Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash!!!!  (Read 34020 times)
Jointops420

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 02:24:21 AM

Or the desperation of digging a hole a bit deeper than you thought and cant do what you promised to others maybe.
 Shocked
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 02:45:14 AM

Or the desperation of digging a hole a bit deeper than you thought and cant do what you promised to others maybe.
 Shocked

lol this is bitcoin in hyper inflation mode

desperation HA!

the desperation is over buddy...

BUY BUY BUY

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 02:53:39 AM

Honestly it was pure luck from some bad luck.  MtGox is a USD dead end and I had funds stuck there so I put in some buy orders while I waited for a need for the funds.

Still trying to figure out why someone would dump coins like that?

Because they have been praying of a significant rise up to 9-10 bucks a BTC so they could unload and
get into something that has world wide value acceptance and is useful to buy anything with. You know.. like the US Dollar.

Based on what I have seen.. almost everything sold for BTC is more expensive when bought with BTC. All the prices
are based on normal currencies with an additional cost added in just because you can buy it with BTC. Hooray! I can
over pay for goods! Coool!
majamalu
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 03:03:45 AM

Honestly it was pure luck from some bad luck.  MtGox is a USD dead end and I had funds stuck there so I put in some buy orders while I waited for a need for the funds.

Because they have been praying of a significant rise up to 9-10 bucks a BTC so they could unload and
get into something that has world wide value acceptance and is useful to buy anything with. You know.. like the US Dollar.

Based on what I have seen.. almost everything sold for BTC is more expensive when bought with BTC. All the prices
are based on normal currencies with an additional cost added in just because you can buy it with BTC. Hooray! I can

Some people don't want to buy things today with bitcoins; they just want to buy bitcoins for the same reasons they want to buy gold.

http://elbitcoin.org - Bitcoin en español
http://mercadobitcoin.com - MercadoBitcoin
Jointops420

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 03:03:55 AM

I am hoping someone with deep pockets will buy those obviously false asks, if I had just done that huge dump, I would then buy those asks if they of course were not mine without hesitation. Much more BTC in wallet than two hours ago.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 03:57:34 AM

Shocked

desperation HA!

BUY BUY BUY

that could end in a really bad graveyard doji.

you know what that means...
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 04:00:13 AM

I agree, that is some real BS. Preying on the bitcoin nerds, eager to buy anything with their precious coins.

If I had a product to sell (should by November), BTC price would get a discount. I want that shiny digital stuff
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 04:14:43 AM

Shocked

desperation HA!

BUY BUY BUY

honestly
everyone how isn't with pirate should Refuse to buy above 6.50

Owned

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 04:21:47 AM

Shocked

desperation HA!

BUY BUY BUY

honestly
everyone how isn't with pirate should Refuse to buy above 6.50

Owned

but manipulated or not the market will do what it does best

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 04:59:43 AM

I havn't downloaded anything in months but I never ever got a threat letter. Don't you use peerblock, or use any other ways to prevent them watching.
Huh

lol?

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826

rippleFanatic

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 05:26:12 AM

The uptrend is strong because it's coming off months of sideways movement at $5. For the same reason, corrections in this uptrend will not be nearly as severe as the correction in Jan/Feb from $7.2 (right now, $7.5 is about right in the middle of the bollinger band).

Remember, the uptrend started at $2 in November, and all the sideways movement at $5 was a momentum build-up. Why would price retreat from $9, just to go back to $5? Unless this isn't a true uptrend but just an upward volatility burst.

But I don't think so, all the indicators confirm the upward trend. We'll bounce off $7.x (old resistance becomes new support) and grind against $9.x until most likely breaking $10, continuing the retracement of the correction from $30.

$9 profit-takers will probably be lucky to add to their positions buying under $8. Panic-sellers in the $7's will probably suffer some losses.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 05:31:25 AM

The uptrend is strong because it's coming off months of sideways movement at $5. For the same reason, corrections in this uptrend will not be nearly as severe as the correction in Jan/Feb from $7.2 (right now, $7.5 is about right in the middle of the bollinger band).

Remember, the uptrend started at $2 in November, and all the sideways movement at $5 was a momentum build-up. Why would price retreat from $9, just to go back to $5? Unless this isn't a true uptrend but just an upward volatility burst.

But I don't think so, all the indicators confirm the upward trend. We'll bounce off $7.x (old resistance becomes new support) and grind against $9.x until most likely breaking $10, continuing the retracement of the correction from $30.

$9 profit-takers will probably be lucky to add to their positions buying under $8. Panic-sellers in the $7's will probably suffer some losses.

+1

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 05:33:24 AM

Come on bears, this the best you got?

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 06:03:03 AM

Maybe they've been running a ponzi scheme and for some reason need to cash out quickly.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 06:06:36 AM

Maybe they've been running a ponzi scheme and for some reason need to cash out quickly.
lol

priceless
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 06:08:33 AM

1. Dump 40k btc in market
2. People panic dropping the price further.
3. Buy back 50k btc for the same amount of USD you got for selling those 40k btc.
4.  Huh
5. Repeat.
6. Profit.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 06:27:43 AM

I dunno, it's not Monday.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 10:16:56 AM

3. Buy back 50k btc for the same amount of USD you got for selling those 40k btc.
4.  Huh
5. Repeat.
6. Profit.

Seems to be working for whoever is doing it and I say good.
I hope she/he knocks all bots and panic buyers/sellers out of the market for awhile so we can resume a nice steady (and slow) climb.

I can see whats going to happen though, if they keep up these regular shenanigans a bigger shark is going to come along and catch them mid game with their pants down.

My advice, enjoy this show from the sidelines and let the sharks fight it out.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 11:24:07 AM

4.  Huh
5. Repeat.
6. Profit.

I hope she/he knocks all bots and panic buyers/sellers out of the market for awhile so we can resume a nice steady (and slow) climb.

I can see whats going to happen though, if they keep up these regular shenanigans a bigger shark is going to come along and catch them mid game with their pants down.

That would be so funny if someone just dumped 100k in the middle of the next pump. Game over.
Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 01:53:47 PM

4.  Huh
5. Repeat.
6. Profit.

That would be so funny if someone just dumped 100k in the middle of the next pump. Game over.
Uhhh…isn't that exactly what happened last night???  It appears to me like there were right around 100k coins dumped in the span of a few minutes.

A few days ago someone entered the market with some strong buying…maybe it's the same person that was selling…they could have been trying to get the market running in order to profit from some weak buyers paying up for coins.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: