Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:20:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally!!!!!  (Read 81254 times)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 12:42:39 AM

Wooooooot 2012 high and all the greedy Bitcoinica fucks out in the cold.

2012 high was 7.2 Huh
But market capitalization is 2012 high Smiley

http://www.blockchain.info/charts/market-cap

very interesting

The price would need to be a little over $20/BTC to exceed the 2011 market cap high.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chronicaust

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:28:34 AM

I bet it goes to 9+ and almost breaks 10 then back to about 4 within a  week or so... just putting in my prediction so I can say "see, told you so!" haha = )
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 01:32:27 AM

I bet it goes to 9+ and almost breaks 10 then back to about 4 within a  week or so... just putting in my prediction so I can say "see, told you so!" haha = )
    To: 4 dot ridiculous

in a week! try again  Tongue

chronicaust

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:47:14 AM

I bet it goes to 9+ and almost breaks 10 then back to about 4 within a  week or so... just putting in my prediction so I can say "see, told you so!" haha = )

it did drop from 3x point holy $#%^ to 0 dot oh noezzz!!!1 in no time before... who is to say its impossible?
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:20:01 AM

tsunami warning system must be down.
Lumpy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:22:21 AM

it did drop from 3x point holy $#%^ to 0 dot oh noezzz!!!1 in no time before... who is to say its impossible?

That was the MtGox hack, and not a "real" market drop.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 02:24:58 AM

tsunami warning system must be down.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 06:45:37 AM

I bet it goes to 9+ and almost breaks 10 then back to about 4 within a  week or so... just putting in my prediction so I can say "see, told you so!" haha = )

I'm willing to bet against that.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 10:17:41 AM

There's a wide gap between "impossible" and "likely". I'm willing to bet against that myself up to 1:4 odds.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:12:34 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2012, 05:44:59 PM by disclaimer201

There's a wide gap between "impossible" and "likely". I'm willing to bet against that myself up to 1:4 odds.

Is this the new shortselling chatroom?
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:41:51 PM

Buy $5, sell $5. On the one hand profit $0, but on the other loss $0. Trading has been really boring lately.

Howerver now :-)

I wish there was some way of leveraged trading at the moment.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:59:13 PM

Buy $5, sell $5. On the one hand profit $0, but on the other loss $0. Trading has been really boring lately.

Howerver now :-)

I wish there was some way of leveraged trading at the moment.

Do you want to go long?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:30:13 PM

Up, Buy. I'm not sure what that is it terms of long or short.

Although Iv'e missed when I wanted to do so now.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:25:15 PM

Well, if you want to buy on leverage, because you really, really believe the price is going to go up enough from here, then take out a cash advance on your credit card and transfer the money to an exchange.  I mean, really, that's no different than goofing around with bitcoinica in terms of value lost or gained.

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 04:35:43 PM

Well, if you want to buy on leverage, because you really, really believe the price is going to go up enough from here, then take out a cash advance on your credit card and transfer the money to an exchange.  I mean, really, that's no different than goofing around with bitcoinica in terms of value lost or gained.

Its completely different. You don't have to go into debt to trade with leverage.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 04:55:08 PM

Well, if you want to buy on leverage, because you really, really believe the price is going to go up enough from here, then take out a cash advance on your credit card and transfer the money to an exchange.  I mean, really, that's no different than goofing around with bitcoinica in terms of value lost or gained.

Its completely different. You don't have to go into debt to trade with leverage.

The liquidation risk is completely equivalent to the risk of just using a higher stake of your bank. The way Bitcoinica worked, there was basically no scenario for it to reduce risk, some brokers like Alpari do have some provisions. Depending on the interest it's pretty much the same of betting loaned money with collateral. (Except many people don't quite realise and get wiped more easily).

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 05:21:56 PM

I don't think it's that different.  If you're right, and the price goes up, you'll sell, take the profit, and pay off the debt.  If you're wrong and the price goes down, then you'll eventually sell, and owe the bank the difference between what you borrowed and what you ended up getting from the sell.  In the latter case, you lost value.

With leverage on bitcoinica, you have to deposit some value, and then you can magnify your profits with loans from bitcoinica.  If you buy on leverage, and the price goes up, you'd eventually sell, take the profit, and the rest, minus what you initially deposited, is returned to bitcoinica.  If you're wrong and the price goes down, you'd eventually sell or be liquidated, and you'd lose some or all of what you deposited.  Again, in the being-wrong case, you lose value.

We could quibble over which one is more efficient or safer, but in terms of going long, there isn't much difference in principle.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 06:59:28 PM

Well, if you want to buy on leverage, because you really, really believe the price is going to go up enough from here, then take out a cash advance on your credit card and transfer the money to an exchange.  I mean, really, that's no different than goofing around with bitcoinica in terms of value lost or gained.

I don't think it's that different.  If you're right, and the price goes up, you'll sell, take the profit, and pay off the debt.  If you're wrong and the price goes down, then you'll eventually sell, and owe the bank the difference between what you borrowed and what you ended up getting from the sell.  In the latter case, you lost value.

With leverage on bitcoinica, you have to deposit some value, and then you can magnify your profits with loans from bitcoinica.  If you buy on leverage, and the price goes up, you'd eventually sell, take the profit, and the rest, minus what you initially deposited, is returned to bitcoinica.  If you're wrong and the price goes down, you'd eventually sell or be liquidated, and you'd lose some or all of what you deposited.  Again, in the being-wrong case, you lose value.

We could quibble over which one is more efficient or safer, but in terms of going long, there isn't much difference in principle.

with bitcoinica, he loses the precious bitcoins he already has, with the credit card solution, he owes the creditor fiat, but still has his precious bitcoins, which he might have to sell (at now lower price) to cover his debt.

Maybe the question is: who let's him wait longer... in both cases, waiting incurs cost (interest on credit card debt, fee for holding bitcoinica position)

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
hiVe

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 03:54:04 PM

Naima53,

What do you mean or what do you want to know:
- who that team of people are?
- what they're doing?
- where they reside?
- eh?

Use correct phrases please, minimal effort, i am not native either.

▄  ▄
             ▄█▌  ▐█▄
            ███    ███▄
          ▄████    ████▄
        ▄██████▌  ▐██████▄
       ▄████████  ████████▄
      ███████▀▀    ▀▀███████
    ▄███████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
   ▄███████▌   ▀██▀   ▐███████▄
  █████▀▀                ▀▀█████
 ███▀▀      ▄██▄▄▄▄██▄      ▀▀███
▀▀       ▄▄████████████▄▄       ▀▀
    ▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄   
▄████████████████████████████████▄

▄██████████████      ▄▄████████▄▄            ▄█▄          ▐█████████████▄ 
▐██▀                ▄███▀▀    ▀▀███▄         ▄███▄         ▐██        ▀▀███
███                ▐██▀          ▀██▌       ▄██▀██▄        ▐██          ▐██▌
▀███▄▄    ▄▄▄▄     ██▌            ▐██      ▄██▀ ▀██▄       ▐██        ▄▄███
  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀███▄   ██▌            ▐██     ▄██▀   ▀██▄      ▐██    ▄▄█████▀ 
             ███   ▐██▄          ▄██▌    ▄██▀     ▀██▄     ▐██      ▀██▄   
            ▄██▌    ▀███▄▄    ▄▄███▀    ▄██▀       ▀██▄    ▐██        ███  
██████████████▀       ▀▀████████▀▀     ██████████▄  ▀███   ▐██         ▀██▄

World's 1st Fully Democratised
SUPER-MAP Using Drone Content
  / 
   FOR DRONE ENTHUSIAST  

▪ PRIVATE SALE REGISTRATION
  ▪ PUBLIC SALE: Sep 29th 2018

██████████████████            ██████████████████
       ███           ▄███▄           ▐███
       ▀████████████████████████████████▀
               ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
                    ▄█████▄
                  ███████████
              ▄▄████▀█████▀████▄▄
            ███▀▀    ▀███▀    ▀▀███
            ▐█         █         █▌
                      ▀█▀

JOIN THE PRESALE             
WHITEPAPER   PRIMER     TELEGRAM
TECHPAPER     TWITTER   MEDIUM

Live Demo
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 06:52:00 PM

what does this mean?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: