Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:14:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Fulfilled] Looking for a 2BTC loan  (Read 2198 times)
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 08:40:01 PM

You will never see those 2btc again.  Hopefully you will get burned enough times that you will stop giving money away to beggars and then they will finally stop begging here.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 09:08:24 PM

You will never see those 2btc again.  Hopefully you will get burned enough times that you will stop giving money away to beggars and then they will finally stop begging here.

Actually that transaction hasn't taken place yet Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 03:23:29 AM

i do competitions/quiz in newbies and off-topic section , why cant you win those free BTC  ?  Cheesy
gorgo1 (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 06:32:27 PM

i do competitions/quiz in newbies and off-topic section , why cant you win those free BTC  ?  Cheesy

Because i don't know about any of these things.I'd still be happy to recieve a loan to prove myself to be reputable. I'll be able to give my real name,age and phone no to an interested lender.

18dYSssmxr2wkKvQ9a84m8Wbw7HvELjJSM
senbonzakura

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 06:39:14 PM

did you get your loan from film2240?
gorgo1 (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 07:00:06 PM

did you get your loan from film2240?

I'll need to sort that out with film2240. When I can pay this back,it'll be easier to make loans in the future for me as people can trust me some more.

18dYSssmxr2wkKvQ9a84m8Wbw7HvELjJSM
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 07:33:17 PM

I looked there but they need a much higher rep for even small loans than I have at the moment.I'm looking for a loan.I will payback the loan in a week with small (or no) interest. I wish to build my reputation so lenders can loan to me. I will use this loan to help with one of lifes little emergencies but lost my job recently due to the economy. I hope to get back on my feet soon.If you lend to me,you will always be thanked and paid back soon.

Quote from: gorgo1
Seeing how people are more willing to make large loan requests I wish that people would make it easier for people like me to get single figure loans instead of making it difficult.I want rep by successfull payback of small loans.

Will someone please lend to me here? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74854.0.If interested please reply to my thread rather than here thanks. I will need loans in future to build my mining rig after this one.

Reputation is built by posting on the forums and demonstrating that you've invested time and thought into bitcoin, as well as by doing business. If you had a few hundred insightful posts behind you and asked for 2 btc, nobody would think twice about giving you this loan. You joined the forum a couple of weeks ago, with 50 posts total, of which 5 are on this thread asking for a loan, 4 are on an earlier thread asking for another loan, and the rest are reasonably short, it's obvious that you haven't invested a lot of time into this identity.

Think of it this way: if you see a guy asking for a loan with 1000 posts in his history, each of which could be considered for publication in a reputable journal, you can assume he's probably put 10000 hours into his online identity. He may be pseudonymous and not have done any business, but time is money and he's clearly put a lot of time into his pseudonym. If he goes asking for a 10 btc loan, you can feel reasonably confident that he's not planning to scam you simply because it'd be stupid to throw away a reputation that you put that much effort into over 50 bucks. If he's asking for 20k btc, you might ask him for more verification.

This isn't to say that people with lots of posts are more honest than others. It just means they've sunk more into the community and have more to lose by being dishonest. When we see people show up here and ask for a loan a few days later, it either screams "irresponsible" because who needs these tiny consumer loans, or it screams "scammer", because a scammer's not going to bother putting much effort into building up an identity only to throw away its reputation over a few bucks.

Then again, 2 btc is probably below that threshold for many people. But if your current strategy is to post on other loan threads bitching about how people don't take little guys like you seriously, you might want to redirect that effort to actually contributing to discussions instead. You'll learn more about the community, the technology, and the economy, and you'll look better to potential lenders. What's not to like?
senbonzakura

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 07:39:08 PM

thanks, wanted to write something like the above, this has been discussed many times.

so yeah film2240 offered you a loan take it, continue to be active in the forum and then maybe in the future you can get a loan

or provide good info for higher loan
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 07:40:51 PM

Good news.I've now fulfiled the loan request for 2BTC to be paid back by next sunday (a week from now). If gorgo1 pays this back,then it'll show that I can lend to him again in confidence later. I'm not sur how the rest of you would feel (as he's still relatively new with not too many posts on here).

I can understand that you may be thinking,I'm not going to be paid back but I hope that he'll pay me back. Tip to gorgo1 since you're inexperienced here,it's generally not good practice to ask for any more loans until you pay off the current loan or you have a better reputation and the means to pay them all off (with or without interest). The loan has now been fulfilled now.When OP is back online again,he should update this thread so that other lenders already know that you've been lent to.

Good advice for gorgo1 there copumpkin. I think we should help people become more familiar with the way things are around here. A scammer would probably typically build up a certain no of posts (I don't know exactly). We should discourage scammers and help keep the honest,well honest.Of course there'll still be some bad apples who spoil it for the rest of us but still that's life.

Thanks senbonzakura for advising gorgo1.I think this guy (OP) really needs to get to grips around here.

Clipse

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 09:26:21 PM

So, ask for a small loan at interest free then be a good modelled citizen and repay with same 2BTC and earn street cred.

Next time ask for much higher loan and dissappear ?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 09:28:05 PM

So, ask for a small loan at interest free then be a good modelled citizen and repay and earn street cred.

Wink

You can't build rep by just taking out a bunch of loans and repaying them. It used to work this way, then we were repeatedly fucked over.

ETA: Wasn't trying to be dickish/condescending to you, Clipse. I miscommunicated.
Clipse

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 09:29:11 PM

So, ask for a small loan at interest free then be a good modelled citizen and repay and earn street cred.

Wink

You can't build rep by just taking out a bunch of loans and repaying them.

Im aware of that, but it seems to be the OP's approach to the loan game.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 09:31:30 PM

Good one, that's why I see more merit in making some kind of donation instead of taking a 2 BTC loan to hold for a few days.

Well, let's see what those 2 BTC will do the next few days:
http://blockchain.info/address/1BftWpsY7UMWaUUwXJrKq8rwKQZcadNz1U

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: