Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coin will surpass bitcoin?  (Read 2507 times)
tinof

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:55:45 AM

NEM has the potential to surpass bitcoin if done right. But it will take more than a few years to prove itself.

ronoa

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:06:18 AM

No coins will surpass bitcoin I think with its current market cap. Perhaps some other coin will trump Litecoin but not bitcoin in years to come.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:20:55 AM

NEM has the potential to surpass bitcoin if done right. But it will take more than a few years to prove itself.

Anything that takes "years" to realise any sort of potential already makes me weary.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 12:15:04 PM

In many years once the goverment sees that bitcoin is not going away mabe they will try make their own coin so they can still have a small bit of control ova what happens in the finance of their own country. I think one country already tried this and even gave some coins to all residents but it failed because everybody dumped their coins in the 1st week or somehing.

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:44:28 PM

In many years once the goverment sees that bitcoin is not going away mabe they will try make their own coin so they can still have a small bit of control ova what happens in the finance of their own country. I think one country already tried this and even gave some coins to all residents but it failed because everybody dumped their coins in the 1st week or somehing.

You're probably thinking about Auroracoin; it was not created by a country, just by an independant developper from that region who thought it was a good idea (and the market agreed with him for a while).
dadugan

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:47:01 PM

You're probably thinking about Auroracoin; it was not created by a country, just by an independant developper from that region who thought it was a good idea (and the market agreed with him for a while).

There are many reasons for Auroracoin down fall.

Lack of support from local citizen is one. Getting attacked by 51% attack is another major reason.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 01:02:58 PM

There are many reasons for Auroracoin down fall.

Lack of support from local citizen is one. Getting attacked by 51% attack is another major reason.
I was thinking about Auroracoin, thanks for clearing that up. I didnt know they suffered a 51% attack though, thats interesting.
Could anyone mine that coin or only residents from that country?
You say the country didn't start it so who paid for all the coins sent out, it must have cost something?

Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:22:38 PM

I was thinking about Auroracoin, thanks for clearing that up. I didnt know they suffered a 51% attack though, thats interesting.
Could anyone mine that coin or only residents from that country?
You say the country didn't start it so who paid for all the coins sent out, it must have cost something?

Premine Wink
Hash Master

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:33:58 PM

Surpassing bitcoin? Currently Bitcoin doesn't have a real competitor. Litecoin will hang around for sure. I also like the concept of Primecoin. Everything is possible, but I don't think that Bitcoin can be outranked any time soon.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 01:46:27 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 02:20:27 PM by herzmeister

something like MaidSafe (an encrypted P2P internet) may make Bitcoin obsolete, as it has an integrated coin that doesn't require mining/proof-of-work or even a blockchain, thus it will scale well and offer a lot more privacy (i.e. a true e-cash).

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
JeffDeChesare

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:15:11 PM

I don't think any other can just yet, haven't even grasp the bitcoin yet can't deal with another alt that soon.  Cheesy
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 02:30:40 PM

Bitcoins shit, it's slow and  hard to get for non techy ppl, and as for adoption it has had how many years to establish adoption? there are other coins right now that are leaving BTC in the dust in innovation, seriously if you think BTC will be top dog forever your delirious, myspace syndrome i will call your disorder.
MoonTime

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:31:57 PM

The other crypto coins are too less in value. I have some hope with stellars, although they can't be mined currently.
dadugan

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:02:20 PM

Bitcoins shit, it's slow and  hard to get for non techy ppl, and as for adoption it has had how many years to establish adoption? there are other coins right now that are leaving BTC in the dust in innovation, seriously if you think BTC will be top dog forever your delirious, myspace syndrome i will call your disorder.

The masses choose the technology. It isn't the superior that will dominate or survive the market.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:44:53 PM

why you need a coin that surpass bitcoin? to be an early adopters right? quick rich scheme lmao, none care about the tech here

believe it or not but bitcoin is still in his infancy, we can talk about surpassing bitcoin when it will be mainstream
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:02:06 PM

I'd look for superiour anonymity. Maybe not to replace bitcoin, but to be used alongside it.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
ReBoRn

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:06:03 PM

I'd look for superiour anonymity. Maybe not to replace bitcoin, but to be used alongside it.

Yea currently no coin can replace bitcoin but some can go alongside with this for long term

TiberiuC

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:21:38 PM

It would take at least 3 years until that may happen. Maybe something like NXT or an improved Syscoin.
sisx2007

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:28:08 PM

I don't think there will be a coin to surpass bitcoin.Oh, i froget dollar... Wink
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:50:40 PM

I think there is too much altcoin, and the reference is bitcoin,
it mean too difficult to an altcoin suprass bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: