Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:54:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NYDFS form for submitting comments on bitlicense  (Read 3509 times)
birr (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 584

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:15:37 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 04:29:00 AM by birr

The form is the "Notice of Proposed Rule Making" on this page:
http://www.dos.ny.gov/info/e-file/e-forms.html

It is totally impossible to download the pdf.  I have tried more than one computer, Win7 and Ubuntu, the latest version of Adobe Reader XI and ALWAYS get this error

To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade
to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html

Same thing for all the pdf links under the "Revised" heading on that page.  This is a false error message; the pdfs under the "Formats" and "Other" headings all show up just fine.

Do they pull this shit on purpose?

WTF.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:34:08 AM

http://imgur.com/LH0ws0V

Do it.
santaClause

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:17:59 AM

I would suggest actually reading and understanding the regulations prior to commenting otherwise you will sound like a fool and will likely be ignored by the regulator
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:30:41 PM

I just hope that people actually post constructive comments and aren't just 'trolling' or harassing the people devising those regulations. Talking about a mature community and a currency that's evolved enough to enter Wall Street and the banking sector.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
michaelwang33

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:40:35 AM

I just hope that people actually post constructive comments and aren't just 'trolling' or harassing the people devising those regulations. Talking about a mature community and a currency that's evolved enough to enter Wall Street and the banking sector.
I would agree that this will be very important if any of the "anti regulation" comments are to be taken seriously. If they get a lot of comments like "horse shit" then they will think you are a 13 year old and will likely ignore you.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:38:32 PM

I would agree that this will be very important if any of the "anti regulation" comments are to be taken seriously. If they get a lot of comments like "horse shit" then they will think you are a 13 year old and will likely ignore you.

This is mostly not true.  Be civil, be somewhat informed, but a massive deluge of comments will let them know that we are watching, and that we care.  There are experts who are going to write very detailed, well thought out responses and proposals about what should be changed and why.  Lets back that up with thousands and thousands of : "I don't support the regulations as written, they are too onerous and overly broad".   The more of us who speak up, the better.  Don't be dissuaded from speaking up just because you don't have the time to read every letter of the proposed regs or because you don't feel like writing a five-page thesis in reply.

I expect the regulations to be heavily modified after this draft.  They got it wrong.  I will spend time to give a more targeted reply after they are revised.

Here is what I am writing:

"I find your proposed regulations for Virtual Currencies to be too onerous, with many of the definitions overly broad.  As written the regulations will stifle innovation.  Only the largest, most established players will be able to afford to comply with the new rules.  Please don't drive innovation out of New York or out of the United States."
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:16:02 AM

Although im not american, the most relevant point that will hurt bitcoin is the word "resident". in regards to ANY world-wide service that has a CUSTOMER that is a new york resident, that business would need the licence.

as it means just having 1 person living in new york that purposefully goes to every bitcoin service (exchange, game, pool, etc) and then reporting to government which site he went to would automatically get those companies in alot of trouble. either instantly fined, or demanded to buy the licence. no matter where in the world they exist. purely because of one new york resident purposefully doing it.

you kind of have to expect that businesses have to be monitored to some extent, which you can all argue what level or if certain services do or don't need monitoring. but while all of you New Yorker's are commenting to your state governors etc about what businesses should or should not be regulated, please atleast get them to remove the word "resident's" from the draft.

thanks

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
antonioserrano72

Activity: 353

Impossible

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:17:55 AM

I would suggest actually reading and understanding the regulations prior to commenting otherwise you will sound like a fool and will likely be ignored by the regulator

Knowing how bitcoin and cryptocurencies work would be the most vital thing to not sound like a fool. It's surprising how many people don't know how they do yet they use cryptocurrencies...
jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:17:09 AM

Although im not american, the most relevant point that will hurt bitcoin is the word "resident". in regards to ANY world-wide service that has a CUSTOMER that is a new york resident, that business would need the licence.

as it means just having 1 person living in new york that purposefully goes to every bitcoin service (exchange, game, pool, etc) and then reporting to government which site he went to would automatically get those companies in alot of trouble. either instantly fined, or demanded to buy the licence. no matter where in the world they exist. purely because of one new york resident purposefully doing it.

you kind of have to expect that businesses have to be monitored to some extent, which you can all argue what level or if certain services do or don't need monitoring. but while all of you New Yorker's are commenting to your state governors etc about what businesses should or should not be regulated, please atleast get them to remove the word "resident's" from the draft.

thanks

Interesting point, it's like a big issue in law nowadays is jurisdiction because the internet means basically anyone can order from any website so they the owner of the site makes themselves possibly vulnerable to being sued.  In other words you sell something that hurts someone (accidentally) in New York and you live in California, then you get sued in NY and have to hire someone or fly all the way to NY to defend yourself. 
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:01:49 PM

Well, mercifully they've extended the comment period. So at least there's that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: