Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:46:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DISCOUNT AMAZON CODES FOR SALE 20% DISCOUNT, not!  (Read 9121 times)
b4b33

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 01:40:08 AM

You dealt with me many times on $2k+ transactions, like everyone else i have dealt with, flawless transactions.

Yet, again like everyone else your eyes probably lit up with this guys offers. Even if he does 'pull through' ill bet you 50BTC his GCs are carded.

To the guy asking what 'carded' means, this means someone is fraudulently using somebody elses credit card, to purchase goods.

Do not assume because you have your GCs that 180days down the line amazon put your accounts in negative balance, and ask for the money back!

My most recent transaction with newdude was over 1.5 weeks ago, and the transaction before that was over 2.5 weeks ago.  Total value was $2k+ in transactions.  I'm not sure where you came up with the 180 day number for a supposedly stolen Amazon gift card code to reveal itself, but let's say that you're correct about the assumption of 30 to 60 days for a cardholder to discover and report unauthorized charges.

By my clock, 60 days is about 2 months.  So by the end of May, if my Amazon account with its large gift card balance is still in good standing, and others can report that as well, I expect that you would owe newdude 50 btc, am I correct?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTC guy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 01:45:32 AM

When i first started selling here i got the third degree too. Almost all new sellers do. People around here are very suspicious. And for good reason. Dont take it personal. Just do good business and eventually people will start to trust you and appreciate your service.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 01:57:32 AM

When i first started selling here i got the third degree too. Almost all new sellers do. People around here are very suspicious. And for good reason. Dont take it personal. Just do good business and eventually people will start to trust you and appreciate your service.

You wouldn't believe the amount of carders/scammers we saw here last year. I could say safely that almost 1/3 of sellers turned out to be a kind of scam last year.
newdude (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 01:59:39 AM

Thanks for the confidence. But I retire from this board.
I mean, anyone with half a brain knows that almost any amount of credit card purchase will be verified.
When I use my Chase Visa, they freeze my card for any amount over $200. They then call me to verify the transaction.
So to sell $50,000 worth of Amazon codes, purchased with a stolen credit card, is highly obsurd.
Thanks man. Appreciate it.
newdude (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:00:13 AM

You wouldn't believe the amount of carders/scammers we saw here last year. I could say safely that almost 1/3 of sellers turned out to be a kind of scam last year.
I agree.
newdude (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:00:36 AM

Where is the popcorn?
BTC guy

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:04:11 AM

I believe you john. I also believe in innocent until proven guilty.

Newdude, dont get sucked in to the shit storm. Stand your ground and sell me codes.

newdude (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:06:59 AM

You dealt with me many times on $2k+ transactions, like everyone else i have dealt with, flawless transactions.

Yet, again like everyone else your eyes probably lit up with this guys offers. Even if he does 'pull through' ill bet you 50BTC his GCs are carded.

To the guy asking what 'carded' means, this means someone is fraudulently using somebody elses credit card, to purchase goods.

Do not assume because you have your GCs that 180days down the line amazon put your accounts in negative balance, and ask for the money back!

My most recent transaction with newdude was over 1.5 weeks ago, and the transaction before that was over 2.5 weeks ago.  Total value was $2k+ in transactions.  I'm not sure where you came up with the 180 day number for a supposedly stolen Amazon gift card code to reveal itself, but let's say that you're correct about the assumption of 30 to 60 days for a cardholder to discover and report unauthorized charges.

By my clock, 60 days is about 2 months.  So by the end of May, if my Amazon account with its large gift card balance is still in good standing, and others can report that as well, I expect that you would owe newdude 50 btc, am I correct?
]
If ANYONE would have said I was a scammer, it would be this guy. He was my #3 customer.
Even while all this bullshit Occulta was saying I was a scammer, this guy was STILL buying.
If I were still selling on this forum, Id bet a bag of nickels he STILL would buy from me!
The truth will set you free!
BTC guy

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:07:47 AM

Less talk more codes.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:07:58 AM

So the email reveals your way of getting these cheap, and it looks like a legit way of doing it. What I am confused about though, is the staunch refusal at first to say how you obtained the codes - I mean really, how the hell could we break in to that and make you less profitable, just by knowing how it is done? Not all of us run pawnshops. That was my initial turnoff, coupled with the somewhat childish --or at least excitable-- behavior when confronted with the very real possibility that it could be a scam or carded.

Being honest and upfront with everyone would have made the whole thing so much smoother and easier. When you come back next month, be sure to start a new thread instead of reviving this one, and then explain in the new thread that you are able to sell these at a discount because you got them by selling hardware which was purchased at a discount. Don't be so defensive when accused of scamming, and instead offer proof while remaining pleasant.

If you follow the simple tips above, you will enjoy a painless selling experience, and I might even suggest that you could sell just as quickly if you raised your price by a few percent - that is a few percent that goes right back into your pocket.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
newdude (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:11:48 AM

Newdude, dont get sucked in to the shit storm. Stand your ground and sell me codes.
IF and thats a big IF I do ever sell codes on here again, it wont be until April 29th.
So if these codes are INDEED stolen or carded, it will be revealed by then.
I told this to Theymos and I will stand by what I said. He agreed.
But IF I do come back and sell, I will have more than EVER. And a larger discount also.
Let them try and beat 30 percent discount. It cant be beaten.
Yabba dabba doo! (Thats my catchphrase)
newdude (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:17:35 AM

So the email reveals your way of getting these cheap, and it looks like a legit way of doing it. What I am confused about though, is the staunch refusal at first to say how you obtained the codes - I mean really, how the hell could we break in to that and make you less profitable, just by knowing how it is done? Not all of us run pawnshops. That was my initial turnoff, coupled with the somewhat childish --or at least excitable-- behavior when confronted with the very real possibility that it could be a scam or carded.

Being honest and upfront with everyone would have made the whole thing so much smoother and easier. When you come back next month, be sure to start a new thread instead of reviving this one, and then explain in the new thread that you are able to sell these at a discount because you got them by selling hardware which was purchased at a discount. Don't be so defensive when accused of scamming, and instead offer proof while remaining pleasant.

If you follow the simple tips above, you will enjoy a painless selling experience, and I might even suggest that you could sell just as quickly if you raised your price by a few percent - that is a few percent that goes right back into your pocket.

Ok, since you have high rep, I wont go off on you.
First of all, lets see:
Who was the FIRST to come out and call me a scammer? Occulta.
Why would he do that? Because HE has everything to lose.
I am not one to run from criticism, but coming from him, how dare HE question me?
If it came from YOU or someone else with rep, then fine. But it was HIM with the bullshit.
I agree with EVERYTHING you JUST said. Point taken.
See, that's how a dialogue is done. NOT the way OCCULTA came at me.
newdude (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:18:14 AM

Less talk more codes.
Nah, Im good.
BTC guy

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:25:24 AM

It kinda seems you like the attention and want to continue arguing about this. Why continue to debate this if your not gonna stick around? Lets cut to the chase and be direct. Are you going to sell more codes or not?

newdude (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:31:07 AM

It kinda seems like you like the attention. Why continue talking about this if your not gonna stick around? Lets cut to the chase and be direct. Are you going to sell more codes or not?
I really dont care one way or the other.
I am trying to respond.
I already told you, if I do sell again, not until April 29.
Thats what I told Theymos and that what I will do.
No private transaction, no public transaction.
But dont worry. I will have around $50,000 or so on that date.
We shall see.

newdude (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:32:32 AM

At a 30% discount too.
So I guess that answer is YES. On April 29th.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:35:30 AM

IF and thats a big IF I do ever sell codes on here again, it wont be until April 29th.
But IF I do come back and sell, I will have more than EVER. And a larger discount also.

It kinda seems you like the attention and want to continue arguing about this. Why continue to debate this if your not gonna stick around? Lets cut to the chase and be direct. Are you going to sell more codes or not?

If you revealed your method (ain't really copy-able, who here runs a pawnshop?) earlier, then all of this trouble wouldn't have occurred. Anyway, just try selling here again on 29th. I would be one of your customers if all is well.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:36:19 AM

I will be buying!

newdude (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:38:33 AM

I will be buying!
Werd to Big Bird!
newdude (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:39:38 AM

If you revealed your method (ain't really copy-able, who here runs a pawnshop?) earlier, then all of this trouble wouldn't have occurred. Anyway, just try selling here again on 29th. I would be one of your customers if all is well.
Werd to Big Bird!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: