Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:00:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What about bitcoin containers?  (Read 4560 times)
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 08:28:12 AM

MMS? I like your thinking!

I suggest you create a bounty thread for this? It shouldnt be too difficult to create a draft for someone knowledgeable. The idea itself will appeal to many. Maybe others add to the bounty too.
I hope this works out nicely!

Ente
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 09:26:56 AM

As Death and Taxes says.

Great point, it would be similar to real cash if the value could be checked and if you can pass it along knowing that
noone else who had it before could take away the value from it.

I also like "cointainer".

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
2_Thumbs_Up (OP)

Activity: 323
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 04:36:43 PM

MMS? I like your thinking!
I like my thinking too, but it was a more of a question. I have no idea if the MMS protocol actually allows the transfer of any file type. I also don't know what other possible restrictions there are like file size limit etc, and my google skills won't give me a clear answer. But if MMS could possibly allow the transfer of .btc files it should certainly be taken into serious consideration when creating the standard. Transfering bitcoins P2P through phone messages would be too good of a feature to give up lightly.

I suggest you create a bounty thread for this? It shouldnt be too difficult to create a draft for someone knowledgeable. The idea itself will appeal to many. Maybe others add to the bounty too.
I hope this works out nicely!

Ente
I will do as soon as I've straightened out some of the question marks I still have.

As Death and Taxes says.

Great point, it would be similar to real cash if the value could be checked and if you can pass it along knowing that
noone else who had it before could take away the value from it.

I also like "cointainer".
The thing is, those who had acces to the container before you can take the value away from it. That is why you would need to redeem the coins i.e. "take them out of" the container and "put them in" your own wallet. I don't think there is any way around that. So this would only be secure to move bitcoins from one person to another, not between multiple persons.

A password protected container would be safe to show to anyone though, assuming the password is strong enough.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: