Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:00:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CROWDFUND] Bitcoin Awareness: Singapore - LET 14k PEOPLE KNOW BITCOIN EXISTS  (Read 1211 times)
Vortex20000 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 02:56:02 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 07:04:05 AM by Vortex20000

Raising 20 BTC (0.6/20 funded) to raise Bitcoin awareness

Bitcoin is known by geeks, businesses, and maybe a few million people. However, if you ask a member of the vast majority of people on earth about Bitcoin, he'll say, "Huh?" I intend to at least make a dent and educate 14,000 people in Singapore.

Singapore is an island city. We're a city-state about the size of downtown Manhattan. However, with a projection of 6.9 million people living here, it's a good place to advertise. Singapore is one of the most expensive places to live on earth, even though we only just celebrated our 49th "birthday" on the 9th of August. The majority of the population lives in high rise buildings known as HDBs. These are relatively affordable apartments, sometimes up to 20 a floor, for up to 30 storeys. Do the math. That's 600 apartments per block, maybe 1800 people per block. Each block usually only has 2 lifts.

We plan to do three things to raise Bitcoin's awareness in the northern part of Singapore, Woodlands.

1. Print out full color pamphlets, manually fold them, then leave them at people's gates as well as at common lift lobbies. This is how housing agencies and car dealers go about advertising their services. This time, the full color pamphlets will stand out from the dull sheets of paper (we hope) and people will notice them and read them. The pamphlets will contain basic-medium information about Bitcoin and links to bitcointalk.org and weusecoins.com. We estimate each pamphlet to cost about $1.60 USD / $2.00 SGD. Crowdfunding will help to raise the amount we need, hopefully. We'll have around 4800 apartments to visit and drop these pamphlets. With each costing $2, 4800 copies would cost $9600.

2. Knock on doors and provide in-person introductions to Bitcoin. We'll probably use pamphlets from above, so no extra cost monetarily. The one thing: this is time-consuming.

3. Host a few Bitcoin giveaways. Singaporeans are sometimes quite money-minded and anything with the word FREE draws attention. We'll be giving out 0.1 BTC at each giveaway and the giveaway announcements will be stuck at each block's notice board.

Profit

I recognize that not everyone can spare Bitcoins to DONATE, so I thought I would make this sort of am investment as well. We are auctioning 2 banner ad spots and 1 page ad slot. The banner ad is about as high as your thumb and as long as your forefinger. The page ad - up to 450 words and a title or 100 words and a banner the size of a banner ad to go at the top of the page. A page is a horizontal A4-sized paper split into quarters. Both the banner and page ad may have colors and links.

I estimate that the ads will be seen over 13 thousand times and the minimum conversion rate (ones that go and "find out more") should be at least 75%, so around 9750 people. To me, that's a decent deal for money, especially since you know each person who does look at it and find out more is unique. My advice: target your ads to Singaporeans. Don't go rambling about some awesome Bitcoin ATM in Boston or Washington DC, simply because that's a 13-hour flight away.

No adult content may be included in the advertisements or in any links directly stated in wording or pictures.

Bidding (How-to and Starting Bids):

Page Ad: 1.4 BTC
Banner Ad 1: 0.6 BTC
Banner Ad 2: 0.6 BTC

Please also realize that the group I have gathered are all students. We as a group have no dependable sources of income, and cannot supply or fork out enough hard cash to pay for all the printing costs, distribution and compensation issues, or for the giveaways. While we are hardcore Bitcoin enthusiasts, we aren't rich. Donations and ads fund this campaign almost completely and without your help we will never be able to carry this endeavor out.

If you are a Singapore-unique company that can help these potential customers achieve something Bitcoin-wise, please send us a PM (send me a PM) letting us know what you do. Perhaps we can incorporate your service into our Bitcoin introduction... for free, of course.
More Details

We'll be visiting blocks 865, 866, 867, 868, 845, 869, 839, and 852, if anyone is especially interested. I'm open to PMs regarding this crowdfund and if you have WhatsApp, feel free to add me. My number is 97522100. Just let me know you're from BTalk as well as your BTalk account and I'll be happy to chat.

Block 845

Block 868 and Background School

Block 839

Want to donate? Please post in this thread! Either that or just send it straight to my address: 1KQwwWfuATJZogLTk9nmPNyY4egS1PUvqY or PM me if you want escrow!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vortex20000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:01:56 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 07:03:08 AM by Vortex20000

Current Funds:

0.1 BTC from me.
0.6 BTC from the rest of the group.

Vortex20000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 07:11:25 AM

P.S. guys, we still need funding.

I just had a very inspirational thought: what if everyone we introduced to Bitcoin told 2 friends?

Even if the web of news stops there, we would be reaching three times as many people as I originally thought we would be able to get to. An estimate (with some people telling 3 friends) puts the total near 45,000 people, a massive number.

On top of that, what would happen if this got media coverage?

45,000 people should be enough for the less-major newspapers to pick up and put as headlines. If that happens, even more people will find out about Bitcoin, and the primary newspaper of Singapore, Straits Times, should at least put a page-2 or page-3 article up.

Considering about 5% of the people in Singapore read newspapers that far and Singapore has a population of nearly 6 million people, that's 300,000 freaking people who will find out about Bitcoins!

If this happens, then the ad value of the spots on our pamphlets should certainly be considerable. 0.6 BTC for 300k views? You won't even get that kind of value online. With an almost guaranteed 75% conversion rate, that's 200k+ views headed your way.

Interested in donating or bidding for an advertisement slot? See Original Post - "Profit" Section.

gordoh

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:35:08 PM

Is it just me, or does $2 seem like quite a lot of money for 1 pamphlet, especially if you are printing in bulk.

Im not shooting you down here, I think its great that you want to promote Bitcoin and we should all do it within our communities, I just think that you could possibly get a better price for the pamphlets then you will be able to make a lot more than just 4,800?
Vortex20000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 11:54:16 PM

Is it just me, or does $2 seem like quite a lot of money for 1 pamphlet, especially if you are printing in bulk.

Im not shooting you down here, I think its great that you want to promote Bitcoin and we should all do it within our communities, I just think that you could possibly get a better price for the pamphlets then you will be able to make a lot more than just 4,800?
It's both me and you, for sure.

The reason I use them is because they are fast and close to home - good for mass delivery of heavy boxes of pamphlets.

catlinhappy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:50:32 PM

This is a nice idea into spreading the awareness of Bitcoin but a major flaw i perceive will certainly remain in the area of funds to perform it. Best of luck anyway.

luckyindia

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:36:14 AM

Congratulations for taking the initiative to populariseBTC in Singapore,which is a country with great potential forBTC since Singapore has an online business culture.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: