system rocks as is.

There's a small learning curve sure and pehaps something could be done in GUI or with language to simplify things even more. At some point though a user might have to actually spend five minutes to understand (appreciate) this new monetary paradigm! \o/

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:38:29 AM

I really think it needs to be more automated, and more clear how to use the stealth addresses. The way I would do it is have the tokens automatically converted back to SDC in some random way as a default, and an expert user screen that allows you to select the parameters by which the conversion would take place, if at all.

Nothing is more random than humans converting at whim. Any sort of automation here detracts from a users choice: if, when and how much Shadow to spend. Our irrational and unpredictable human behavior adds greater randomness (entropy) into Shadow. Most users would ignore an "expert mode" anyway. I think the system rocks as is.

There's a small learning curve sure and pehaps something could be done in GUI or with language to simplify things even more. At some point though a user might have to actually spend five minutes to understand (appreciate) this new monetary paradigm! \o/

But having a combination of automatic and human-driven conversion would make it even more random! No one would know who is or is not using it in expert mode.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 06:59:59 AM

But having a combination of automatic and human-driven conversion would make it even more random! No one would know who is or is not using it in expert mode.

Could be good to have both options.  There could be a button to press to put it into "automatic monkey" mode  Grin
microchoveur

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:25:54 AM

We should make more efforts for awarness I think

IDAP.IO.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market.
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk

00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:20:11 AM

we should contact kim dotcom.

http://torrentfreak.com/under-u-s-pressure-paypal-nukes-mega-for-encrypting-files-150227/
child_harold

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:43:07 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 02:13:39 PM by child_harold

We should make more efforts for awarness I think

RT!
https://twitter.com/streamuse1/status/571273307015782400

Lo! where the Giant on the mountain stands,
His blood-red tresses deep'ning in the sun,
With death-shot glowing in his fiery hands,
And eye that scorcheth all it glares upon;
Restless it rolls, now fixed, and now anon
Flashing a far,—and at his iron feet
Destruction cowers to mark what deeds are done.
For on this morn three potent nations meet,
To shed before his shrine the blood he deems most sweet

An extract from Childe Harold's Pilgrimage
- Lord Byron, 1812

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:50:00 PM

He already accepts BTC so makes sense to offer options.
child_harold

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:43:14 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 02:11:21 PM by child_harold

DiCaprio took charge!
https://twitter.com/microchoveur/status/571299116661268481

RT!

goblynn

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:20:35 PM

been having an issue with my wallet..i seem unable to send coins Sad i get an Error "Transaction creation failed" im running on a mac and it worked fine just last week...now i cant send any coins from my wallet

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
child_harold

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:00:12 PM

been having an issue with my wallet..i seem unable to send coins Sad i get an Error "Transaction creation failed" im running on a mac and it worked fine just last week...now i cant send any coins from my wallet

pop in irc and we'll fix u up in no time. You r running version 1.3.0.6 or 1.3.0.7 I presume?

bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 05:37:20 PM

pop in irc and we'll fix u up in no time. You r running version 1.3.0.6 or 1.3.0.7 I presume?

A respectful request to ShawdoCash forum members, please advise your spokesman to not FUD Darkcoin forum.  He is constantly Fudding around there and its becoming tiresome.  Like wise if someone is here doing the same...please feel free to request the same from us.  Thanks.   

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Pline

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:17:55 PM

Saw this thread on ShadowTalk: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/352/shadowtalk-html-wallet-development

I think we should help out ffmad for hosting ShadowTalk and other dev work.  

Shadow didn't have the luxury of an instamine to support development like other coins, which is good for honest distribution.  But as a result, I think we as a community need to step up and support our devs.  I donated small amount, but would be nice if others can step up.  If everyone donates a small amount, it adds up.
Blazin604

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:34:26 PM

when will we see the damn review

Pline

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:11:57 PM

Hey Blazin604, good to see you bro.  Hope the review will be soon.  Might be a while longer though, as rynomster (SDCDev) said he was in contact with Isidor, and Zeuner had requested some more documentation on the system. 

I saw on IRC, ryno said that Zeuner wanted something similar to this for Shadow: https://github.com/minium/Bitcoin-Spec

I guess it would help document things and make it easier to review.  Although the code is there for review, this extra documentation might make reviewing things a little more feasible I'm guessing.  Shadow does seem like a pretty complex and new system with a lot of code, so I'm guessing a review is no easy task.  I know a lot of people are hoping to see it soon, but I think it might take longer than people expect.

Anyways that is all the info I have on it, and I think nobody really knows when the full review will come out. I'm very interested to see how detailed it is going to be.
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:18:11 PM

This year. Mark my words, i bet

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:48:11 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 12:16:20 AM by LongAndShort

This project needs more devs and less of the gimmick crap... You all know i'm quite blunt and frank at times. I'll remain consistent and state an observation.

Gimmick is sneaking into this project...again.
The ShadowBay is not viable or feasible in the current state of its team makeup! Just be realistic about what you expect and what you encourage others to expect about that kind of gimmik crap this early. (My message to the community)

The team clearly stated it is looking into ShadowBay as an idea from the mass of the shadow community. But most people here, a week later started to change that story and started saying its happening within a month or so. (making me vomit) Personally i don't see it as something that will be viable nor will it be close to completion this year.  Its a gimik that most projects tried to use to justify price increase. It was and has always been driven by communities who think they know what they want and need. And i fear that its a pipedream of most to become a launchpad to "the moon". It is not a launchpad in this case and never will be unless there is sufficient talent, resource and motivation to fund devtime to completion. Besides, the core is not even working consistently across all platforms yet.

Many of you may think we need it now but i argue that its fools errand and that we do not. You will burn out the current team then the project will die.... I will stake my life on that!

Ryno, Techno need and want more devs interested in the tech. Not the gimmick shit most of you want to justify a rise in value.

The focus here should be recruiting dev talent and appealing to them. Leave the gimmick wet fart to xc, xst and the rest of those trash communities please.

The review will be good but not for what most of you think it will be good for.. It should not justify some price rise... It will and should be considered to be ip added to the project. It should be considered as somewhat of a tarmac paved road for devs to understand and be exposed to the tech. This is great tech that not many people in this field know about yet. Professionals want white paper facts, stats and cohesive reports on the tech. They have no time for promises, gimmicks and communities of trader only, influenced decisions. The focus here should be dev talent and exposure not through gimmick but through cold hard stats and facts!

The cold hard truth is; I can easily tell that the devs are burnt out already. The tech is great and the future is possibly extremely bright. However, the project should be put into beta mode so that it is very clear that the wallet is not completely bug free. Which, as you all know, it isnt. There should be a dev entry point and i strongly advise time and effort be focused less on gimmick bullshit and more on crawling before we walk and by that i mean focus more on ryno, techno's support. They need more devs and the tech needs more debate and scrutiny.

There is to much pressure on them to serve the trader and not enough support for them to actually go back and refine what they already have so it actually works.

I'm appalled that the marketplace has taken place of file voice and video support. Kim Dot Com and the rest of the world is going to show you just how important and relevant that stuff is, to both devs and mainstream.

Anyhow..thats my rant. I just encourage you, the community, to go back and rehash this whole marketplace stuff and the expectations you are laying on it.
I and anyone with half a nut can see this projects foundations have not yet been finished. It wont handle any kind of weight and its fast becoming yet another house of cards; doomed to join ranks with the rest of the ditched projects that actually had potential in this space. Because, as you know, its insanity to see the same moves and decisions being made and expecting it to be any different to them.
child_harold

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:47:34 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 02:10:01 PM by child_harold

This project needs more devs and less of the gimmick crap... You all know i'm quite blunt and frank at times. I'll remain consistent and state an observation.

The ShadowBay is not viable or feasible in the current state of its team makeup! Just be realistic about what you expect and what you encourage others to expect about that kind of gimmik crap this early. (My message to the community)

The team clearly stated it is looking into ShadowBay as an idea from the mass of the shadow community. But most people here, a week later started to change that story and started saying its happening within a month or so. (making me vomit) Personally i don't see it as something that will be viable nor will it be close to completion this year.  Its a gimik that most projects tried to use to justify price increase. It was and has always been driven by communities who think they know what they want and need. And i fear that its a pipedream of most to become a launchpad to "the moon". It is not a launchpad in this case and never will be unless there is sufficient talent, resource and motivation to fund devtime to completion. Besides, the core is not even working consistently across all platforms yet.

Many of you may think we need it now but i argue that its fools errand and that we do not. You will burn out the current team then the project will die.... I will stake my life on that!

Ryno, Techno need and want more devs interested in the tech. Not the gimmick shit most of you want to justify a rise in value.

The focus here should be recruiting dev talent and appealing to them. Leave the gimmick wet fart to xc, xst and the rest of those trash communities please.

The review will be good but not for what most of you think it will be good for.. It should not justify some price rise... It will and should be considered to be ip added to the project. It should be considered as somewhat of a tarmac paved road for devs to understand and be exposed to the tech. This is great tech that not many people in this field know about yet. Professionals want white paper facts, stats and cohesive reports on the tech. They have no time for promises, gimmicks and communities of trader only, influenced decisions. The focus here should be dev talent and exposure not through gimmick but through cold hard stats and facts!

The cold hard truth is; I can easily tell that the devs are burnt out already. The tech is great and the future is possibly extremely bright. However, the project should be put into beta mode so that it is very clear that the wallet is not completely bug free. Which, as you all know, it isnt. There should be a dev entry point and i strongly advise time and effort be focused less on gimmick bullshit and more on crawling before we walk and by that i mean focus more on ryno, techno's support. They need more devs and the tech needs more debate and scrutiny.

There is to much pressure on them to serve the trader and not enough support for them to actually go back and refine what they already have so it actually works.

I'm appalled that the marketplace has taken place of file voice and video support. Kim Dot Com and the rest of the world is going to show you just how important and relevant that stuff is, to both devs and mainstream.

Anyhow..thats my rant. I just encourage you, the community, to go back and rehash this whole marketplace stuff and the expectations you are laying on it.
I and anyone with half a nut can see this projects foundations have not yet been finished. It wont handle any kind of weight and its fast becoming yet another house of cards; doomed to join ranks with the rest of the ditched projects that actually had potential in this space. Because, as you know, its insanity to see the same moves and decisions being made and expecting it to be any different to them.

OK

I wrote a decent reply and deleted it by mistake (im tired atm)

In short…

- u raise many good points and I agrre that core should be solid.
- also more good devs good
- shadybay i cant comment on… no info
- zeuner review? who knows what he'll say

but  this line distresses me some:

The cold hard truth is; I can easily tell that the devs are burnt out already

For such an analytical mind as yours im surprised you speak about cold-hard truths as something which is presumably subjective? Ryno has been doing "Rambo in the Jungle" for a few weeks so should hopefully have recuperated some. He is even quoted in IRC saying "I am Rambo" as he connected via 3g whilst sitting in the jungle.

Pline

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:47:38 PM

Yay, L&S is back  Grin  You are much missed in this community my friend.  Even ryno himself said he misses you and everyone wishes you were more active in the community again.  You seem super smart and I'm glad to have you on team Shadow.  I really appreciate your criticisms.  Its like a sporting team sometimes needs a nice kick in the rear by their coach to get moving.

I agree with much of your post, there is much truth in your words.  But I would like to raise some counter points to provide a little balance and more info into the situation.  For one, ShadyBay was overwhelmingly voted on as the next project by the devs, from what I read by ryno's posts.  It seems like it was an agreed upon decision by the devs.  Maybe they did bite off more than they can chew.  I would think its a tall task for most dev teams, but I have seen results already in this project, which gives me more confidence in their ability to deliver.  Ryno did mention he was finding it harder to get back in the groove of things, and I'm sure the devs are somewhat burnt out.  Seems like CRZ for one has been working super hard on the marketplace design.  On top of that many bugs have cropped up, which are acting as a bit of a roadblock.  I agree its hard to move on, until the foundation is secured.  But these delays happen, bugs happen with any new software.  Its going to take time, and a lot of traders want it to happen overnight, which is definitely a little annoying.  I think we can mostly all agree on these points.

One point I would like to make is that you said we should be focusing on attracting dev talent.  I am not too knowledgeable about the entire dev team, but it sort of seems like different devs have different specialties.  CRZ for example is doing great work on design.  Other devs probably have their own specialties. Tecno is the cryptographer, etc. But I'm guessing possibly if there was no marketplace in the works then some of these devs would have nothing much to work on. They may even leave and find something else to do.  So there is something to say for always having work on the table. Also maybe there are some other devs out there that could specialize in the skills needed for the marketplace.  Well they will see Shadow already has the ball rolling, and be more likely to join the team than if the project was just shelved.  I know that ryno mentioned they did take on at least one new dev recently.  I think he said something about having to train them, so I would definitely agree with your point about the review helping to on ramp devs into the project. The further documentation being done on the system as mentioned by ryno, and requested by Isidor will also help in this regard.

Also I would like to make a point against the accusation that ShadowMarket is just a gimmick.  I can understand this perspective, especially considering the pump and dumps of other projects with false promises.  But this team has already delivered revolutionary tech proving they can deliver, and I think the value of a decentralized market in the wallet is hugely valuable to the Shadow economy.  I guess NXT has the only decentralized market right now, but I have never checked it out, so I don't know how usable it is.  I'm guessing not very usable as it has not gotten much attention.  Open Bazaar also does not seem near ready for primetime.  There seems like a real market need for this type of marketplace, and Shadow could be the first mover, with the added advantage of an anonymous token increasing the appeal to marketplace participants.  If they can get the I2P going, or the market to work over Tor, and be easy to use, we could see a huge influx of new Shadow users as well as new dev talent.

Well I guess thats all I have to say, I hope I added some valuable perspectives.  I am newer to this community, and L&S is a veteran, so much respect given.  Hope you will come around and be more active in the Shadow community again, we could really use you here.
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: