Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:48:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't invest in ICO shit, idiots...  (Read 166798 times)
mxhwr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:39:29 PM

basically goes to show POD is pointless

coinsource  had a one to one chat with the dev so im sure they must release a image, another lesson learnt for those that lost their btc here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mxhwr

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:40:30 PM

All,

Just getting caught up on this thread.  We have not heard from the developer and the funds were released yesterday at 09:48 PDT.  

The funds were withdrawn @ 11:03 PDT to https://blockchain.info/address/1G13xzGN6zG4CpusBSEazNcjCBxWqHMMsn.  The funds are no longer in our control.

richie@bittrex

I am really sorry to say this but after losing my btc on bittrex my trust on bittreex is not there any more. Sad Sad Sad
You were supposed to do your own research. Bittrex's terms were completed.

If an exchange is holding an ICO for a scammer..it's their fault. Once Fincen kicks in..it'll all be taken care of. Regulation is another thing that would help keep people away from scammers like these.

it wasn't a scam until btc was sent, how could bittrex have known it was a scam. if those that knew it was a scam why invest  in the ico

the only blame you can put is on the dev
Clyze

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Invest in your future.

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:44:56 PM

Dumped at massive losses, entered $Startcoin for compensation, and of course Checkcoin. Both in an amazing accumulation phase, ready for take off soon ;-)

Invest in your future.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:45:57 PM

Dumped at massive losses, entered $Startcoin for compensation, and of course Checkcoin. Both in an amazing accumulation phase, ready for take off soon ;-)

Neos on a nice uptrend, too:
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-NEOS
Clyze

Activity: 177

Invest in your future.

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:47:31 PM

Great! Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into it.

Cheers,

Clyze

Invest in your future.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:49:48 PM

All,

Just getting caught up on this thread.  We have not heard from the developer and the funds were released yesterday at 09:48 PDT.  

The funds were withdrawn @ 11:03 PDT to https://blockchain.info/address/1G13xzGN6zG4CpusBSEazNcjCBxWqHMMsn.  The funds are no longer in our control.

richie@bittrex

I am really sorry to say this but after losing my btc on bittrex my trust on bittreex is not there any more. Sad Sad Sad

If an exchange is holding an ICO for a scammer..it's their fault. Once Fincen kicks in..it'll all be taken care of. Regulation is another thing that would help keep people away from scammers like these.

it wasn't a scam until btc was sent, how could bittrex have known it was a scam. if those that knew it was a scam why invest  in the ico

Right but that means Exchange isn't taking enough interest in whether the Dev is legit or not. For example..do they have ID proof of the dev, do they have residential address, did they have video chat to make sure he is who he says he is...what happens when dev run away with the money? How do you protect investors from scammers like him?

It's not the law that's why it's not being done. It's ruining crypto.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:50:19 PM

All,

The funds were withdrawn @ 11:03 PDT to https://blockchain.info/address/1G13xzGN6zG4CpusBSEazNcjCBxWqHMMsn.  The funds are no longer in our control.

richie@bittrex

If an exchange is holding an ICO for a scammer..it's their fault. Once Fincen kicks in..it'll all be taken care of. Regulation is another thing that would help keep people away from scammers like these. I was never a big fan of regulation but that needs to be done on all exchanges.

Video chat/ID proof/ Residential address/ Previous history etc..all needs to be there for every single developer on each exchange.

This EQX dev must be running around in happiness but he doesn't realize that his 66 btc won't last for lifetime and once Fincen kicks in..he will have hard time making any money at all.

This whole Bitcoin/altcoin thing is an experiment.

Can decentralized, trustless and unregulated currencies work in our society? The answer so far is an emphatic no.

More and more people are asking for regulation. These people need to decide what they want. If you want regulation stop using crypto - go back to fiat. If you want an unregulated currency with anonymity and everything else that comes with it then either:

a) stop investing in shit
or
b) get used to losing your money

You can't have it both ways!

People need to stop investing in ICOs immediately and a big part of this problem will disappear instantly.
atrostophe

Activity: 152

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:51:00 PM

Hi, guys. How are you? Wink #rekreace

No doubt this is a scam, but the face in this picture is pasted in another pic. Just look at the chin ... looks like doublechin , the person on the frontpage absolutly has no doublechin.
exactly, i said it was photoshopped earlier
DiabolusLoki

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:52:48 PM

All,

The funds were withdrawn @ 11:03 PDT to https://blockchain.info/address/1G13xzGN6zG4CpusBSEazNcjCBxWqHMMsn.  The funds are no longer in our control.

richie@bittrex

If an exchange is holding an ICO for a scammer..it's their fault. Once Fincen kicks in..it'll all be taken care of. Regulation is another thing that would help keep people away from scammers like these. I was never a big fan of regulation but that needs to be done on all exchanges.

Video chat/ID proof/ Residential address/ Previous history etc..all needs to be there for every single developer on each exchange.

This EQX dev must be running around in happiness but he doesn't realize that his 66 btc won't last for lifetime and once Fincen kicks in..he will have hard time making any money at all.

Can decentralized, trustless and unregulated currencies work in our society? The answer so far is an emphatic no.

More and more people are asking for regulation. These people need to decide what they want. If you want regulation stop using crypto - go back to fiat. If you want an unregulated currency with anonymity and everything else that comes with it then either:

or

People need to stop investing in ICOs immediately and a big part of this problem will disappear instantly.
Exactly, not sure why you people are all here if it's regulation that you want.
Please fuck off to wherever you came from before you heard of the BTC train.
I invested in this shit just the same, but felt the scam coming and still got out with a nice profit (though not as much as I was hoping for)
mxhwr

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:53:59 PM

All,

richie@bittrex

Right but that means Exchange isn't taking enough interest in whether the Dev is legit or not. For example..do they have ID proof of the dev, do they have residential address, did they have video chat to make sure he is who he says he is...what happens when dev run away with the money? How do you protect investors from scammers like him?

It's not the law that's why it's not being done. It's ruining crypto.

coinsource did all that, if dev did not provide those info then no one should have invested. today POD has been let down too. the only i thing i find stupid is what is the point of coinsource getting the id of the developer when they will not share it in a event of a scam, because they say if anything happens to him they would be liable.

again bittrex is not to blame, if they knew it was a scam they would never had added it. coinsource did verification they should release the details so the investors who invested can put a bounty on his head.

somone should make bounty coin for thieves
Varix

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:54:14 PM

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD EVER!!!! I am laughing my ass off!! Grin
mxhwr

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:55:25 PM

All,

richie@bittrex

or

Exactly, not sure why you people are all here if it's regulation that you want.
Please fuck off to wherever you came from before you heard of the BTC train.
I invested in this shit just the same, but felt the scam coming and still got out with a nice profit (though not as much as I was hoping for)

exactly i dont want regulation the biggest scam is us people paying our tax to governments, its our job to look out for scams. the bitter truth is dont invest in ICO. only invest in ICO that has already produced the tech
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:55:35 PM

and it turned out to be a scam.   Sad

Really?  Get out of here, I don't believe it.  Cheesy
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:55:50 PM

Great! Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into it.

Cheers,

Clyze

More Infos here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=835131.0

Neos is the exact opposite to all the hypes and scams. But still undervalued because too much money is in Hypes and Scams. ;-)
mxhwr

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:56:16 PM

what i found funny is how the dev taunted the investors, has to be the funniest scam ever. if im not wrong wasn't this the second IPO. the first ipo only raised a few BTC
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 05:59:46 PM

More Infos here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=835131.0

Neos is the exact opposite to all the hypes and scams. But still undervalued because too much money is in Hypes and Scams. ;-)

Did you ever stop to think that all the comparables are overvalued?  Piece of shit coin X is worth 1mm and piece of shit coin Y is trading at 500k, so it must be undervalued.  How about piece of shit coin X is overvalued at 1mm and so is piece of shit coin Y at 500k.  Eh?
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:01:51 PM

All,

richie@bittrex

All is good your ICO terms are clear and yours is currently the best exchange but I have to ask. Why facilitate ICOs? why provide this service when it is clearly abused 95% of the time.
You are not responsible for the devs misconduct and everyone should know that. But you do provide the means for this to happen, let the shitty exchanges take your ipo fee bussiness, sacrifice a few btcs and become the better exchange in every possible way not just volume, pretty interface and security but honorable aswell. It's basically "I'm just selling the guns, you're the ones killing each other", well don't sell guns, leave it to the lower tier exchanges.
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:03:04 PM

and it turned out to be a scam.   Sad

Really?  Get out of here, I don't believe it.  Cheesy
lol i didn't invest in this but I am sad for the people that did. i don't feel the need to kick a person when they are down.
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:03:16 PM

this coin just looks like a scam, no reall innovation and he wants 230btc lol

said this was a scam time back august 20th
atrostophe

Activity: 152

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:03:23 PM

although this incident wasnt bittrex's fault its going to lose reputation if this situation doesnt pan out well, everyone was eager to move over to mintpal again for v2 before it turned out to be a pile of dog shit

i highly doubt a buyback would every happen but i think it would reassure investers if a buyback and promise never to host an ico was made or if there was a process where the exchange gives the community all the info on the dev lets everyone check them out and see if there is any dirt and if a certain number of people approve he ico can be hosted

maybe the community of initial investors should aim to get the price back to ico so that everyone can make a bit of profit
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: