Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:56:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Concept] Bitcoin School  (Read 1994 times)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 05:29:21 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2012, 06:42:37 AM by CryptoCoinMedia

BITCOIN SCHOOL/UNI

Blockchain Messaging/Guestbook/Q and A  System

Clone block explorer .
Allow comments  on individual bitcoin addresses.
Each thread and reply has a bitcoin address as the parent meaning users can then send coins to it directly using the sites wallet as well as vote it up or down.

The site associates each action with a bitcoin address and manages users wallets.
Users can also post questions and answers which will have their own bitcoin address associated.
Users can assign “bounties” to those also and have different ways other users can collect. Of course being a public address ANYONE can add to the kitty.
You can also send a tip to any question or answer. This means if an answer has both high upvotes and high “tips” its likely to be the best .

Knowledge Share Market

Allow users to add “knowledge sites” such as stack exchange,quora and others yet to be decided.

Use their api to get user rankings and actions and display their “flare”on their profile and next to their names.

Users can also earn  badges (possibly-undecided based on performance of votes and tips).
Each user has an amount of “shares” they can sell by adding different accounts on other sites. For example adding SE will let you sell 100 shares ,adding quora 100 shares etc to economically motivate them to do so.
Other users can buy those shares and trade them.
The value of the shares will rise and fall dependent on the ability of those experts to perform both on the school site and other sites.
Similar to http://empireavenue.com but bitcoin school is targeted specifically at your level of knowledge NOT how many twitter or facebook followers you have.

Use open source moodle to allow experts to setup and charge for courses thereby allowing them to earn money. If they have a low school score they wont be able to attract students so only the cream should rise to the top here. They can also then add such tools as live lessons/tutoring etc giving more ways for them to earn btc.

This wlll all lead to creating the worlds first bitcoin enabled  university where the teachers are entirely vetted based on  their actual depth of knowledge. Do schools test teachers currently by how much they know ?

This means teachers are unlikely to setup courses in unrelated subject matter they know nothing about.

Bitcoin school can earn money through  possible ad revenue (see Smart Ads below) and such things as course materials and other items students might need to buy. The teachers shouldnt be able to sell those directly to prevent them gouging students. Can use Amazon affiliates to recommend books etc . This will make good money alone without the school needing to take a cut from user income. Possibly can convert btc into Amazon gift vouchers for users Smiley

Smart Ads
Not only does every action here have a related bitcoin address each ad on the site should too. If an advertiser wants users to look at their ad they need to put a bounty into the ads bitcoin address. In addition they can create questions about their site and add those with related “bounties” to the person who answers correctly. This means people have to go to the advertisers site and surf it to find the answer. Th site makes money initially by selling the spot and the users make money by being able to answer questions and win advertisers bounties if they are available. The advertisers win by increased page views and exposure.

Dev Map.
Proof of concept pre alpha
Blockchain import ,messaging and wallet ,bounties and voting

Alpha
Import Stack Exchange and Quora flair/accounts and allow posting to the site when updating them.

Beta
Share market (linking to glbse api)

Omega
University course functionality.

Version 1.0
Ability to sell course materials ,implement ads, allow opt out for a premium (share of ongoing income) etc. Implement “smart” ads.

I assume this school would initially be targeted at bitcoin and crypto knowledge.

This can either be listed on GLBSE to raise dev costs or equity shares to devs. PM me if you want to get involved.

Edit- Send a tender for this project to bitcoinmedia@gmail.com

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 05:30:36 AM

Ideas are only 1%.

Show me if you can execute.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 05:34:53 AM

Ideas are only 1%.

Show me if you can execute.
You show me if you can execute first.  Smiley

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 05:37:05 AM

I  am already doing that. I am developing a game for BTC.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 05:38:17 AM

I  am already doing that. I am developing a game for BTC.

Not everyone can or should code bitcoin unless they know what they are doing it is dangerous for users.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 05:41:39 AM

Not everyone can be a plumber or a mechanic or any other numerous specialty fields. If I have a busted pipe I dont fix it I get a professional to do so. DIY in bitcoin land = disaster.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 05:48:38 AM

Not everyone can or should code bitcoin unless they know what they are doing it is dangerous for users.

Not sure what you're saying.

People who only have ideas and no skills can only talk.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 05:55:07 AM

Not sure what you're saying.

People who only have ideas and no skills can only talk.

I donated the majority of the money that got the weusecoins video made. I would call that some kind of achievement.

I have setup a bitcoin  mining company. Im an investor in GLBSE. What else do you need to know about my "delivery"  ?

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 05:57:42 AM

fwiw its about time some of the contributors to bitcoin can earn money for that knowledge by teaching it to others. Then we will see the bitconomy really shoot up..

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 06:43:49 AM

I added an email address you can send a tender too as a developer to let me know how much we need to raise.

Mr. Coinman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 07:10:21 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but how much progress has been made?

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 04:31:42 PM

Bitcoin certification would be handy. I can imagine soon some companies will want to hire Bitcoin programmers for their project and the will want to know that they are getting somebody competent.

Though I am no fan whatsoever of certifications to prove that you are competent in something, this seems to be popular among employers.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: