Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info Wallet: We log the internet IP address a wallet was created with  (Read 2251 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 09:03:43 PM

Email and other personally identifiable information

Any email address, skype username or google talk username you enter will be stored on blockchain.info's servers. We will never share this information with any third parties. (They will have to when given a legal subpeona.)

IP Addresses

We log the internet IP address a wallet was created with and the ip the wallet was last updated with.

So, yeah, there is no anonymity with Blockchain.info. I tried using it with Tor to no avail.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 11:44:06 PM

The ip needs to be logged to throttle wallet creation. So yes a wallet identifier can be linked to an ip.

But address cannot be linked to a wallet identifier and transactions cannot be link to a wallet identifier. So I'm not sure exactly what someone could subpoena for.

7 Completely Free VPN Services To Protect Your Privacy

Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 12:06:59 AM

But address cannot be linked to a wallet identifier and transactions cannot be link to a wallet identifier. So I'm not sure exactly what someone could subpoena for.
We have to trust you won't do that. We have to trust the feds won't force you to collect that information.

Also, I couldn't use TOR on your service. VPNs aren't as strong.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
fivemileshigh

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 06:47:58 PM

Also, I couldn't use TOR on your service. VPNs aren't as strong.

I did, it worked. Fairly recently too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: