Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:30:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally!!!!!  (Read 81254 times)
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 01:33:21 PM

This is not nice, I don't agree with what's going on, but to me it looks way more stable than before.

I don't understand how you can call an inflation rate of 3% stable, stably losing it's value maybe, but definitely not stable. Not to mention the horrible uncertainty of Greece and potential sovereign debt demonetization and the inflation that would case..

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 01:36:51 PM

That scenario isnt unlikely. I wonder how we will change BTC to Cash if bank transfers and ATM witdrs get limited?
I to, wonder how this is gonna play out.

That's the real beauty of bitcoin.  It's can be usable as a currency on its own right, and if things got bad enough and/or adoption was widespread enough, there really wouldn't be too much of a need to convert back to cash.  That's the future I'm hoping for.  I don't want to convert the bitcoins I now have back into traditional currency.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 01:53:52 PM

That scenario isnt unlikely. I wonder how we will change BTC to Cash if bank transfers and ATM witdrs get limited?
I to, wonder how this is gonna play out.

That's the real beauty of bitcoin.  It's can be usable as a currency on its own right, and if things got bad enough and/or adoption was widespread enough, there really wouldn't be too much of a need to convert back to cash.  That's the future I'm hoping for.  I don't want to convert the bitcoins I now have back into traditional currency.
True, but euros still always need to be converted to Bitcoins. Since not everybody in the EU will have Bitcoins to there possession. And mostly now a days that still works cause Intersango for instance have some polish bank they trust and won't freeze there account.
I remember that Tradehill had problems with there bank in the EU a while ago.
So if in the future maybe banks will prevent companies like Intersango to do there biz, I wonder how this is gonna play out.
Localbitcoins.com will be in rally then yes. Smiley

anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 02:02:02 PM

This is not nice, I don't agree with what's going on, but to me it looks way more stable than before.

I don't understand how you can call an inflation rate of 3% stable, stably losing it's value maybe, but definitely not stable. Not to mention the horrible uncertainty of Greece and potential sovereign debt demonetization and the inflation that would case..

3% inflation is propaganda. They get there by including consumer electronics and excluding energy from the basket. The real rate should be some point between 5% and 7%.

If you take the Austrian definition of inflation (increase of money), it's probably in the 20% at the moment.

My meaning of stable is something like "unlikely to collapse". Which I think it is. The Commission is very close now to being able to suspend several markets - they are certainly working towards that goal. And it looks to me they will get applause from Occupy and friends if they do.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 02:11:47 PM

The economy isn't broken. It doesn't need "fixing". This is exactly its intended condition. Money isn't real. Interest and debt are not real. Our whole economy has been set up to steal.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 02:14:01 PM

3% inflation is propaganda. They get there by including consumer electronics and excluding energy from the basket. The real rate should be some point between 5% and 7%.

If you take the Austrian definition of inflation (increase of money), it's probably in the 20% at the moment.

I know all of that, I just wanted to make a point for which I thought even 3% is enough and I didn't want my point being rejected because I used numbers many people wouldn't believe because it goes against what their precious owners(governments) tell them, do get what I'm trying to say?

My meaning of stable is something like "unlikely to collapse". Which I think it is. The Commission is very close now to being able to suspend several markets - they are certainly working towards that goal. And it looks to me they will get applause from Occupy and friends if they do.

I guess that's one way to look at it.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 02:15:21 PM

The economy isn't broken. It doesn't need "fixing". This is exactly its intended condition. Money isn't real. Interest and debt are not real. Our whole economy has been set up to steal.

The sky isn't blue, water isn't wet, our whole existence has been set up so we can die.

Roll Eyes

anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 02:42:50 PM

As said, I don't like it. But this is the picture I am currently getting. The commission has the power to keep it going at all (our) cost. I think people have no phantasy of what govts can do. I think we won't go hyper until debt is at 800% GDP. Because that is about where it happened in the past.

The German real estate market has a capitalization of 5 Trillion. Add the Dutch, Austrian, French, Finnish.... They can put a mandatory mortgage of 30% on your house to raise another 4 Trillion or so. I don't like it, but this is what I think they will do. After inflation, of course, because inflation removes the debt of house owners, so they can easily put new ones on. They did it before (1924).

In short, they will rip us blind to keep the system going. Forget about what collapse may happen, because it won't. Again: I don't like it, but this is what I think will happen, whether I like it or not.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 02:47:40 PM

As said, I don't like it. But this is the picture I am currently getting. The commission has the power to keep it going at all (our) cost. I think people have no phantasy of what govts can do. I think we won't go hyper until debt is at 800% GDP. Because that is about where it happened in the past.

The German real estate market has a capitalization of 5 Trillion. Add the Dutch, Austrian, French, Finnish.... They can put a mandatory mortgage of 30% on your house to raise another 4 Trillion or so. I don't like it, but this is what I think they will do. After inflation, of course, because inflation removes the debt of house owners, so they can easily put new ones on. They did it before (1924).

In short, they will rip us blind to keep the system going. Forget about what collapse may happen, because it won't. Again: I don't like it, but this is what I think will happen, whether I like it or not.

Hyper happens from loss of demand for a currency. People keep demanding really shitty currencies when there are no other options, but if bitcoin is usable enough those old currencies could self destruct while they still look healthy compared to breakdown points of the past.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:01:16 PM

I don't disagree that this is what will happen which is why I own gold and am looking to sell a recently inherited real estate ASAP and buy gold, but calling right now stable I can't agree with.. It's to relativist for me. It's unstable already and it's going to get far worse and far more unstable is the correct assessment.

Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:39:09 PM

Owch $5.81, someone just sold like 10k btc?
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:42:31 PM

... am looking to sell a recently inherited real estate ASAP and buy gold
Well that's a difficult call. There's historical precedent for gold being confiscated, and there's historical precedent for land being confiscated.

If it were me, I'd probably hang on to the real estate, simply because it avoids the expenses you will incur by selling real estate and buying gold.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:50:43 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 04:34:45 PM by Sitarow

It can be tricky to know when to "maximize" gains on an upswing in prices, however tempting it may be.

Making "Realized Gains" is a far more realistic attempt at making profitable returns in this market.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:01:31 PM

In that scenario you should expect to see websites like this flourish

http://localbitcoins.com/

ah, I was looking for a well-done site like this for some time now (tradebitcoins.com just doesn't cut it). localbitcoins.com seems to be populated quite well already. cool, thanks!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:06:03 PM

to be expected

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:40:30 PM

to be expected

It's a good thing.  The last thing we want is this getting out of control.  I won't be surprised to see selling down to $5.50, and even lower.  I don't think $6 is going down as easily as everyone else.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 4271

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:53:34 PM

You are, like, a poet man

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
interlagos

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:58:57 PM

Awesome quote!
For those who are wondering where it's from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELEwjVRxxGE
at 2:53 but better watch the whole thing, it's precious!

By the way those guys accept bitcoin donations at:
http://thejuicemedia.com/donate/
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 4271

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 05:22:31 PM

holy shit!!! THANK YOU!!!

I would offer

Hayek vs. Keynes

and

round 2

but I like yours even better

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 05:25:47 PM

Awesome, the rally seems to be slowing down, the $6 wall tripled over the last 3 hours.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: